Outing myself - Sybermoms Parenting Forum
More Support Than Your 18-Hour Bra Stunned friends? Illness in the family? DH grating on your last nerve? Whatever has you overwhelmed, come on in for more support than an 18-hour bra can give you!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 56 (permalink) Old 01-09-2014, 10:41 PM Thread Starter
Unsupportive Freeloader

Outing myself

Yes I went to an inpatient rehab. Yes I am living in a sober living house 3 hours from home. Yes my husband filed for divorce right before Christmas and yes my Mom paid for it. Thank God I'm an addict because I'm getting treatment. There is no treatment for assholes. Oh and we did some work with the soldiers in for PTSD and fuck the system for that pile of shit. What a fucked up treatment. Seriously.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 56 (permalink) Old 01-09-2014, 11:38 PM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

I'm so sorry, it sounds awful. I'm glad you are getting help. I know it sounds trite, but this too shall pass. Click here to enlarge
post #3 of 56 (permalink) Old 01-09-2014, 11:50 PM Thread Starter
Unsupportive Freeloader

I am incredibly grateful for the treatment and the love and support from perfect strangers and SM's. Don't mistake my post as a pity me thing. I fucked up. I went to treatment voluntarily. Walter did not want to do family counseling this time either. He bailed. Glad I saw this side of him now. I've got a life to live, and that won't happen when he is sick too. It just sucks that I didn't keep my stash of money a secret. He gets retirement. I get food stamps.

post #4 of 56 (permalink) Old 01-10-2014, 01:55 AM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

Click here to enlarge I'm sorry for all that you're going through. Have been praying and will continue to.

I'm really, really glad you're divorcing that jerk. Welcome to the club of those of us who are escaping being married to assholes. It's not easy, it gets brutal, but I promise life will be so much better for you. Click here to enlarge

Hang in there.

post #5 of 56 (permalink) Old 01-10-2014, 02:25 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Sorry about all you've been through. You are a strong lady and you'll come out just fine. Glad you are in a supportive environment and getting help. Click here to enlarge

post #6 of 56 (permalink) Old 01-10-2014, 03:54 AM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

Fuck him. He is a lying liar who lies. And fuck her too.

Stay sober bc the best revenge will be him seeing you living well, which you will do.
post #7 of 56 (permalink) Old 01-10-2014, 04:13 AM Thread Starter
Unsupportive Freeloader

Well he gets the kids too. For now at least. He will figure out soon enough just how hard it is. No money, no job and he has not one real resource. I have rooms full of them and they all know me. I'm just like them.

post #8 of 56 (permalink) Old 01-10-2014, 05:00 AM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

Send a message via Yahoo to mamashack
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaughingCow View Post
Fuck him. He is a lying liar who lies. And fuck her too.

Stay sober bc the best revenge will be him seeing you living well, which you will do.
he is
you just take of yourself and what you need to do to get this under control and fuck that lying fucking fucker fuck

MAMA FOR POPE!

A POPE WHO COOKS!
post #9 of 56 (permalink) Old 01-10-2014, 05:57 AM
LIKE A BOSS
Hard-Core Sybermom

I admire you for getting help right away. You can beat this and come out on top. I'm sure things seem like they will never get better, but tomorrow is a new day.

You once said that you need to take things by the hour and I always think about that when I am having a hard time, so I'm repeating that back to you now Click here to enlarge

get well.
post #10 of 56 (permalink) Old 01-10-2014, 06:07 AM
Punk Kids - 12 Years Old & 7 Years Old

Send a message via Yahoo to PunkassPie
Click here to enlarge

It's not a feeling, it's a knowing.

Trippin

Diva ~
Quote:
I'll buck the trend, I don't think her kids are all that in the cute department. not all kids are cute. they have other attributes that make up for that, but look at tweedle's aiden, that is a cute kid. and your kids mel, those are adorable kids. Her's are average. I wouldn't take a second look passing her on the street.
post #11 of 56 (permalink) Old 01-10-2014, 06:17 AM Thread Starter
Unsupportive Freeloader

Thank you everyone. I really do appreciate the support and understanding. I realized I don't want to be married to someone who gives up when the shit gets real. I never did. When your illness cannot be seen the treatment is not always clear. I got horribly depressed and self medicated. I'm back on meds and alive so the rest can be just part of my story and testament to others that my bottom doesn't have to be theirs. Oh and a 21 year old meth addict sleeping for 5 days as your room mate can really help you to feel grateful. Her parents wouldn't talk to her, bring her anything etc. They had to move her to the psychiatric unit after detox.

