Scary news about my neighbor - Page 2 - Sybermoms Parenting Forum
More Support Than Your 18-Hour Bra Stunned friends? Illness in the family? DH grating on your last nerve? Whatever has you overwhelmed, come on in for more support than an 18-hour bra can give you!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-02-2004, 07:50 PM Thread Starter
Unsupportive Freeloader

Instead of starting a whole new thread, I thought I would just add onto this one.

We have an alarm now that I keep on all of the time until I just feel "safer". Her dh is home now because the charges were dropped. This does help me to feel safer as well. I don't think that she will come over and hurt ds and I, but you never know what a crack addict will do.

That being said, I lock ALL of the doors, including the door from the garage leading to the outside. Does that make sense? This is mostly because of the posessions that we have in the garage and my truck.

Instead of dh trying to help me through some paranoia he is belittling (sp) me about it. His words are "overboard, overreacting, and paranoid" because I want to keep that door locked. Basically it is an inconvenience to him. So? I think it is a small price to pay for me to feel safe.

What do you think?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-03-2004, 02:58 AM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

I think that you are doing everything right. Apparently your DH has never had to deal with a tweaked out person who will do anything for some money, including breaking into a house and stealing others' posessions.

Ignore him, he'll be happy if the alarm does catch the lady trying to break it. You can't trust those types so long as they continue to do the drugs. Keep your family safe.

General Immoral Fuckery
post #23 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-03-2004, 09:23 AM
mab
What kind of clothes do you suppose would be worn by a man with a mole on his nose?
Hard-Core Sybermom

I think that your husband is either totally naive about what crack addiction, is or he is in denial. Or incredibly lazy. Which I doubt.

Do you know any cops, people in recovery, addiction counselors, etc., who could school him a little? It is worth it, IMO, considering what addicts are capable of.

Find me on facebook - KHW.
post #24 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-07-2004, 03:45 PM
TrailerTrash
Ambulance Chaser

Quote:
Originally posted by EvilBadScary-Ish
Keep your family away from this woman. My mom is an addict, and she'll do anything, including selling my brothers' possesions as well as herself and anything she can get her hands on for the stuff. They only get worse. Stay the hell away from it.
Click here to enlarge unfortunately.

I have a family member like this, and they will do anything to anyone for a rock. Click here to enlarge It is sad and unfortunate for her kids and family, but you have to protect YOUR family. Good luck.
post #25 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-07-2004, 03:52 PM
TrailerTrash
Ambulance Chaser

Sorry I just saw your last post.

I agree with Mab, I dont think he understands what that drug addiction can do to a person. My father was always a good, hard-working man. Even though he and my mother were divorced, he paid his child support faithfully, and I saw him regularly.

About 4 years ago he met this woman (and Im not placing ALL the blame on her, but a good bit) who was very into methamphetamine. To make a long story short, my father became an addict, lost his rights to visit my brother (who is only 11) and lost his job of 15 years that he was going to retire from. Click here to enlarge He also lost my respect, and the right to know his grandchildren. Click here to enlarge

Drug addiction is very serious. Please keep your family away from her.

Im glad you have an alarm and keep your doors locked. Click here to enlarge
post #26 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-09-2004, 12:51 PM
It's only me
Ambulance Chaser

Eeeps,,that is scarey. Makes me wonder what my neighbors do now,,lol
post #27 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-15-2004, 12:24 PM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

Quote:
Originally posted by mab
I am so sorry for your loss of friend, and sorry for her as well. But there is no predicting how crack addicts are going to behave and your home/family could be at risk if she gets desperate.

Take care of yourself.
Click here to enlarge

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sybermoms Parenting Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Do NOT use an AOL email address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in