Random things that bug you.... - Sybermoms Parenting Forum
The Main Event...all debate, all the time! WARNING: Anything posted in this forum is fair game for flame! If you are looking for support, take it to the support forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 64 (permalink) Old 07-12-2014, 01:32 PM Thread Starter
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

Random things that bug you....

I'm pretty introverted when I'm not working. I really, really, dislike overly chatty checkers. I'm good with the basic pleasantries "How are you? Find everything all right?", but I'm not happy with you wanting to know the details of how my weekend is going and asking the history of the items I'm buying. Click here to enlarge

I wish I could buy every.single.thing. online.

Click here to enlarge
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 64 (permalink) Old 07-12-2014, 02:38 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

I know exactly which checkers to avoid at our grocery for the exact same reasons.
post #3 of 64 (permalink) Old 07-12-2014, 02:46 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

I'm kind of over the strangers that share all of their health history in an elevator ride. Click here to enlarge
post #4 of 64 (permalink) Old 07-12-2014, 03:22 PM
Dog loves you!

I don't mind overly chatty checkers but I hate it when they make comments about what I'm buying.

This is my signature.
post #5 of 64 (permalink) Old 07-12-2014, 03:37 PM
Punk Kids - 12 Years Old & 7 Years Old

Send a message via Yahoo to PunkassPie
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Church Lady View Post
I don't mind overly chatty checkers but I hate it when they make comments about what I'm buying.
I think I agree with this. I posted before about how now I find myself talking to strangers when inside I'm like irritating myself? Well I'm used to it now but I think having them ask me details about every little thing I'm buying is so annoying. Earlier this week I bought stuff for the baby shower I went to and made cupcakes for:

C: Do you need a gift receipt for this?
Me: No
C: It's just because there is the gift bag and tissue
Me: Thanks
C: Ohhh, are you making a cake?
Me: Cupcakes
C: Even better! I find it so hard not to eat the batter!
Me: yeah
C: Oh I love this book (book for the baby)
Me: It's a good one
C: It's like a classic you know? I think I had it when I was a kid.
Me: (OMG!!)

It's not a feeling, it's a knowing.

Trippin

Diva ~
Quote:
I'll buck the trend, I don't think her kids are all that in the cute department. not all kids are cute. they have other attributes that make up for that, but look at tweedle's aiden, that is a cute kid. and your kids mel, those are adorable kids. Her's are average. I wouldn't take a second look passing her on the street.
post #6 of 64 (permalink) Old 07-12-2014, 04:05 PM
Worthless sack of shit
Hard-Core Sybermom

It must be rough when the cashier tried to do her job
post #7 of 64 (permalink) Old 07-12-2014, 04:43 PM
AMG
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

There's a cashier at my CVS that drives me bonkers Click here to enlarge She shrieks HI! HOW YOU DOIN' TODAY PRETTTY LADY!??!!! when you walk in the door. And she does. not. stop. talking. Click here to enlarge

I feel like saying look, woman, I'm here at 5:30 am buying 1/2 & 1/2 because we are out & I haven't had coffee yet and just Click here to enlarge

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
post #8 of 64 (permalink) Old 07-12-2014, 05:38 PM
CAM
I tried

I hate when people comment on what I'm buying. WOW YOU SURE DO LIKE BLUEBERRIES! Yes, yes I do. Now shut up. Click here to enlarge

CAM

There are two Americas - separate, unequal, and no longer even acknowledging each other except on the barest cultural terms. In the one nation, new millionaires are minted every day. In the other, human beings no longer necessary to our economy, to our society, are being devalued and destroyed. -- David Simon

I'm magically delicious!

I dated a Nestene duplicate once. Swappable head. Did keep things fresh. Right then! I have questions. But number one is this: What in the name of sanity have you got on your head?
post #9 of 64 (permalink) Old 07-12-2014, 05:49 PM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

Click here to enlarge Right? And then they're all, "Man. This is like the fourth time you've been here this week buying a huge bottle of booze!"

And I'm all, "YOU DON'T KNOW ME! Hurry up, I'm losing my buzz."
post #10 of 64 (permalink) Old 07-12-2014, 05:51 PM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

I don't mind a comment about the product as long as it's not about me. "The blueberries are really good this year" is fine. "You sure do like blueberries!" Is annoying.
post #11 of 64 (permalink) Old 07-12-2014, 06:42 PM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

I don't care about checkers but I feel like a jerk because when I'm getting my hair done, I have like, five minutes worth of conversation and then I just want to shut up and read a book Click here to enlarge

I talk to people all day, every day. I'm all talked out and excited for the opportunity to not talk for awhile.

