Going on 43 minutes... - Sybermoms Parenting Forum
More Support Than Your 18-Hour Bra Stunned friends? Illness in the family? DH grating on your last nerve? Whatever has you overwhelmed, come on in for more support than an 18-hour bra can give you!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-04-2005, 08:04 PM Thread Starter
Unsupportive Freeloader

Going on 43 minutes...

of a temper tantrum. My daughter is making me nuts. Lately she has decided that if she will throw a tantrum and cry endlessly to get what she wants. She's been crying for 43 minutes so far. It is making me INSANE but I swear I'm not giving her that book. We already read the book and it is now bedtime.

Click here to enlarge Click here to enlarge Click here to enlarge
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-04-2005, 08:58 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

I feel your pain. My youngest is a screecher. She will throw herself around like a little exorcism victim and SCREECH at the top of her ;lungs for close to an hour. And we live in an older stacked townhome complex with piss poor sound proofing.

I feel your pain.

Hang in there. She has to stop soon right?
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-04-2005, 08:59 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Um, possesion victim, not exorcism. Doh.
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-04-2005, 09:32 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

It's hard not to give in when screaming ensues. You are a stronger woman that I have been. I hope it ends soon.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-05-2005, 09:38 AM Thread Starter
Unsupportive Freeloader

56 minutes. That how long it lasted. When she finally stopped, I asked her why she was crying. She couldn't even remember. Please tell me the entire year of age 4 isn't going to be like this!!

But on a serious note, I am beginning to get concerned at the frequency and depth of her tantrums. She gets to the point where she's not even "here" anymore, if that makes sense. She sort of glazes over and resorts to this moaning, whiney sound that finds the last good nerve I have. What's the deal with that?? I'd been told that because she was preemie and also had some speech issues that I should be on the lookout for other mental and physical issues. Is this something I should bring up to her ped?
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-18-2005, 09:14 PM
Ambulance Chaser

Sensory issues are very comon with preemies. I would mention it to your ped. There are sensory checklists you can fill out and they can determine if there is an issue. Usually copensatory measures are helpful with sensory issues, they can find out if there are specific issues and how minor changes can help.
DD is a preemie, also 4, and we are dealing with a little of this.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-18-2005, 09:15 PM
Ambulance Chaser

**Compensatory**
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-20-2005, 02:09 PM
Sulphur Crested Cockatoo
Hard-Core Sybermom

My daughter does this also. Her longest one was 2 1/2 hours. All because I didn't get her a sticker book at the dollar store. It was right before she turned 4. My son and I figured that someone would call the police thinking that she was being beaten. She screamed so long in her room that she made herself puke, and then kept going. We had her to see a behaviorist/phsychologist after that, and they told us that she didn't have ODD, but was just more bossy, persistant and dominating than 97% of the other little girls her age. She hasn't had another episode that bad recently, but has thrown a few that last close to an hour. The psych said that she would grow out of it and to keep on being consistent.

I was the kid next door's imaginary friend.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sybermoms Parenting Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Do NOT use an AOL email address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in