I'm really sad. - Sybermoms Parenting Forum
More Support Than Your 18-Hour Bra Stunned friends? Illness in the family? DH grating on your last nerve? Whatever has you overwhelmed, come on in for more support than an 18-hour bra can give you!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-26-2004, 12:50 AM Thread Starter
Ambulance Chaser

I'm really sad.

My internet friend, Rhubarb (Janet) whom I have 'known' for almost eight years, died yesterday. Not long ago I provided a link to her auctions at Ebay as she was trying to raise money for her family.

I feel really down because I didn't do enough for her. I don't need reassurance - I understand my limitations. It's just that she was there and now she's not and although we've spoken on the phone, we really didn't get to cross that line into RL friendship to the degree that I would have liked. So I guess I'm regretting my inactivity on many levels.

Please say a prayer for her family.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-26-2004, 06:34 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Done-for her family and you too.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-26-2004, 04:58 PM
sweetswami
Ambulance Chaser

I'm really sorry, but try not to feel bad. She wouldn't want you to live your life regretting what you could have done, she would want you to remember all the happy times you shared. Prayers for her family, and for your peace of mind!
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-27-2004, 07:44 AM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

Send a message via Yahoo to Harlot
Oh wow. Click here to enlarge More prayers for her family and you.

I never thought I could...
Steady feet, don't fail me now

I don't remember what day this is without coffee, but it's a day and it's going.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-28-2004, 12:12 AM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

I've been very sad about it too, L. Rhu was a really nice person and I wish I had known her better. I wish I had done more for them.

Rhu was a fighter, a great mom, and a truly kind person. She touched many lives over the past 8 (god, I can't believe it's 8) years or more.

I kept hoping she'd find a miracle. I fucking hate cancer.

Praise Xenu!
Kick ass art.

"I was just arguing global warming again this past week with someone. She watched Gore's POS movie and believes every freckin' work of it. I told her that he can't even get the hurricane on the cover to spin the right way, and that's just the START of the problems with that movie. Needless to say the conversation with her went downhill from there." -- a meteorologist friend

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sybermoms Parenting Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Do NOT use an AOL email address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in