E Cigs? - Sybermoms Parenting Forum
Kickin Butts A forum for those who are trying to quit smoking and those who already have to provide support and encouragement.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-17-2011, 07:43 PM Thread Starter
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

E Cigs?

Has anyone here tried them? I tried chantix years ago and it made me a raving bitch, ready to kill anyone who crossed my path lol. So last time we bought our cigarettes, DH saw an E cig for 20 bucks, so he picked it up. I tried it, liked it and bought myself one.

Here is the deal. I know they still have nicotine so they aren't necessarily "safe" but they don't have the other crap that regular smokes do, so they have to be a bit better, right?

Anyway, we bought them last thursday. I wasn't sure how long the filter piece with the flavor would last, so of course I was still smoking regular cigs. I have smoked 3 packs in a week (and usually I can easily do a pack/pack and a half a day). Yesterday I had 2 regular cigarettes while my battery was charging (and they tasted horrible for the first puff or two-but then was able to smoke it with no problem), the night before I had a total of I think 5? And today, I have had none. I am smoking the E cig though. I bought some of the juice for it which is really cheap, much cheaper than smoking! I started out with a 24 mg of nicotine juice and now I am on 18 mg. Next ones I ordered to try are only going to be 12 mg. Basically weaning myself down. But my biggest issue is the habit of actually smoking-holding it, puffing, etc.

This ended up longer than I meant, sorry. But basically wanted to say I have dropped the level of nicotine, have not smoked nearly as much (and again, NONE today at all), and I feel better already. So I am truly hoping this helps me eventually quit smoking all together!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-20-2011, 12:57 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

I haven't tried them, but if it works for you that's great! Click here to enlarge
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-21-2011, 03:58 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

I've been wanting to try them. They have a stand at the mall here with them. Maybe I'll take a look when I get paid.
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-21-2011, 05:18 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

DH's co worker switched to them and still "smokes" one a day of whatever is the lowest they come in (DH's report to me). He had been smoking for 30 years I believe. He is totally smoke free.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-21-2011, 02:28 PM Thread Starter
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

Well I just received my 12 mg (started on 24, moved to 18 and tomorrow will be on 12). They also sent me a sample flavor in 8 mg Click here to enlarge I am trying to move down to 0 mg of nicotine. My biggest part is the habit of smoking-but as a kid I chewed my hair, fingernails, pen caps, then gum-until I found cigarettes. So I bet it will take quite a while to move away from the actual "smoking" part of it, but I figure if I get rid of the nicotine it is still better than nothing!

So in all actuality, I am still "smoking" but it is a vapor nicotine replacement. I haven't had an actual cigarette since the 2 I had last Wednesday. And DH has gone down on how much he smokes-was up to 2 packs a day and now a pack is lasting him 2 days!! That is awesome for him! I am very excited about them (and about all the freaking flavors you can order, my sample I got today is bubblegum! lol)
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-22-2011, 04:43 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

where did you get them?
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-22-2011, 12:58 PM Thread Starter
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

I bought the actual electronic cigarette at a smokeshop for 20 bucks. I buy the juices for it online, there are a ton of vendors and even more flavors to choose from!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sybermoms Parenting Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Do NOT use an AOL email address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in