General Immoral Fuckery
post #12 of 64 (permalink) Old 07-12-2014, 06:55 PM
CAM
I tried

I look forward to talking to my hairdresser. Click here to enlarge He's great. But we have long swathes of not talking while I read or whatever because it takes a long time to color and cut my hair.

CAM

There are two Americas - separate, unequal, and no longer even acknowledging each other except on the barest cultural terms. In the one nation, new millionaires are minted every day. In the other, human beings no longer necessary to our economy, to our society, are being devalued and destroyed. -- David Simon

I'm magically delicious!

I dated a Nestene duplicate once. Swappable head. Did keep things fresh. Right then! I have questions. But number one is this: What in the name of sanity have you got on your head?
post #13 of 64 (permalink) Old 07-12-2014, 06:57 PM
CAM
I tried

Just FYI for anyone going to Ireland ever you will have to spend 10 minutes talking to everyone you buy anything from. Click here to enlarge

CAM

I'm magically delicious!

post #14 of 64 (permalink) Old 07-12-2014, 07:17 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Y'all need to practice lack of eye contact and Resting Bitch Face.

Natural RBF allows me to shop in peace, but I am sure, with effort, it is a skill you could acquire if you are determined and try hard Click here to enlarge
post #15 of 64 (permalink) Old 07-12-2014, 07:22 PM Thread Starter
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

Quote:
Originally Posted by pewaukeemom View Post
It must be rough when the cashier tried to do her job
Stop trying to fit in you lameass, it's not working. Click here to enlarge
post #16 of 64 (permalink) Old 07-12-2014, 07:35 PM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

Quote:
Originally Posted by "Kate" is available View Post
Click here to enlarge Right? And then they're all, "Man. This is like the fourth time you've been here this week buying a huge bottle of booze!"

And I'm all, "YOU DON'T KNOW ME! Hurry up, I'm losing my buzz."
Right?! Or when they are all like, "have fun tonight! " as they bag your handle of Popov.

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Tapatalk

And Julie said "Futz", "Futz" said Julie.
"Futz around until my return."
The definition of "futz" was something we had yet to learn,
But we tried to do it anyway, anyway,
'Cause Julie, we'll do anything you say.

post #17 of 64 (permalink) Old 07-12-2014, 07:44 PM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

Send a message via AIM to mrs*skankypants
you know that place where everyone knows your name? that's my morning stop. the bagel shop.

i really would rather no one knows my name. really. but....

one day, i was standing outside, trying to figure out how to get the dog out of the driver's seat, when this guy comes by and just starts yelling, HI, HOW ARE YOU? WHAT A GREAT LOOKING DOG!!!!!!! YOU KNOW I HAD THIS DOG THAT WOULD NEVER GET OUT OF THE DRIVER'S SEAT TOO AND BLAHBLAHBLAHBLAH BLAH.

i had a throbbing headache when i got out of there.

listen, jerk! it's eight oclock in the morning, don't scream for fuck's sake, some people have permanent hangovers.

turns out he was the new owner of my regular bagel and coffee shop. and so guess what, there he is everrrrrrry morning, HI SKANKYPANTS HOW YOU DOING TODAY!! and everyone in the bagel shop turns around. jeebus. my hair's still wet. i may even have my shirt on backwards.

you should've seen him at his xmas party. i was greeted like i'd been in prison for twenty five years. OMG IT'S SKANKYPANTS! BACK FROM SOLITARY. (he'd had a little too much eggnog.)

anyway, that's my annoyed story. i love them, they're very sweet, but the volume, oy.

"The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears or the sea." ó Isak Dinesen

"We need to make books cool again. If you go home with somebody and they don't have books, don't fuck them." -John Waters

Be humble for you are made of earth. Be noble for you are made of stars- Serbian proverb
post #18 of 64 (permalink) Old 07-12-2014, 09:11 PM
G- 9, S- 5
Hard-Core Sybermom

Send a message via MSN to stains
Getting bugged/talked to right after I wake up
Dealing with anyone when I am hungry
People calling me ma'am or miss
post #19 of 64 (permalink) Old 07-12-2014, 09:40 PM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

I need coffee before I can talk to people. Click here to enlarge

Ma'am gets on my nerves, too. But I hate when people call me "Hon", "Sweetie", or "Darling." No. Just, no.

Hearing people chew makes me want to scream. Even if it is with their mouth closed. Click here to enlarge

post #20 of 64 (permalink) Old 07-13-2014, 05:40 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Reading posts about random things that bug people, and all the replies are by sheeple that are bugged by the same thing as the op. It wasn't a competition or a 'commiserate with me' post.

That's my random thing that bugs me. Go get your own pet peeve.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sybermoms Parenting Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Do NOT use an AOL email address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.