Getting scared - Sybermoms Parenting Forum
More Support Than Your 18-Hour Bra Stunned friends? Illness in the family? DH grating on your last nerve? Whatever has you overwhelmed, come on in for more support than an 18-hour bra can give you!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-27-2004, 12:57 AM Thread Starter
Unsupportive Freeloader

Getting scared

Over the summer, I went to a post office that I normally don't frequent and ran into a guy I went to school with. We talked about what had been going on with us, marriages, kids, work, etc. I never gave it another thought until he called me one day at work. I explained again that I was happily married with two kids and thought that was that.

Fast forward a month or so later when he started calling my cell phone. My assumption is that he called work and they gave him the number. I was getting calls with messages at all hours of the night. I got the number changed, but managed to get ahold of it again. I again explained to leave me the hell alone, in no uncertain terms. I hadn't heard anything from him, so I went about my life assuming he got the message.

Yesterday morning my home phone rang and it was him. I answered and gave him hell. Tonight at 11:30, he called again. I was asleep at that the time and he didn't leave a message.

I know I should have told dh long ago, but I never dreamed that he wouldn't get the hint. Dh is getting a job through the state that will require he be away for at least 8 months, home on weekends, and my worry is that he won't take the job because he'll be concerned about us. This freak now knows where I live.

I am scared...scared for my children, my husband. I don't know what to do. I will get a restraining order, but they are only as good as the paper they are written on and it's apparent that this guy could give a shit.

If you'd made it this far, thanks for listening. I just needed to get this out somewhere.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-27-2004, 01:22 AM
Ambulance Chaser

Please be careful.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-27-2004, 06:42 AM
Gumnutza
Ambulance Chaser

Have you told your dh yet?
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-27-2004, 06:43 AM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

Send a message via Yahoo to Harlot
Wow, I don't know what to say. Do you have stalking laws? Can you let your work know the situation and ask that they not give out your number?

I never thought I could...
Steady feet, don't fail me now

I don't remember what day this is without coffee, but it's a day and it's going.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-27-2004, 07:00 AM Thread Starter
Unsupportive Freeloader

No, I haven't told dh yet. He's still asleep and I'd like to wait until the kids are in bed tonight. I'm sure he's going to very upset. Upset I didn't tell him from the beginning and upset because of the situation.

I will be posting a note Monday at work asking that they not give out my cell phone number. My home phone would have been easily accessible through the phone book or the internet. I will be having that changed and unlisted right after I tell dh.

As for stalking laws, I would assume there has to be something and will be calling the police department today for more information. From the messages that he leaves, you can tell that he has built up something in his mind that isn't there. It's fucking freaky and almost seems like he has convinced himself that we have some sort of relationship.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-27-2004, 08:45 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

maybe your Dh can say something to him once you tell him.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-28-2004, 03:00 PM
Ambulance Chaser

How scary. Stay safe.

I would let your dh answer the phone the next time he calls.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-01-2004, 12:30 PM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

Location: Attending this week's secret breastfeeding propaganda meeting

Talk to the police and keep a journal noting down everything he says to you, times he calls, etc. When he does call, don't scream at him, and just hang up without saying anything if you can stand it.

T-shirts for all occasions. Even Canadian Thanksgiving.

www.ltrny.com
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-03-2004, 01:36 AM
Ambulance Chaser

Ditto what Anastasia said with contacting the police and keeping a record of all calls - maybe keep tapes of messages if he leaves any and please tell DH. You have to protect yourself and your family. Unfortunatly there are too many freaks in the world.

Take care...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sybermoms Parenting Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Do NOT use an AOL email address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in