my mom is still in the hospital - Sybermoms Parenting Forum
More Support Than Your 18-Hour Bra Stunned friends? Illness in the family? DH grating on your last nerve? Whatever has you overwhelmed, come on in for more support than an 18-hour bra can give you!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-06-2007, 03:18 PM Thread Starter

my mom is still in the hospital

2 months Click here to enlarge

There are a lot of details I am learning about her past which are not very comforting. Now DQ says mom is crying every day. I am not doing well at all dealing with this.

I have made allusions to a rough childhood before-and you know relatively speaking it wasn't THAT bad but I dealt with it by "checking out" mentally and pretending things were not happening.

that is kind of what I am doing now.

it is hard for me to not be able to go up there but we are moving, we just had a baby and to be frank we cannot afford it.

my brother and his gf and their soon to 3 yo daughter have moved in with my parents, my dad moved himself into the basement and is giving them the house so they can help out with my mom. I am not sure if this is a good idea, but why would anyone listen to me? Why should I have any say?

I just think I am getting depressed over this, and the situation up there would only serve to depress me more-so maybe I shouldn't even try to go up there until things calm down or take a turn for the worse.

*sigh* I feel like a fucking asshole for even thinking these things, but it is a pretty complex situation.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-07-2007, 12:52 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

I haven't read what's going on w/your mom, but I'm sorry for the pain/stress you and your family are dealing with.

Have you thought of seeing your doctor for yourself? I know the postpartum period after I had Zach was pretty rough, but I didn't realize it until much later...I should have probably considered taking something for the anger/depression issues. Having this heaped on top of your plate can be really overwhelming if you are already dealing with emotional/hormonal issues.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-07-2007, 08:12 AM Thread Starter

I was already taking zoloft and I have doubled up my dosage, which has helped with the crying. I was waking up in the middle of the night, not being able to sleep and just crying - now that has stopped at least.
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-07-2007, 08:24 AM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

Send a message via Yahoo to ajandcjsmom
I hope you didn't double up on your own.

Call your doc, maybe they can also rx something for that.

I know what you are going thru, its rough, but your mom is getting good care. Its tough I know, that you can't go see her. Is there anyway you can plan on a trip at some point to get up to see her? Even if your dh took some vaca time and watch the kids and you and the babe came up.

Fuck the typos
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-07-2007, 08:31 AM Thread Starter

my DH used his vacation time all up when the baby was born, he doesn't have any more until next year which is when we are planning a trip home.

I spoke with my doctor before I adjusted my meds.

we are planning on going up in jan. and having the baby baptised up there.

part of me is scared to go up there, KWIM? It's complicated. I don't think I could get through it without DH there.

my mom does have tons of support -DQ is amazing, my brother is moving in with my parents , she has 5 sisters and 3 brothers close by plus her mom and nieces and nephews galore. I guess I mostly feel guilty or scared that my mom will be mad at me for not being there.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-07-2007, 08:41 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Sorry for what you are going through Dunk
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-07-2007, 07:09 PM
Sulphur Crested Cockatoo
Hard-Core Sybermom

I'm sorry for what you're going through. My father was also in the hospital for two-three months. It is very stressful.

aka Jaws is 9!

aka ponytails is 11!

aka princess is 14
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-07-2007, 07:44 PM
boo
Unsupportive Freeloader

Dunkin, did your Mom have a stroke? PM me if you have questions. I'm a stroke survivor and would answer questions if that would help. Have faith that your mother is getting the care she needs.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-09-2007, 07:11 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

I'm glad that she's got a lot of support there and support coming from you over the miles. All you can do is whatever you can - mentally, physically, financially. I'm sure they understand that you have a family, too, and can only do so much. I'm sorry it's weighing so heavily on you.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-13-2007, 02:19 PM Thread Starter

good newClick here to enlargeQ et al were able to get my mom insured so she will get good rehab and after care and my dad won't lose their house Click here to enlarge
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-13-2007, 02:39 PM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

I'm glad that things are looking up for your mom.

Take care of yourself. I had some family issues right after I had ds1 and I think I had a touch of ppd on top of it and I really should have sought some help. When you're already stressed family issues have a way of compounding the problem. Good luck.

Comparison is the thief of joy-Theodore Roosevelt

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sybermoms Parenting Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Do NOT use an AOL email address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in