post #12 of 56 (permalink) Old 01-10-2014, 06:26 AM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyKisses View Post
I admire you for getting help right away.
I can't stress this enough. I have always been amazed by your ability to see the problem and move through the fear and doubt to correct it. Honestly, even in this situation you are inspiring. I hope that your example of taking care of yourself is one your children can internalize as well, it is really the cornerstone to health in every way. Click here to enlarge
post #13 of 56 (permalink) Old 01-10-2014, 06:33 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Click here to enlarge I have always admired your strength and honesty. Be well Click here to enlarge
post #14 of 56 (permalink) Old 01-10-2014, 10:54 AM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

Send a message via MSN to polarchick Send a message via Yahoo to polarchick
Click here to enlarge You'll get through it. I'm glad you got help. Click here to enlarge

I intend to live forever. So far, so good.
post #15 of 56 (permalink) Old 01-10-2014, 11:16 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

You deserve so much better than that asshole, and did even before this happened. Am I reading correctly that your mother paid for the divorce filing? Or did she pay for your treatment? You are going to come out on top here. I'm sure that seems very far away and hard to imagine, but you are incredibly strong and you will overcome this fall. Click here to enlarge
post #16 of 56 (permalink) Old 01-10-2014, 12:12 PM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

I agree, you are made of tough stuff. I don't know all the details, but I do know that you're a strong, sweet and loving woman. You will get through this because you're also smart and proactive. mshack is right - fuck all the rest of it, one hour at a time and make taking care of yourself your main priority.

I want you to know that I, too, struggle with addiction, so I know the turmoil well. (905) 252-0719

You call me anytime if you need to talk or cry or rage or whatever - I have your back, as do, I'm very sure, lots of other women here. Click here to enlarge

Like Annie it's a hard nock life...

"Let it be far from my feeble mental capacities to extrapolate on my myriad examples that in my field of business led me to my conclusion that it would be better safe than sorry."
Soapy - because she is smert.

Fuck you, Narnia!

http://www.sybermoms.com/forums/showthread.php?t=252503
post #17 of 56 (permalink) Old 01-10-2014, 12:47 PM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

You know what else? Being married to a controlling, emotionally abusive asshole who treats you like you are always failing is a horrible way to live, I guarantee that as you are out and start getting on your feet you will realize in little and big ways just how much easier life can be without that over your head.

I don't want to project my own shit at you, but from your posts he sounds a lot like my ex. If so, guys like that thrive on you being this messed up person he has to rescue and fix and shoulder responsibility for-but not in a good way. In a shitty way that allows them to use that as an excuse for all their crappy behavior. He can pretend he's superior and beleagured and has "reasons" for getting away with asshole shit.

This has been a tough, tough road for me and I know it will be difficult, but please hang in there. Focus on yourself, get healthy, learn who you are outside of what you've been told and treated like. Slog through the rest and know that you'll come out of it better and happier and healthier.

I'm sorry about your kids, that has to be very tough. I know mine have been really snowed by their dad and he's used my coping mechanisms-both good and bad-over the years against me, but now they're getting to know the real me.

Sorry if that's too much projection, I feel for you a lot and will keep you in my prayers. Click here to enlarge

post #18 of 56 (permalink) Old 01-10-2014, 06:38 PM Thread Starter
Unsupportive Freeloader

Hey I love to hear/read that others have walked this road and are surviving

post #19 of 56 (permalink) Old 01-11-2014, 12:33 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

just offering some Click here to enlarge
post #20 of 56 (permalink) Old 01-11-2014, 01:56 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patsit View Post
I am incredibly grateful for the treatment and the love and support from perfect strangers and SM's. Don't mistake my post as a pity me thing. I fucked up. I went to treatment voluntarily. Walter did not want to do family counseling this time either. He bailed. Glad I saw this side of him now. I've got a life to live, and that won't happen when he is sick too. It just sucks that I didn't keep my stash of money a secret. He gets retirement. I get food stamps.

Not true. you are entitled to support and his retirement. Stay the course. He is a dick.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sybermoms Parenting Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Do NOT use an AOL email address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in