we went to Delaware for the sentencing hearing and he got...... - Sybermoms Parenting Forum
More Support Than Your 18-Hour Bra Stunned friends? Illness in the family? DH grating on your last nerve? Whatever has you overwhelmed, come on in for more support than an 18-hour bra can give you!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-29-2005, 04:55 AM
loo
Ambulance Chaser

we went to Delaware for the sentencing hearing and he got......

32 Years.

We got to court and our case was heard second. The first heard after it was done, they handcuffed the guy and slowly led him out of the court room.

Scott was lead into the court room and they made him sit down at the defendant's table and positioned 3 guards between him and Amber as she was up at the podium about to read her statement. 4 more guards stepped forth once she started reading it and it became too much for me to handle and I broke down. Why they did that I don't know.

I cried through it all. It was graphic. He shook his head denying some things, and other things he just sat there.

When they led him up to the podium he came around and our eyes locked. I'm not sure what was on my face but it wasn't love nor was it pitty. I could feel how hot it was so I know it had to be a drop dead look.
As soon as our eyes locked his eyes immediately fell to the floor. His head drooped and he never looked at me again. I so willed him to look at me. Especially after he glared at Amber.

When he was at the podium 2 armed guards stood behind him and the baliff.

The baliff brought me a box of tissues and had a look of compassion on his face.

The looks on the guards faces went from being stoic to extremely pissed and glaring.

The atty's gave their speeches.

Scott's atty said that he informed him that what he did had indeed scared Amber for life and that she was now a victim for life and that Scott infact understands this.
That Scott is a sick man and needs help. Scott was abused as a child. He thinks Sexually by his adoptive Mother.. *BULL!*

Then the Atty General gave his excellant and very informative piece that Amber left out of her statement.
He mentioned Texas. That she brought up that when she was 12 she could remember details, clothing, smells, what she was doing and how he was acting.. etc..etc..

Then, the judge turned to Scott. She asked him if he had anything he wanted to say.

He stepped forward. This man. The man that I knew as strong willed, strong steady voice .. he was weak.. he could barely talk. He said, "I'm sorry. I know sorry doesn't begin to take back what I've done to the person I love. I didn't mean to hurt her. I didn't mean to hurt my wife or our other two children."

The judge sits back in her chair.

She said, "You are the worst kind of the predators. You preyed on this girl. Making her life a living nightmare. You had plenty of time to stop what you were doing but you did not. You continued what you were doing from day to day. (at this point she's crying) So, I will give you MORE than the minium sentence required..

She goes down the list.

10 years for 1st count of rape 4. 5 years taken off 5 years mandatory
10 years for 2nd count of rape 4. 5 years taken off 5 years mandatory.
10 years for the count of rape 3. 5 years taken off 5 years mandatory.
15 years mandatory for the count of Continual sex with a child. And she was a child. She is a child. She's blossomed into a beautiful young woman.
2 years mandatory for contacting Amber via Mail.

She gets up and storms out of the court room to regain her composure ..

Amber and I are stumped and looking at one another..

The guards rush Scott and push him out the door.

They don't shackle him they just shove him out..

This is it..

A part of our life put behind us.

He has no appeal. He waived this right at the trial. all 32 years have to be served. At a later date he could challenge his time, but he'll lose..

Delaware has no parole. No time off for good behavior. What you see is what you get.

Last edited by PunkassPie; 01-30-2005 at 11:29 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-29-2005, 05:58 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

I am crying tears for you and your family. I am so very happy that part of this is done and soon to be completely behind you. 32 years is a good long time, not long enough I am sure but its a long time. Thank you for posting an update. I sincerely hope your dd comes through this shining and her future isnt marred by this horrific time in her life.
I dont know you and you dont know me, but from one sexual abuse survivor to another; please give your dd a hug and let her know that she will get past this eventually.
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-29-2005, 11:39 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Send a message via Yahoo to Lady Haldol
I'm breaking inside for what you and your daughter has gone through. But I am happy that he received the sentences he did and that you all can move on without him bothering you or interfering with your lives. No where long enough I think, but its a long time for him to sit and rot.

And just like gstring, from one to another, give your daughter a great big hug and tell her how proud of her I am. I hope she can move on and live a life that she has always dreamed of.

