tiddlywink - Sybermoms Parenting Forum
More Support Than Your 18-Hour Bra Stunned friends? Illness in the family? DH grating on your last nerve? Whatever has you overwhelmed, come on in for more support than an 18-hour bra can give you!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-06-2006, 10:59 PM Thread Starter
Unsupportive Freeloader

tiddlywink

Hey! Click here to enlarge

I just checked your Team in Training site again. WooHoo! You've made some serious progress toward your goal. Great job. How about an update on the training? Do you feel ready? You know I'm rooting for you! Click here to enlarge
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-08-2006, 07:21 AM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

Thank you!!
Training is going great. I have had a long season to get ready for a half-marathon - which is something I needed because I was quite out of shape.
I am comfortably running 10 miles every Saturday. I run about 5 miles on Tuesdays, 6 miles on Thursdays and I crosstrain on Mon, Wed, and Fri.

I can't begin to describe my emotions about all of the remarkable families I have met along the way - some are basking in the light of being 'cured', or at least in remission. Some are in the depths of treatment, and others are still dealing with the shock of a loss of a loved one. I truly can't put into words how moved I am by the strength of all of the families - I think of you and Josh often - practically every run I go on.

Next weekend, the 17th, there is a run called Luke's Run in Campbell Park up here in Campbell. It is a short run (including a mini-run for kids) to celebrate the life of Luke Yden, who passed about 4 yrs ago. There will be a huge group of Leukemia-Lymphoma Society folks there. If you and your family are at all interested in coming, please do so, or even let me know and we could meet.

At the end of all of this, and when my little one starts preschool in a year or so, I plan on going to work for the Leukemia Society. I just feel so touched by the cause.

Thinking of you, Josh, and your whole family,
tiddlywink

800 miles in 2015
336/800
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-08-2006, 10:04 AM Thread Starter
Unsupportive Freeloader

Comfortably running 10 miles every Saturday?!! WOW! Impressive. How long is the 1/2 marathon?

I will have to mention the run next weekend to DH, and see if we can make it. (Of course it also depends on Josh's counts at the time-he's due for more chemo next week) It would be so cool to meet you. I will definately let you know.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sybermoms Parenting Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Do NOT use an AOL email address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in