HELP!! - Sybermoms Parenting Forum
More Support Than Your 18-Hour Bra Stunned friends? Illness in the family? DH grating on your last nerve? Whatever has you overwhelmed, come on in for more support than an 18-hour bra can give you!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-16-2003, 09:48 PM
mother2be
Ambulance Chaser

Unhappy HELP!!

Hello everyone im going to try and hurry to write this b/c my computer is messed up so if and mistakes im sorry.
ok this is for the people who have been reading fanda96 post. this is her sil im going to tell you the whole story.
okay me and my bf went to stay with them untill we got are own place. anyways fanda96 breast feeds which you pro. already knew.Anyways sometimes when she would breast feed her whole breast would show and it made me and my bf very uncomfortable, but it is her house and thats why i never said anything to her. so one nite me and my bf were in the basement talking about it and they were listening. They misunderstound they conversation, we never said anything bad about her. just that when she breast feed and her breast was all out it bothered me. anyways so she took it the wrong way. If she would have just talk to me about it none of this would be happening. Now we dont talk because of a misunderstanding. Now she is trying to make it worse by talking about me and my bf the way she has, and telling my mother lies about me i just dont know what to do. if you could please respond
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-16-2003, 10:49 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

I read her post. So sorry this happened. Have you tried talking to her and telling her it was a misunderstanding?
post #3 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-17-2003, 06:16 AM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

I think you should be emailing HER rather than posting here.
If it is a misunderstanding, talking to her will straighten things out.
post #4 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-17-2003, 07:40 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Send a message via AIM to gingah Send a message via Yahoo to gingah Send a message via Skype™ to gingah
I agree you need to talk. And it would likely be more productive to do it through email (or the phone). GL.
post #5 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-17-2003, 09:06 AM
mother2be
Ambulance Chaser

I have tried emailing and calling she hangs up on me. She told me if i emailed her again that legal action with be taken. I just dont know what to do. I guess ill have to get over it.
post #6 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-17-2003, 09:20 AM
mother2be
Ambulance Chaser

See what i mean everytime i try talking to her she always says bad things about me, trying to make me look bad. im not trying to come in here and make trouble im trying to solve problems, but its kinda hard when she says stuff like that.(on the other post)What do i need to do?
post #7 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-17-2003, 09:57 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

First of all,which of the statements she made in her first post is not true? If any of them are true,make ammends. Secondly,if a woman is breasfeeding it is rare to see all of the breast...is there any chance you're overreacting? Also remember it was her home and if you or your bf felt uncomfortable with her feeding her baby you both could have left the room(Sorry,but it needed to be said). Part of being grown up is admitting to your part of wrong doing in ANY misunderstanding. If you want to make things better,do this first. Then apologize. Then do better next time. That is all you can do.
I hope you get this worked out soon. Your sil stated that she really wanted to be there for you as you enter into motherhood. Don't throw that away. Any new mother will tell you that you need all the support you can get. If you really want to work things out,go to your mother or brother if your sil won't listen. If you're sincere about making a change,she WILL come around. Good luck!
post #8 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-17-2003, 10:12 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Why are you worried about what a bunch of folks you don't know are hearing about you via the internet? We don't know your name, we don't know anything about you. The fact that you followed Fanda over here is really creepy to me.

If you have a problem with Fanda that you want to work out, work it out with her in person or over the phone. If she does not want contact with you, respect her wishes. It's really pretty simple.

Following someone to an internet board and posting about your situation is scoring high on the 'stalking' scale for me.
post #9 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-17-2003, 12:31 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Send a message via Yahoo to Jazz
Can someone give me a link to the OP in question please? I did a search on fanda96 and came up with nothing.

Although I find it a bit odd that someone who's going to have a baby (assuming so from your name) is 'uncomfortable' about seeing a nursing mother's breast.
post #10 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-17-2003, 12:44 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

post #11 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-17-2003, 01:34 PM
Ambulance Chaser

You need to work things out with her. You do. It seems that a lot of people have concerns about your BF, and whether you agree or not, you need to take that into consideration if you want to make ammends. Do not make it about him, don't let that happen. If your SIL and your brother feel they were disrespected then respect that. Fix that. How you feel about it is irrelevant, how they feel is the issue.

Time to wander into the real world, where people don't always agree or aprove. You have to learn to deal with it and learn to bend.
post #12 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-17-2003, 01:34 PM
mother2be
Ambulance Chaser

It was uncomportable because my bf was there and her whole breast was hanging out.
post #13 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-17-2003, 01:37 PM
Ambulance Chaser

OK, but mother2be. Like it or not, agree or not, that was you and your BF's issue. Not something she had to change. Maybe mentioning it to her, instead of flapping behind her back would have brought about a better outcome? You have to take some responsibility here if you truly want to patch things up.
post #14 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-17-2003, 04:09 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

I am going to pretend I don't anything other than what I have read in this thread.

You were in her house, and she breastfeeds. It doesn't matter if you can see the whole breast or not, she was feeding her child, not giving random peep shows. If it made you uncomfortable, then you can leave the room or not look. If it made your boyfriend uncomfortable, again, he can leave the room or not look. It is not something that you should feel you have to ask her to change, especially for your boyfriend. Please try to be more mature about it. If I overheard you talking about how uncomfortable, I would be very hurt, too.

I don't know if you will be very comfortable at this board since it is very open about breastfeeding. Also, it does sound like you are stalking the other poster. If you can't handle the conflict in real life with her, there is really no hope for solving it here.
post #15 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-17-2003, 06:56 PM
ToeJamJones
Ambulance Chaser

It's a Breast. She was breastfeeding. You need to get over yourself. YOU are fixing to be a mom. I'm seriously concerned about your BF. He sounds like he has serious anger issues.
post #16 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-17-2003, 07:06 PM
mother2be
Ambulance Chaser

Like i said she has made us out to be these terrible people that were not.And if your just going to be mean about it and you cant understand were im coming from then i dont need your advice.

You guys werent there you dont know how it was.It just thought that maybe i could work things out, but i guess not,i was not following her on here i seen her on this site and she told me it was cool so i checked it out and i seen that she wrote on here.And i got a little upset about the lies that she had wrote.That is the only reason i posted on here.

Oh well i guess that if it makes me feel better to put people down, i let her have fun. i have alot more thing to worry about.
So of those of you that wrote on here and was understanding and nice thank you.
post #17 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-17-2003, 07:08 PM
mother2be
Ambulance Chaser

i meant if it makes her feel better to put people down then let her
post #18 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-17-2003, 11:57 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

No one was mean to you. Most offered solid advice about how to handle the situation. You came to this messageboard to find out what your SIL said about you and wanted to continue the conflict here, and when people did not take your side you became unhappy about it.

I hope you can gain some maturity and deal with this problem before it gets even further out of hand. Instead of focusing on what SIL might or might not be saying on an anoymous website, focus on putting your life in order. Put your energy into your new baby, and close family. Make better decisions and work hard at treating people with more respect. When you get to a better place in your life then you can try to make amends to your relationship with your SIL.
post #19 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-18-2003, 02:43 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Send a message via Yahoo to Jazz
Well said Empress.
post #20 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-18-2003, 04:00 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

[QUOTE]Originally posted by JazzMaTazz
Although I find it a bit odd that someone who's going to have a baby (assuming so from your name) is 'uncomfortable' about seeing a nursing mother's breast. [/QUOTE
ITA, Jazz.
mom2be, you need to talk to Fanda about this, not anonymous strangers.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sybermoms Parenting Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Do NOT use an AOL email address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in