Ear and nose surgery for my 2 year old - Sybermoms Parenting Forum
More Support Than Your 18-Hour Bra Stunned friends? Illness in the family? DH grating on your last nerve? Whatever has you overwhelmed, come on in for more support than an 18-hour bra can give you!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-05-2003, 05:23 AM
Jane
Ambulance Chaser

Ear and nose surgery for my 2 year old

My 2 year old dd is having tubes inserted into her ears as well as having her adenoids removed next Wednesday.

Has anyone else had experience with this and what should tips can you give me for after the operation. How long does it take them to recover, etc?

Any advice would be welcomed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-05-2003, 06:28 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

No advice...just wanted to say Good luck with DD's surgery.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-05-2003, 06:30 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Many years ago I had this done. I believe in 1975 and things have changed a lot since that. My dd who is now 21 months had tubes put into ears at ten months. I would bring a blanket, favorite stuff animal, a toy, and a bottle if baby is on a bottle. We went in at 6:30 that morning and were on our way home by 8am. I was a nervous wreck but dd was okay. She never had any side effects. She was little sleepy afterwards from the anesthisia but by noon she was up playing. Of course I don't know about the other.

Good Luck! I hope everything goes well. I will be saying a prayer for dc and you.
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-05-2003, 08:59 AM
Sulphur Crested Cockatoo
Hard-Core Sybermom

My 4yo dd had her tonsils and adenoid out this past October. They gave her a light sedative before going into the operating room. We got to go in with her (just until she was out) and I think the worst part of the entire surgery pre and post op was seeing her go under the general anesthesia... it was really freaky. Anyway, we were discharged one hour after the surgery and on our way home with antibiotics and tylenol w/codine. I don't know if they will keep your 2yo in the hospital or if they'll discharge you. I think the things that you have to be most watchful for are post-op bleeding and keep them hydrated. We would try to get her to take at least a sip of something about every half hour. She did very well, but it seems like she was up and down in her moods, energy level and interest in food/drink for about two weeks. Best of luck to you and your little one!
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-06-2003, 04:34 AM
Jane
Ambulance Chaser

Thank you so much for that insightful and practical information. I will let you know how it goes.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-20-2011, 02:18 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

If you have two year old baby and you have to do ear and nose surgery then you can take more information about nose and ear surgery. You have two ask all thing before the surgery.

nose surgery

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sybermoms Parenting Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Do NOT use an AOL email address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in