20 years later - Sybermoms Parenting Forum
More Support Than Your 18-Hour Bra Stunned friends? Illness in the family? DH grating on your last nerve? Whatever has you overwhelmed, come on in for more support than an 18-hour bra can give you!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-01-2003, 08:13 PM Thread Starter
Unsupportive Freeloader

20 years later

my brother nuts up. He was molested. Am I suprised? No. Somebody that angry all the time, that homophobic, and that self-destructive has some definite issues. Just kind of shocked how it all came out I guess. I was picking DD up from my mom's house.

It's a very long and bizarre tale. Basically, he felt that my DD was "flirting" with him and it upset him highly. I tried to explain that DD is a precocious 8 year old who craves alot of attention. The more I tried to explain, the more fucked up he got. On the verge of crying and shit. DD is just looking at him like he fell of the turnip truck.

Finally, he admits that his view of things is very skewed because he was molested when he was 4. Right there. Standing in the kitchen. Whole damned family is looking at him while he is in the middle of making dinner. My mom won't shut up and listen. She keeps telling him he needs to do this, he needs to that. She is so fucking lost. So it gets to be too much and he runs out of the room.

Well fuck, I can't leave him like that so I spent an hour and a half talking to him. That's a very painful thing to watch. My uncle was molesting his stepson who was about 9 or 10. The stepson acted out on my brother. Makes me hate my uncle on a whole new level.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-01-2003, 08:31 PM
Ambulance Chaser

That's terrible. I'm sorry. I have seen that kind of thing happen before however. A lady who watches kids in our town lost her in home daycare because her son molested one of the kids.

Turns out the kid that was doing the molesting was being molested by another family member.

Very sad. I hope he gets some help. Click here to enlarge
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-01-2003, 08:35 PM Thread Starter
Unsupportive Freeloader

Oh, it gets worse. My brother told my uncle what his stepson did. So my uncle "checks" him to see if anything happened. Then he spanked? him to cover everything up. And did he ever tell anybody what happened. Fuck no. Sick bastard.

He also tried to tell my mom. But at that time he had a severe speech impediment. The only person who ever understood what the fuck he was saying was me. For years, I had to translate for him. I guess I wasn't there that day.
post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-01-2003, 09:21 PM
Ambulance Chaser

Oh my, your poor brother. I couldn't imagine keeping something like that bottled up for so long. I hope he gets the help he needs. Sorry your poor DD had to see that too. Click here to enlarge
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-01-2003, 10:05 PM
Hopeish
Ambulance Chaser

I'm so sorry Click here to enlarge I'm also sorry that your dd had to see that. I hope she understands what happened and doesn't think that in any way she is responsible. I can't believe your uncle spanked him for it. What your brother must have been going through all of these years.

Where is the cousin now?
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-02-2003, 12:14 AM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

Send a message via Yahoo to Olive
Click here to enlarge I'm sorry! I know first hand what that can do.

Petition the White House to Adopt the Chartreuse Awareness Ribbon for the Prevention of Child Sexual Abuse.

"While there are many colors for various causes, (for example, Child Abuse and Autism both share the same color ribbon) there is no nationally recognized ribbon in chartreuse. Child sexual abuse affects so many children and yet prevention organizations struggle to receive the funding they need to raise awareness and educate people on all the simple ways we can empower our children, families, and communities against abuse."
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-02-2003, 04:41 AM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

Click here to enlarge

I hope your brother gets the help he needs. It might be beneficial for everyone to see a counsellor (either together or alone).

Carry me home down The Highway of Heroes.
People above with their flags flying low.
Carry me softly, down The Highway of Heroes.
True Patriot Love,
There was never more.

Watch it

post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-02-2003, 05:57 AM
amazonblonde
Ambulance Chaser

I am so sad for him....sorry. He definitely needs to get some counseling. You probably will all need it. I have family who have been thru this before and it is not fun. Its a cycle that you and your family will need to help to break. He doesnt need to grow and do this to someone else.

He can do it with love and patience. Ill be thinking about you....
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-02-2003, 07:54 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

counselling is a good idea. There are some great abuse groups out there if he is willing to go. I found they made a world of difference. If he doesn't want to go to a counselling session (many abuse victims are too ashamed to go to counselling) he can call a rape crisis hotline. They are trained to deal with childhood abuse. Best of luck to you and him. PM me if you want to talk about this anymore.
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-02-2003, 08:14 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

I'm so sorry!Click here to enlarge My oldest brother was molested by an uncle. He in turn molested all 3 of my sisters. He got caught when he was 11.Click here to enlarge He'd been in therapy till he went to college and I think he's better. At least I hope so. He's 38 and just had his first child in January.
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-02-2003, 09:21 AM Thread Starter
Unsupportive Freeloader

Thanks ya'll. I really had to get that off of my chest. I can't tell anybody IRL because he doesn't want anybody to know.

