I'm just so sad/miserable/tired/lonely - Sybermoms Parenting Forum
More Support Than Your 18-Hour Bra Stunned friends? Illness in the family? DH grating on your last nerve? Whatever has you overwhelmed, come on in for more support than an 18-hour bra can give you!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-15-2006, 09:03 AM Thread Starter
Unsupportive Freeloader

Unhappy I'm just so sad/miserable/tired/lonely

I'm just really not it a good place at all right now. I have two wonderful little boys and a great job, but given the choice, I would rather stay in bed all day every day and just veg out. I have no energy and I feel like I could cry for weeks and weeks, but I never let myself have that time. I have to work and be a mother to my little boys (4 1/2 and 13 months) and keep our household functioning.

I'm so tired. So very, very tired.

I wonder about depression. Is this what it feels like? I think it would be totally reasonable to be depressed. Dickhead Husband left 1 year ago, when the baby was six weeks old. It's been a long year, needless to say. We still haven't resolved the whole divorce process and it's eating at me. I just want everything done and overwith so I can move on, in whatever shape that will take. But that is a very scary prospect at the same time.

I love my boys more than anything in this world and wouldn't change our situation, but it is very hard.

I know I'm rambling, but I just don't know what's wrong with me. I'm pooped.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-15-2006, 09:38 AM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

Send a message via Yahoo to Harlot
Click here to enlarge I'm so sorry. You really should call you doctor though. I'm worried about you.

I never thought I could...
Steady feet, don't fail me now

I don't remember what day this is without coffee, but it's a day and it's going.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-15-2006, 10:33 AM
AMG
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

You do need someone objective to talk to, someone with no emotional connection whatsoever to what you are dealing with. Which is a LOT and it is completely understandable that your are totally stressed and tired of the whole damn thing. Click here to enlarge
post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-16-2006, 11:09 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Click here to enlarge I'm so sorry you are going through this. I do agree that a call to the doc is in order, to consider antidepressants (and a good physical, if you haven't had one recently), as well as checking out a counselor to see they can help you find ways to get through this time.

Much Click here to enlarge to you.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-16-2006, 01:52 PM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

Send a message via Yahoo to Noodle
I'm sorry you are feeling this way. ITA you should see your doctor. Depression can certainly make you feel the way you are describing. It could also be something else, like a thyroid problem, or a vitamin deficiency. Are you eating ok?

post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-17-2006, 07:49 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

You have a lot on your plate. Click here to enlarge It can all overwhelm you at times. I sometimes don't want to move and even though I should clean I don't have the energy. I agree with everyone else. Go see a counsler or a md. Depression is hard on you, your body, and the kids.

Click here to enlarge to you
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-17-2006, 08:36 AM
MIZ
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

Click here to enlarge You have a tremendous amount on your plate. I remember reading when he left you when your baby was only a few weeks old. I couldn't imagineClick here to enlarge and I was amazed by your strength, calm and determination.

I'm sure the long, drawn-out process has taken a toll; and like everyone else said, a therapist could help you sort things out and maybe even medication could get you through this really rough patch. I've done the meds route and I have to say, they really do help take the edge off and make life more bearable for a while.

Click here to enlarge
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-20-2006, 07:11 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

I'm so sorry you are feeling this way. Definitely see a doctor. You may also have something physically wrong causing/making worse how you feel. When I felt just as you are describing, my thyroid was completely out of whack.

Hope you find something that helps.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-21-2006, 02:34 AM
LIKE A BOSS
Hard-Core Sybermom

Yes, depression feels that way. You deserve to have time to "grieve" the loss of your marriage. Aside of getting to a doctor to talk to, do you have any time alone? Can you get out with a friend for some fun and possibly give her a wet shoulder while you let it all hang out?
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-21-2006, 04:27 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Click here to enlarge with the suggestions aboveClick here to enlarge
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-21-2006, 09:38 PM Thread Starter
Unsupportive Freeloader

Thanks everyone. I have a dr. appt on Tuesday, so I'll chat with my doc then.

Actually, I have felt very good this week. I don't know if it's because the baby has finally cut those teeth and I'm sleeping more or just that I've taken a day or two to just "be" and relax. I feel relatively calm and in a pretty good place. That's not to say that I wont' feel crummy in a couple of days again.

It's hard but I'll manage. I have perspective that I haven't had for a while. I can look at my beautiful boys and be so thankful for what I have been given in life that the current situation seems so inconsequential. Without my marriage, I wouldn't have them and I just absolutely can't imagine life without them. So with the bad came the very, very good.

I also know I'm a good mother to my boys and that makes things seem less daunting. I have my bad days where I'm tired and impatient and probably am not a good mother at that moment, but for the most part, I'm doing a good job and really feel proud of myself. I have inner strength and calm that I would have never know I possess had it not been for the breakdown of my marriage.

But that doesn't mean that I wouldn't like to put a sharp stick in Dickhead's eye!!
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-22-2006, 05:39 AM
AMG
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

Glad to hear you're doing better. Click here to enlarge

You *are* a good mom & your sweet boys will grow up having a wonderful, strong mom as a great role model. You should be proud of yourself!
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-22-2006, 07:06 AM
LIKE A BOSS
Hard-Core Sybermom

Glad you are feeling a little better and positive.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sybermoms Parenting Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Do NOT use an AOL email address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in