Mean Supply Teacher - Sybermoms Parenting Forum
More Support Than Your 18-Hour Bra Stunned friends? Illness in the family? DH grating on your last nerve? Whatever has you overwhelmed, come on in for more support than an 18-hour bra can give you!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-14-2006, 09:53 AM Thread Starter
Unsupportive Freeloader

Mean Supply Teacher

My ds came home the other day and said his supply teacher pulled his hair. Click here to enlarge

He said he was chatting to a friend and to get his attention the teacher pulled his hair so that he was looking at her.

I went into the school to talk to the vice principal. She seemed surprised that this teacher would do that, as the teacher has years of experience. She also showed concern that this teacher was booked for a few more days.

The principal said she would have a word with the teacher. I left the office feeling like I should have been more...I don't know, assertive. I don't want my ds anywhere near her, and I didn't say that. I feel disapointed in myself, I'm not sure how I should have handled it.

WWYD? What can I do on Monday, to make sure she's no where near my son? And really, should she even be around any kids? Help!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-15-2006, 05:39 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Wow! I can't even imagine what I would do in your situation.

I do know that there is no way in hell I would put up with anyone pulling my childs hair. I would probably demand that the teacher is removed from the school. Is there any past history of this kind of behaviour?

Maybe someone else has some advice for you!
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-15-2006, 07:37 AM
Ambulance Chaser

What's a supply teacher?
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-15-2006, 09:09 AM Thread Starter
Unsupportive Freeloader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitchy
What's a supply teacher?
A supply teacher covers for teachers that are sick etc. This teacher was covering french classes for a few days at our school.

I'm not sure if there's a history involving this teacher, as I've never seen her at our school.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-15-2006, 09:57 AM
Ambulance Chaser

Oh, we calls those substitute teachers. Click here to enlarge

I'm just trying to wrap my brain around the fact that anybody over the age of, oh say 5, would pull someone else's hair. Was it a mean pull or like sometimes I swing my daughter's ponytail to get her attention. Not pulling, just swinging it side to side. make sense?
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-15-2006, 06:07 PM Thread Starter
Unsupportive Freeloader

Substitute Click here to enlarge I didn't even think of that word. I think we call them both around these parts.

I might have thought it was a little tug of sorts, but my ds said it hurt, and it made him upset. Some other things he's said this weekend makes me think, she is not a very nice teacher. She apparently said "Duh" to some kids in the class, and talked in a snotty voice. I can understand being frustrated with the students, they're a very chatty bunch. But I think she should have kept her hands to herself.

I'm going back in on Monday to talk to the VP again, to see what was said, and to ask about her NOT teaching my ds again.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-15-2006, 06:12 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Wow, that really sounds awful. I would definitely talk to the vice principal and if you're not happy with the way they are handling it, talk to the principal and so on. I would make sure they aren't going to put ds back in her class, but also figure out how to file a complaint for this so that this is on record somewhere.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-16-2006, 05:41 PM
Ambulance Chaser

Ok, she sounds like a bitch and shouldn't be a teacher.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sybermoms Parenting Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Do NOT use an AOL email address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in