Sybermoms Parenting Forum

Sybermoms Parenting Forum (https://www.sybermoms.com/forums/)
-   More Support Than Your 18-Hour Bra (https://www.sybermoms.com/forums/12-more-support-than-your-18-hour-bra/)
-   -   I'm now divorced (https://www.sybermoms.com/forums/12-more-support-than-your-18-hour-bra/597457-im-now-divorced.html)

semisweet 05-28-2010 09:03 PM

I'm now divorced

that is all.

Well, no, that isn't all. We still live in the same house until it sells. This is very taxing on me mentally. We cannot afford two households at this point.

Anyway, I'm not perfect, but I can say that I'm doing my best to be friendly and keep the peace...him, not so much. I'm still doing his fucking laundry for fucks sake.

All he does is bitch about money and how he's not going to be able to live, and his tax status is going to change and he's going to be fucked, and blah, blah, money, money, money.

now that is all.

Patsit 05-28-2010 09:06 PM

:grope

califred 05-29-2010 06:15 AM

Why the hell are you still doing his laundry, I'd be stopping that.. hell I'd have stopped it when things started going bad.

I hope you all can get out of there soon.

Hobnail Liver 05-29-2010 06:25 AM

Come rent an apartment in my complex. It's close to the lake and the beach, we'll have a blast. We can go running together! :clap

You run, right? :lol

Harlot 05-29-2010 07:02 AM

Stop doing his laundry and stop even listening and get out as soon as you can. I cannot even imagine. :(

The beauty of divorce is you don't have to try with him anymore.

47 is Pleonasm 05-29-2010 08:47 AM

I'd "accidentally' pour bleach all over his clothes if he's so fucking entitled that he'd have a temper tantrum if you stop doing his laundry.

PunkassPie 05-29-2010 02:14 PM

Do you have enough room for you to be in different rooms? I would drop doing his laundry for sure, and anything else that you wouldn't normally do if you were living apart. I hope things turn around soon and you are able to live on your own or him on his own, whatever works.

semisweet 05-30-2010 07:21 AM

Thanks guys. :) :heart

I guess I'm doing all this still just to keep the peace as much as possible. I can't stand the tension. I'm willing to be friendly, but he's not.

Me and my 9yo were watching a movie Friday night. It was about 10:10 and the movie was almost over. He comes home and says "Ian, why aren't you in bed?" (it's Friday night, wtf?) and I said "we're watching a movie, it's almost over" and exdh says "I wasn't talking to you".

I mean, wtf man? Be a fucking adult.

So I said "I don't care, I'm answering you anyway".

Please god let this house sell.

semisweet 05-30-2010 07:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PunkassPie (Post 9180261)
Do you have enough room for you to be in different rooms?

Yeah, pretty much. He "lives" upstairs. He comes down to eat and stays gone or in his room most of the time. He works from home but his office is upstairs so...

Yummy! 05-30-2010 10:08 AM

sort his laundry out and leave it unwashed. I hope hope pray pray your house sells soon.

Spetunia 05-30-2010 04:50 PM

Congrats on phase 1 of your freedom, Semi. IIRC, it's been a long time coming. :love

wren 05-30-2010 07:14 PM

That living situation sounds hellish. You are earning some serious karmic points by still washing the skid marks off his undies when he can't even manage to be civil in front of your child. :( I'll keep my fingers crossed soon that the house sells very soon so you can be completely done with this chapter.

aliciameme 05-30-2010 09:15 PM

You're doing his laundry and he's still being an asshole, so why bother? I'm sorry you're in this position. I hope it resolves quickly.

Consueluh 05-31-2010 03:10 PM

You have nothing to gain by being friendly at this point if he's not going to reciprocate. Be civil to spare your kid, but other than that...

You don't have to be his friend. You don't have to help him out. You don't have to listen to his whinging about money. Just respond with "We all have our battles" and go in another room. Hang in there. :love

Coco 06-02-2010 07:55 AM

hang in there.
And don't do his laundry. ;)
:grope

Tattoo 06-03-2010 04:57 AM

I hope your house sells quickly. Sounds like he's being a huge ass, so I agree, why keep doing his laundry? He obviously doesn't appreciate it. Fuck it. Hang in there Semi. :love