2 cm dilated and 75% effaced, how long will this go on? - Sybermoms Parenting Forum
Sybermoms Parenting Forum  

Go Back   Sybermoms Parenting Forum > SUPPORT-CATEGORY > General Parenting

General Parenting Need answers to your questions? Don't know where to go for support? Here's your place, we know all the answers and can help you with the most generic of problems.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-23-2003, 10:07 PM   #1 (permalink)
Unsupportive Freeloader

strangest dumpling is a true blue Sybermomstrangest dumpling is a true blue Sybermomstrangest dumpling is a true blue Sybermomstrangest dumpling is a true blue Sybermomstrangest dumpling is a true blue Sybermomstrangest dumpling is a true blue Sybermomstrangest dumpling is a true blue Sybermomstrangest dumpling is a true blue Sybermomstrangest dumpling is a true blue Sybermomstrangest dumpling is a true blue Sybermomstrangest dumpling is a true blue Sybermom
:
Banked :
Donate
2 cm dilated and 75% effaced, how long will this go on?

Hi new here! I'm 38 weeks pregnant. At my appt. yesterday, my midwife said I'm 2 cm dilated and 75% effaced. This is my 2nd baby and my due date is Aug 2nd. Also went to the hospital this AM and had a non-stress test and they say the baby is doing great and that I am having contractions. The contractions don't really hurt just take my breath away.
Just wondering when I'll go into active labor. Did any of you have similiar experiences? What was the outcome????
I'm soooooo impatient to meet her!
strangest dumpling is offline   < Submit to Quotes Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-24-2003, 10:54 AM   #2 (permalink)
My little Dubby
Unsupportive Freeloader

Snapper is funnier than a foot long fuck ferret
:
Banked :
Donate
Well I went to the doctor at 36 weeks and he said you aren't effaced at all and not dilated, it'll be a while. One week later my water "broke", trickled really. I went in and I was 50% effaced and 3cm dilated. I think it is different for everyone though. I knew I was going to have her that weekend though, I told my whole family I was going to go into labor on Labor Day weekend and I did- on Labor Day! I have heard that some women go weeks 3cm dilated and 50% effaced though. I would recommend walking lots. And with dr. approval nipple stimulation may help things along. You're baby is in the safe zone. Good luck and Congrats!
Snapper is offline   < Submit to Quotes Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2003, 11:47 AM   #3 (permalink)
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

WRAX Champion! 9 Ball Pool Champion! Brain Machine Champion! Candy Shoot Champion!
Tournaments Won: 2

LucyLooLoo is a true blue SybermomLucyLooLoo is a true blue SybermomLucyLooLoo is a true blue SybermomLucyLooLoo is a true blue SybermomLucyLooLoo is a true blue SybermomLucyLooLoo is a true blue SybermomLucyLooLoo is a true blue SybermomLucyLooLoo is a true blue SybermomLucyLooLoo is a true blue SybermomLucyLooLoo is a true blue SybermomLucyLooLoo is a true blue Sybermom
:
Banked :
Donate
I doubt it will be long! Sounds like a July baby to me

You might get more responses in Gestation Station--that's our pregnancy forum. Good luck!

What about you, Asshole?

wishing you eternal tomfoolery, goob
LucyLooLoo is offline   < Submit to Quotes Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2003, 11:54 AM   #4 (permalink)
Unsupportive Freeloader

saffronne has a purple thong snuggles the slim reaper
:
Banked :
Donate
I had 48 hours of ctx every 10 minutes at 40 weeks. When real labor kicked in it was only about 4 hours before the baby was out.

It could be your body is taking its sweet time getting prepped, and when your labor starts it'll be over with fast.

But really, you could hold where you are for weeks yet. You never know. But I bet you're not far from the real thing.
Good luck!
saffronne is offline   < Submit to Quotes Reply With Quote