Sexual Assault - Sybermoms Parenting Forum
More Support Than Your 18-Hour Bra Stunned friends? Illness in the family? DH grating on your last nerve? Whatever has you overwhelmed, come on in for more support than an 18-hour bra can give you!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 121 (permalink) Old 03-15-2007, 10:44 AM Thread Starter
Unsupportive Freeloader

Sexual Assault

I am having a very hard time right now. I left work tuesday night (I am a waitress) and was sexually assaulted. I went to the hospital, did the police report and took the 'day after' pill.

I don't want to talk about the assault right now. My question is bite marks. I have them on my thighs, buttocks, neck and stomach. They really hurt, a lot. I am on antibiotics. What can I do for comfort? Ice? Heat? I am in a lot of pain and needs something to relieve it. I told my son I fell at work and that is why I am walking slow and am in pain.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 121 (permalink) Old 03-15-2007, 10:51 AM
Ambulance Chaser

I am very sorry. I think heat would probably be the most helpful for bites, at this point it isn't swelling but sore and tender muscles that are hurting.
post #3 of 121 (permalink) Old 03-15-2007, 10:55 AM Thread Starter
Unsupportive Freeloader

Thanks MoutHy. I have so many of them I am wondering if hot shower? Bath? Those heating pads that can be applied and left on?
post #4 of 121 (permalink) Old 03-15-2007, 10:59 AM
Ambulance Chaser

Quote:
Those heating pads that can be applied and left on?
these things hurt coming off, so i wouldn't think they would be a good idea. i would take a hot bath. do you have antibiotic stuff (like neosporin)? i would use that on the wounds as bites tend to get infected easily.

i am sorry this happened.
post #5 of 121 (permalink) Old 03-15-2007, 11:01 AM Thread Starter
Unsupportive Freeloader

I don't have any neosporin, but can pick some up. I need some aleve or pain killers anyway.

I just hurt so badly.
post #6 of 121 (permalink) Old 03-15-2007, 11:18 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Aleve would be okay and it would help with any inflamation. I might stick with something like Motrin because you can take it more often. I buy 200mg tablets and take four of them as instructed by my Dr. for pain. Does your insurance have a nurse line just so you can confirm any pain med advice? Some hospitals will have 800# nurse lines.

I would also use Neosporin because human mouths are filthy. I'm suprised that you were not given something when you were in the hospital.

I hope that you find someone to talk to when you're are ready. Click here to enlarge
post #7 of 121 (permalink) Old 03-15-2007, 11:20 AM
Ambulance Chaser

I would be having lots of warn baths, yes. Try not to mess with the bites too much though, i would think applying an antibiotic ointment once a day should be enough. You don't want to handle them too much when they are already at such risk to get infected.
post #8 of 121 (permalink) Old 03-15-2007, 11:30 AM Thread Starter
Unsupportive Freeloader

I have been taking lots and lots of showers. Only problem with baths is the bottom of my tub has those non-skid stickers on them. I have bites on my butt and I am affraid it will irratate them if I sit. Maybe a hot shower and stick my bum in a bucker. Not a bucket, but one of those foot soaker buckets? I know I am not explaining it right.

Thank you everyone for your advice.

I don't know why the hospital didn't give me any topical creme. They could have told me what to do, but I was pretty out of it and just wanted to go home and sleep.
post #9 of 121 (permalink) Old 03-15-2007, 11:34 AM
Ambulance Chaser

can you pick up one of those inflatable rings to sit on in the tub? i am pretty sure walgreen's, etc sells them.
post #10 of 121 (permalink) Old 03-15-2007, 11:39 AM
Ambulance Chaser

You could lay a towel down on the floor of the tub. Adds some laundry, but should allow you to have a more comfortable sock in the tub.
post #11 of 121 (permalink) Old 03-15-2007, 11:40 AM
Ambulance Chaser

OK, a sock probably wouldn't help. I bet laying a towel down would help you have a comfortable soak though Click here to enlarge
post #12 of 121 (permalink) Old 03-15-2007, 11:43 AM
Ambulance Chaser

sock in the tub Click here to enlarge (for the record, i wrote sock in the tube there first, which is almost as funny).

i didn't think about a towel. that is a good idea.
post #13 of 121 (permalink) Old 03-15-2007, 11:44 AM Thread Starter
Unsupportive Freeloader

Good idea Bettlebum. I did call the pharmacy and the will deliver whatever I need. (I don't have anyone to go to the store for me and it hurts to walk). I told them I will call within the hour.
post #14 of 121 (permalink) Old 03-15-2007, 12:57 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Aleve, a long hot soak, and I am so very sorry.
post #15 of 121 (permalink) Old 03-15-2007, 03:28 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Epsom salts might irritate the open wounds; once they're closed, though, the Epsom Salts will help with the muscle soreness.

I'm so, so sorry. Click here to enlarge
post #16 of 121 (permalink) Old 03-15-2007, 03:59 PM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

My god. I'm so very, very sorry to hear this. I can't add anything to the excellent advice given to you already, but do you have anyone who you can depend on right now? I hate the thought that you might be alone while dealing with this.

Praise Xenu!
Kick ass art.

"I was just arguing global warming again this past week with someone. She watched Gore's POS movie and believes every freckin' work of it. I told her that he can't even get the hurricane on the cover to spin the right way, and that's just the START of the problems with that movie. Needless to say the conversation with her went downhill from there." -- a meteorologist friend
post #17 of 121 (permalink) Old 03-15-2007, 05:21 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

I dont know when you posted this, but, I wanted to let you know that I will be thinking of you. I know you dont know me from Adam, but know that someone is thinking of you.
post #18 of 121 (permalink) Old 03-15-2007, 05:43 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Oh holy hell. Click here to enlarge I don't know what to say. Please PM me if you need to talk to anyone.
post #19 of 121 (permalink) Old 03-15-2007, 05:49 PM

I am so sorry. Click here to enlarge
post #20 of 121 (permalink) Old 03-15-2007, 07:29 PM
Ambulance Chaser

I'm so sorry. Click here to enlarge Is there anything you need or we could do for you right now? That's probably a silly question since we all probably live far away..but I thought I'd throw it out there.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sybermoms Parenting Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Do NOT use an AOL email address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in