Thank you for the update and if you need anything more you know where to find us.
post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-29-2005, 02:15 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

That must have been such a hard experience for you. I'm so proud of your dd though. I'm glad your state takes such a hard stance on child abuse, that's not the case here unfortunately.
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-29-2005, 04:58 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

I am crying for your daughter but I am cheering for that judge.
Your strength and your daughters strength is astounding and I am so happy, no thrilled JUSTICE prevailed.
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-30-2005, 12:39 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

I'm so happy for the result, and the fact that there's no parole for such a horrible crime. Praying for you and your dd-you're people to be proud of!!!
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-30-2005, 03:55 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Thank you so much for the update.
I was very afraid that he would find a way to plea bargain out of serving time leaving him free to harrass and victimize you and your children farther.

The number of guards stepping up was a show of support for your daughter, a visual reminder of her safety as she testified. Something very similar happened when a friend of mine read her victim impact statement in a date rape case.
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-30-2005, 07:55 PM
Gumnutza
Ambulance Chaser

You have an amazing little girl there. Much Click here to enlarge and peace may you all know now that this part of it is over.
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-31-2005, 07:39 AM
Heels
Ambulance Chaser

I hope this is a big step in the healing process.

I hope you and your children are well and continue to heal.
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-31-2005, 07:23 PM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

It sounds like our hearing, Loo. I'm so glad the fucker got a lengthy sentence.

Give Amber my love. Click here to enlarge

Praise Xenu!
Kick ass art.

"I was just arguing global warming again this past week with someone. She watched Gore's POS movie and believes every freckin' work of it. I told her that he can't even get the hurricane on the cover to spin the right way, and that's just the START of the problems with that movie. Needless to say the conversation with her went downhill from there." -- a meteorologist friend
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-31-2005, 07:47 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Hopefully now that this is over you and your DD's will be able to begin your healing.

Thinking of you and your children, and wishing you all the very best.
post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-01-2005, 09:46 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

I am so glad that he is going to be locked up for ht next three decades. I hope that you all may find peace and a enjoy the best that the world has to offer. Click here to enlarge
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-02-2005, 09:19 AM
SourMilk
Ambulance Chaser

Wow. Thank God he is behind bars. Click here to enlarge

Now, I only hope you all can take some time to rebuild yourselves. I'm sure you all are pretty beaten down Click here to enlarge
post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-02-2005, 03:57 PM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

When do the Texas and Tennessee trials begin, Loo?

Praise Xenu!
Kick ass art.

"I was just arguing global warming again this past week with someone. She watched Gore's POS movie and believes every freckin' work of it. I told her that he can't even get the hurricane on the cover to spin the right way, and that's just the START of the problems with that movie. Needless to say the conversation with her went downhill from there." -- a meteorologist friend
post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-03-2005, 03:23 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Good luck to you. I wish like hell that had never happened to your family. I hope you and your daughter have a wonderful life from here on out.
post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-05-2005, 03:42 AM
Ambulance Chaser

Oh thank God, there is some justice, sometimes.

I hope you are able to find strength in this. You all have been through so much. Click here to enlarge
post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-10-2005, 04:00 PM
loo
Ambulance Chaser

Tennessee will not go after due to the 33 year sentence.

Amber can only recall one year here and the oral sex that took place.. *that's enough for me*

Texas may not go after him now. The D.A. said resources are an issue, but that Scott was indeed a wanted man in Texas. WTF ever that means.
post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-11-2005, 09:00 PM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

Mark is appealing his sentence and has been denied appeal once already. He's now required to serve all 16y before going before the parole board due to a recent law. I will be at the hearing, if necessary. Click here to enlarge

Praise Xenu!
Kick ass art.

post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-16-2005, 05:34 AM
loo
Ambulance Chaser

Scott cannot appeal his sentence. He gave up that option when he plead guilty and to a speedy trial.
post #20 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-18-2005, 06:55 AM
OldBlue
Ambulance Chaser

I'm glad he got 32 years. He deserves it. Many prayers for your dd healing process. I would love to have the sort of "closure" she had but the person who attacked me will never go to trial. Click here to enlarge She's a brave girl

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sybermoms Parenting Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Do NOT use an AOL email address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in