Feeling a bit down...... - Sybermoms Parenting Forum
More Support Than Your 18-Hour Bra Stunned friends? Illness in the family? DH grating on your last nerve? Whatever has you overwhelmed, come on in for more support than an 18-hour bra can give you!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-30-2002, 09:37 AM Thread Starter
Unsupportive Freeloader

Feeling a bit down......

Ok, I know this is totally dumb to feel sorry for myself about this, but it's how I feel for the moment.

We aren't going to have a baby shower. Well, there is no one to throw one. lol. It just is kind of sad. We didn't get a baby shower with Jo either. Not that we NEED alot of baby stuff. I mean, we cloth diaper, and that is the biggets expense for babies. BM is free. It would just be nice to be thought of by someone just once. Hopefully by sellin goff the free cases of formula that the companies send me on ebay, I will be able to get some nursing shirts and stuff. Ugh, it's just kind of annoying.

THanks for listening to me WHIIIIIINE. lol. I am sure I will get over it in a couple days.

magic
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-30-2002, 12:47 PM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

I dont know if this would be thought of a tacky, but what about throwing a "Welcoming party" for your new baby? Not necessarily a baby shower, but just a celebration to welcome your new baby. Have some good friends over (men and women so it doesnt seem like its a shower) and some yummy food.. and you can show off your sweet newborn. Then you wouldnt get a whole bunch of un-needed baby stuff but you could at least feel happy by having a party Click here to enlarge
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-30-2002, 04:14 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

*starts passing out clothes pins*

How 'bout a syber shower?
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-30-2002, 05:27 PM Thread Starter
Unsupportive Freeloader

Oh goodness, I think no shower would be better than a syber shower. LOL. I'd probably get sea sponges and douche. Click here to enlarge

It just gets me down a little bit. Not a big stinkin deal, of course. Glad I am having another girl though. Click here to enlarge That makes thing MUCH easier.

Magic
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-01-2002, 10:03 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Magic, no shower is better then a flop shower!

With my first my wonderful friends that planned and hosted it (and spent a ton doing so) had invited I am guessing around 25 or so guests.

Damn near everyone that planned to attend cancelled last minute. They all sent their gifts with the 4 people that actually showed up.

Very depressing to a 9 month pregger!

They tried to throw me one with my second... thanks I'll pass. Click here to enlarge

I like the "welcome baby" party idea. Unless you are a baby germ phobe, in which case, your screwed. Click here to enlarge
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-01-2002, 03:56 PM Thread Starter
Unsupportive Freeloader

Milky, I totally can understand the party diss. My daughters first birthday party, I did everything. Made a cake and sent invites and make pizzas and decorated. I was sooo excited for her.

NO ONE CAME. no one. I was so incredibly upset. ugh.

I think I will run the welcome the baby idea my dh. I don't know if I would be comfy doing that though. It just feels kind of like fishing for gifts.

Thanks for the support. (((((hugs))))) heehee

Magic
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-02-2002, 04:17 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Send a message via Yahoo to Revvie
Have a blessingway. Write ritual chants and burn them in your carefully-culled new wood, to symbolize your dreams and wishes for this new one.

Make a cast of your belly. And twat. In front of co-ed party guests.

Amuse everyone by playing "Pin the Flannel Ass Wipe on the Asshole".

Accept all gifts ungraciously and speculate out loud what you think they'll go for on eBay.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-03-2002, 05:32 AM
tomvsgirl
Ambulance Chaser

BWAHAHAHAHA @ revolutionmom!

I didn't have a shower with our first two, because I didn't know anyone. I think it felt really bad because I had this idea in my head of what was supposed to happen. But with our latest the strangest thing happened, they had one for DH at work. They had me come in for it.

I feel for you girl. Whine all u want!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sybermoms Parenting Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Do NOT use an AOL email address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in