If you want into the special needs forum? - Page 5 - Sybermoms Parenting Forum
Special needs Support, advice and information for parents and caregivers of all children with Special Needs.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #81 of 204 (permalink) Old 01-01-2005, 12:44 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Hi,
new here, but my almost 9 year old niece has autism, diagnosed at 2 years. I am a teacher, and have been very actively involved in her ABA program, and the crap that my sister has had to go through with the schools around here.

My daughter just turned 4, and its hard to even type this, but i have some concerns about her, no diagnosis, just some things that really scare me. I'm having a behavioral therapist come to her preschool later this week and see what she has to say. She may very well say that i am insane, which would make me happy as can be.

Thanks in advance if i can be added.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #82 of 204 (permalink) Old 01-06-2005, 09:14 PM
ShellyAnn
Ambulance Chaser

HI I now I am not even close I just joined but I have a daughter with ADHD and we also just adopted a child that was born addicted to crystal meth and pot in his systom
post #83 of 204 (permalink) Old 01-13-2005, 07:28 PM
Deb
Unsupportive Freeloader

I have a severly depressed 11 yr old.

Have room for one more?
post #84 of 204 (permalink) Old 01-14-2005, 08:01 PM
Ambulance Chaser

Hi. I am new here, but I have a lot going on with my 9 y/o step-son. He was recently diagnosed with ADHD-high complexity, with OCD. He has been abused by his biological mother's boyfriend(my dh and I now have full custody). There are a lot more problems, but I can't even get into the bulk of it right now. I just know that I could really use some support/information from those moms that are going through something similar.
post #85 of 204 (permalink) Old 01-17-2005, 02:08 PM
Taz
Ambulance Chaser

I have had no formal diagnosis, but I have concerns that my 9yo is exhibiting signs of add/adhd. I have worried about this for a while, and things seem to be getting worse instead of better. I don't have the required # of posts, but would love access to the forum so I could learn more from those who have been there.
post #86 of 204 (permalink) Old 01-25-2005, 01:03 PM
Duskelainsmama
Ambulance Chaser

My son has ADHD with tourettes, a learning disability and is 14! I really need some back up and information with dealing with this hormonal man-boy...may I have access and if not...what time is the next happy hour around here!

Thanks Brenda
post #87 of 204 (permalink) Old 01-31-2005, 09:18 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

I would like to join....
My ds is hypotonic and is still crawling at 2 years old. He also has enlarged ventricles in his brain.
post #88 of 204 (permalink) Old 02-04-2005, 03:24 PM
Joanne5TKSZS
Ambulance Chaser

Unhappy Please let me join

[Ji my sister sent me here. Maggie. My son was finally diagnosed with severe autism. I am also getting treattment for PPD. My husband is tired of hearing me complain and vent so I figured it would be nice to be able to have some real support. Thanks Joanne COLOR=indigo]
post #89 of 204 (permalink) Old 02-04-2005, 04:46 PM
Zea
Just plain fun, lots of it tongue planted firmly in cheek. Recommended for Harry Potter fans especially. :love
Hard-Core Sybermom

DuskelainsClick here to enlarge, e-mail me if you need any info. on Tourette's, I've got tons of stuff bookmarked. My son is 8 and has TS/OCD/ADHD. Not looking forward to the hormones and adolescence, too. Click here to enlarge
post #90 of 204 (permalink) Old 03-02-2005, 03:01 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

?? I just joined, so I don't know exactly how this board works, but I am assuming that there is another special needs support forum besides the one I am looking at that you have to receive permission to post at. If so, I would like to join even though I don't meet the requirements. I have a 5 y.o. son with speech delays and sensory issues and a 21 m.o. daughter with oh geez the list could go on and on, to put it basically, she has global dev. delays, a questionable diagnosis of CP and a suspected genetic syndrome. I can answer any question you have if you feel like e-mailing me at tiffindy@aol.com. Thanks (oh yeah and if you could explain how the private forum works that would be great too)
post #91 of 204 (permalink) Old 03-17-2005, 11:31 AM
ivanna_b_spanked
Ambulance Chaser

I would love to join. My ds has Tourette's.
post #92 of 204 (permalink) Old 03-21-2005, 11:41 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Can I join? My 6 yo was just diagnosed with severe anxiety and extreme giftedness. There's a combination. All of the things he wants to learn, in detail, make him more anxious. Click here to enlarge Click here to enlarge
post #93 of 204 (permalink) Old 03-23-2005, 03:51 PM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

I PMed the other day and am waiting for a response.Click here to enlarge

Danskos and Sorel boots for sale:
https://www.sybermoms.com/forums/show...17#post9865717
post #94 of 204 (permalink) Old 03-24-2005, 05:05 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

I've asked pudin to add tampucu, ivanna_b_spanked, 47 and Plucky. If you aren't in within a few days, please post back here.
post #95 of 204 (permalink) Old 03-24-2005, 09:20 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Hi, I'm looking to get in to read/discuss possible UNdiagnosed adhd/bipolar issues for ds. I discussed this in a thread on the ME and was directed here. If it's not appropriate for me to be here, just pm me and let me know. I'm comfortable posting about it on the support forum instead if that's better.
post #96 of 204 (permalink) Old 03-24-2005, 09:57 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

9 year old ds with ADD, GAD, and possible BPD. Stressed to my max, never know if I'm doing the right thing, feel like a shitty parent and nearly on verge of tears as I type this. Can I come in, please?
post #97 of 204 (permalink) Old 03-24-2005, 10:56 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

All in. Click here to enlarge
post #98 of 204 (permalink) Old 04-03-2005, 04:48 PM
CanadianMade
Ambulance Chaser

Ack - sorry!

I started a new thread and then noticed after the fact that we're supposed to post here b/f sending anything to the group. My apologies.

I'm Margo and I've got two children at the moment. My older, 4.5 yo, has autism with a lot of sensory issues. His development is at about 2.5 - 3 years old.

My daughter, almost 18 months, has a cranial-facial defect and although it doesn't cause this, doctors have mentioned that many times kid with the defect she has (her forehead plates fused b/f she was born; she'll have it surgically repaired when she's around 2) end up having learning disabilities or ADD/ADHD. So we could end up with our hands full, especially since we're hopefully not done having kids.

Both children have had a heart defect repaired and Liam had eye surgery recently (foreign object removal) so after the fall, both children wil have had two surgeries each.

I started a new thread about my son and how he's perceived by the general public. Perhaps the moderator can remove my post and I'll repost once I've been given permission. Or perhaps you can just realize that I'm a sleep deprived mother who was keen to post and did her "read this first" reading afterwards totally by accident! Hope I'll be welcome here despite the blunder.

Click here to enlarge
post #99 of 204 (permalink) Old 04-05-2005, 01:54 PM
MoreCowbell
Ambulance Chaser

Can I please be let in? My child hasn't received any specific diagnosis, but is hyperactive/very difficult to handle and I have questions. Click here to enlarge
post #100 of 204 (permalink) Old 04-09-2005, 03:26 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

I'd like to be let in, too. My ds1 had adhd, and my ds2 has some speech problems and possibly adhd too .
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sybermoms Parenting Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Do NOT use an AOL email address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in