It is so disturbing to know that he tried to tell when it happened. And nobody heard him. My sorry piece of shit fucking uncle didn't do anything because it would have uncovered his own fucked upedness. And my mom didn't understand what in the hell he was trying to say because his speech impediment was that bad. He did the right thing. He told. And the world failed him.

It happened right around the time my parent were in the middle of getting a divorce. We were staying at my uncle's house while she worked at night. The thing is, when when it finally came out that Uncle Fuckdabutt was molesting his stepson, my mom wondered if he had ever done anything to my brother. But this was 2 or 3 years later and maybe she was too scared to ask. And if she had, would he have told by then?

My grandmother, the stupid cunt, still believes to this day that her precious son never really molested his stepson. That he just pled guilty and served that time in prison because he didn't want to pit his word against his stepson's. She also believes that he is not really gay and that one day he is going to tell everybody just that.

One of my other uncle's beat the shit out of him a few years ago. And everybody felt so sorry for the pedophile because my other uncle is so much bigger than him. Well, right now I really wish he' go beat the fuck out of him again. He deserved everyfucking bit of it.

I don't think he has ever molested anybody. He has always turned it in on himself. Has heavily abused drugs and alchohol since he was 14. And because of that, it happened to him again.

I know this is long. Thank you seriously for listening. Or reading whichever. He wants help. He quit everything cold turkey on Sunday. Including cigs. I'm going to try and help him. When he is not drinking or feening for some shit, he is a very good person.

I am just really glad most of my fucked up relatives come to see me. Such skankylicious dumbfucks. I am adopted dammit. I have to be.
post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-02-2003, 10:45 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Send a message via AIM to gingah Send a message via Yahoo to gingah Send a message via Skype™ to gingah
Click here to enlarge I too hope he gets the counselling and help he needs. Stand by him. Poor guy. Click here to enlarge
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-02-2003, 12:03 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

What a terrible story! Click here to enlarge

I hope your brother is able to get the counseling he needs so that he can move on with his life.
post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-08-2003, 09:10 PM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

Location: Attending this week's secret breastfeeding propaganda meeting

Click here to enlarge

I'm really glad that you listened to him when no one else would. I know far too many people who went through something similar and it makes me sad, angry, and sick. I hope that your brother is able to get help and move past this as much as is humanly possible.
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-09-2003, 08:25 AM
Skanky
Ambulance Chaser

Click here to enlarge
post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-09-2003, 10:44 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Send a message via Yahoo to Barbie
It's great that you could be there for your brother, he sounds like he could benefit from therapy.

However, and I don't want this to come out all fucked up, but his comment about your DD "flirting" with him is many times a red flag. Many people who molest children often say the children were "coming on to them" "flirting" and "wanted it". It is their way of justifying themselves and thier behavior. Add to that the fact that he was molested, and I would encourage caution on your part.

You do want to be there for your brother, but you also need to protect your daughter. You said she is "precocious" and "craves attention". These are types of behaviors, that while not wrong, could possibly make her vulnerable to a predator. It is in no way anything to do with her, but more along the lines of a person will use those types of behaviors to take advantage of her.

I'm sure you have already, but now might be a perfect time to talk about keeping our body's safe, etc. There is lot's of stuff online. I use the phrase "keeping our hands to ourselves" when I want to remind DD that not everyone appreciates her physical contact.

From your previous posts it sounds like you have a family with some boundaries issues (like most of us!! mine too) and it may be hard for you to be firm. IMO I would make sure to be in the same room with your brother and your DD at all times. Lots of horrible things happen to kids when relatives take them to the bathroom, to play outside, etc. Not saying that is going on, but you know you can't be too safe.

I hope I am not sounding like a jerk, I'm not trying to.

Good luck!
post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-09-2003, 01:31 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Send a message via Yahoo to Emers
OMdoG!! That's terrible. I can't imagine what it must have been like for him growing up. Keeping all those feelings and thoughts tightly within himself. Click here to enlarge Knowing that he tried to tell but that no one listened to him makes me want to cry as my first son has speech issues. I hope he gets the help he needs and that his healing can finally begin. Click here to enlarge

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sybermoms Parenting Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Do NOT use an AOL email address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in