Oh man you guys - Page 3 - Sybermoms Parenting Forum
More Support Than Your 18-Hour Bra Stunned friends? Illness in the family? DH grating on your last nerve? Whatever has you overwhelmed, come on in for more support than an 18-hour bra can give you!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 107 (permalink) Old 02-23-2014, 04:54 PM
The noblest of savages

If you feel you can't handle this then let them both go because getting rid of the brother (who is 4!) is so cruel.

“I don’t know why we don’t create some sort of system where we could train [Syrian refugees] to then go back to their own country and then fight for that country. Doesn’t somebody have to stay in the Middle East and make the Middle East a better place to live?”

Bill Maher
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 107 (permalink) Old 02-23-2014, 05:43 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

The sad fact is that the mom will probably get them both back anyway. Sigh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #43 of 107 (permalink) Old 02-23-2014, 05:49 PM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

I do not speak lightly here, I tried to get custody of my cousin's children-it didn't happen and I can only hope their mothers do right by them. Out of 9 children, 3 weren't "blood" but I was willing to care for them all, I fully realized that taking in NINE children was quite significant, but they are children and needed it. I'm not going to lie that your hesitation to take in Thor's (good Lord please change that child's name!!!) really breaks my heart. It's not his fault he has assholes for parents and I cannot imagine his heartbreak that his younger brother had family that loves him while he does not. Click here to enlarge

post #44 of 107 (permalink) Old 02-23-2014, 07:23 PM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

Quote:
But, if I feel he's going to hurt himself, others, my pets, whatever, he has to go.
"he has to go" makes him sound like a dog. what if this was Thor possibly harming himself, others, or your pets, would he have to go??

Like Annie it's a hard nock life...

"Let it be far from my feeble mental capacities to extrapolate on my myriad examples that in my field of business led me to my conclusion that it would be better safe than sorry."
Soapy - because she is smert.

Fuck you, Narnia!

http://www.sybermoms.com/forums/showthread.php?t=252503
post #45 of 107 (permalink) Old 02-23-2014, 07:54 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

The fact is they aren't used to being together. Grace has been rearing one.
post #46 of 107 (permalink) Old 02-23-2014, 07:56 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Also people are not bottomless wells and Grace may not be equipped to raise both boys. As sad as that is.
post #47 of 107 (permalink) Old 02-23-2014, 07:57 PM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

Send a message via Yahoo to mamashack
Well then it should fall to someone who is equipped to take both siblings

MAMA FOR POPE!

A POPE WHO COOKS!
post #48 of 107 (permalink) Old 02-23-2014, 08:12 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImaC View Post
Also people are not bottomless wells and Grace may not be equipped to raise both boys. As sad as that is.
I get that. I do.
post #49 of 107 (permalink) Old 02-23-2014, 09:00 PM
The noblest of savages

I don't.

“I don’t know why we don’t create some sort of system where we could train [Syrian refugees] to then go back to their own country and then fight for that country. Doesn’t somebody have to stay in the Middle East and make the Middle East a better place to live?”

Bill Maher
post #50 of 107 (permalink) Old 02-23-2014, 09:27 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

It boils down to what's right is not easy and what's easy isn't right.

It may not be entirely up to Grace bc of the lack of bio relation. I don't know how they decide.
post #51 of 107 (permalink) Old 02-24-2014, 04:21 AM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

please, Grace has already stated that if this toddler can't so much as get along with her fucking pets, "he has to go." If she can't handle two toddlers, she shouldn't be allowed to have one. Somebody should be fighting for these brothers to stay together, you would think that would be the grandmother, but obviously, she is not up to the task. Sickening.

post #52 of 107 (permalink) Old 02-24-2014, 05:48 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

I looked up the statutes last night and it sounds like she would be good to go if the child's bio family is not interested. The priority is family, then "interested parties," in other words, those with a relationship with the family, and after that emergency foster care. They also are legally bound to keep siblings together to the extent possible.

I think the thing that really strikes me is if Thor did not have Grace, he could very well have been just as deprived and delayed as the 4-year-old. It is not the kid's fault, poor thing.
post #53 of 107 (permalink) Old 02-24-2014, 05:54 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hester View Post
please, Grace has already stated that if this toddler can't so much as get along with her fucking pets, "he has to go." If she can't handle two toddlers, she shouldn't be allowed to have one. Somebody should be fighting for these brothers to stay together, you would think that would be the grandmother, but obviously, she is not up to the task. Sickening.

Grace is already financially strapped and two kids may be a financial situation she can't even get into let alone the emotional situation of coping with a severely abused child.

This child would be best served by a therapeutic foster home not being cared for by an already strapped and spent family just because he happens to have DNA in common with her grandson.

Also this is a fucking support forum.
post #54 of 107 (permalink) Old 02-24-2014, 06:17 AM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

you are such an oppositional ass Ima, and your grasping at straws to try to justify what is probably one of the cuntliest thing I have read here in a long time is almost as disgusting as what Grace is talking about doing.

I don't give a fuck what forum it is, this is disgusting.

post #55 of 107 (permalink) Old 02-24-2014, 06:21 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

You are disgusting. You and you attack here on someone who is dealing with a very difficult situation while not really equipped to manage it.
post #56 of 107 (permalink) Old 02-24-2014, 06:25 AM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

well, we are agreed on that, she is not equipped to deal with it. She has been wanting to get her hands on Thor since he was conceived, now she has him and she is talking about tossing his brother out with the trash. As far as I can see based on what Grace has said, he hasn't even been diagnosed with anything yet, so his biggest "Special Need" is that Grace doesn't want him.

post #57 of 107 (permalink) Old 02-24-2014, 06:26 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

You are a terrible human being.
post #58 of 107 (permalink) Old 02-24-2014, 06:30 AM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

the person who said this is a terrible human being:

Quote:
Originally Posted by graceiha View Post
I will, Pudin. I do know that if he does get out of control, I will ask them to take him. It's not that I don't care for him...I really do. But, if I feel he's going to hurt himself, others, my pets, whatever, he has to go. So far so good though!

post #59 of 107 (permalink) Old 02-24-2014, 06:33 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

No. That person is an overwhelmed ill equipped person who has suddenly inherited the massive responsibility of had two extra human beings.
post #60 of 107 (permalink) Old 02-24-2014, 06:45 AM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

Then they should both go to someone who can deal financially and emotionally. They are brothers. Dylan and Riley weren't raised together either, not until Riley was nearly 2. I can tell you without hesitation that the relationship between those two brothers is the most important connection in both their lives. It's about what's best for those two brothers, and imo that is a stable, financially secure home where their relationship can flourish and they both get what they so badly need.

I know someone who let her grandson go up for open adoption, knowing she was unequipped emotionally to raise him. She is very much involved in her grandson's life, and he has a wonderful, loving home parents who are financially and psychologically more than able to provide. This is no time to be selfish or sentimental.

Like Annie it's a hard nock life...

"Let it be far from my feeble mental capacities to extrapolate on my myriad examples that in my field of business led me to my conclusion that it would be better safe than sorry."
Soapy - because she is smert.

Fuck you, Narnia!

http://www.sybermoms.com/forums/showthread.php?t=252503

Tags
can't even care for a dog, imahugehypocrite, knaomiknowitall, sophieschoice

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sybermoms Parenting Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Do NOT use an AOL email address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in