This is a support forum - Sybermoms Parenting Forum
More Support Than Your 18-Hour Bra Stunned friends? Illness in the family? DH grating on your last nerve? Whatever has you overwhelmed, come on in for more support than an 18-hour bra can give you!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-02-2014, 03:18 PM Thread Starter
The noblest of savages

This is a support forum

Yes. It is. Just because people don't have to say "go you! You wreck that life of yours and everyone around you while we cheer you on" doesn't mean this isn't a support forum. It just isn't an enablers forum. If you want someone to tell you that your horrific life choices are fantastic then this isn't the place for you.

“I don’t know why we don’t create some sort of system where we could train [Syrian refugees] to then go back to their own country and then fight for that country. Doesn’t somebody have to stay in the Middle East and make the Middle East a better place to live?”

Bill Maher
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-02-2014, 03:20 PM Thread Starter
The noblest of savages

So to sum this up, if you are an Edith like on Downton, don't expect the Countess Granthams to stand around and pretend you are doing the right thing.

“I don’t know why we don’t create some sort of system where we could train [Syrian refugees] to then go back to their own country and then fight for that country. Doesn’t somebody have to stay in the Middle East and make the Middle East a better place to live?”

Bill Maher
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-02-2014, 04:32 PM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

I don't watch Downton Abbey. Could you use Real Housewives as an example? Any location would be fine! Beverly Hills, Atlanta, New Jersey, New York, Miami... I know 'em all! Thanks! Click here to enlarge

800 miles in 2015
336/800
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-02-2014, 05:01 PM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

Wait, people aren't supposed to give loving head pats to people who are going down and taking innocent children and animals down in their wake?
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-02-2014, 05:22 PM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

I don't watch either show. Can you make an analogy from Sesame Street?

You can act like the only choices are to say "Go you!" or to say "You're disgusting!" if you want, but we both know that's not true. There are gentler ways to tell someone they need to do something differently than "You make me sick". And if they've done something that can't be changed, then it's ok to just be silent.

I don't recall this type of thing occurring here in any of the years I've been in here, so I don't know why you are pretending this isn't a change. It is a change, so why pretend that people are going to get the support they've gotten here in the past? Things have changed. It happens and I can live with it. But I don't feel any obligation to pretend that what is going on in here is support or that this is the same ole support forum it was in the past? I don't understand the need for denials and pretense.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-02-2014, 07:25 PM Thread Starter
The noblest of savages

You are free to tell off anyone you think is too harsh.

Bill Maher
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-02-2014, 07:51 PM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

Of course I am. I know I'm not going to be censored on SMs. And I'll face the consequences of what I say just like anybody else. I'm just not big on telling people off, but I guess the mood might strike me.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-02-2014, 08:58 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

I didn't want buttfucks, I wanted some honest, objective advice. If I wanted someone to lie to me I'd call my exhole.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-03-2014, 12:29 PM Thread Starter
The noblest of savages

Click here to enlarge

Bill Maher
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-12-2020, 06:48 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

For I know the plans I have for you,” says the LORD . “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.
Jeremiah 29:11 Click here to enlarge

baton rouge acupuncture
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-12-2020, 06:49 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Thanks for sharing this. I really appreciate you. Click here to enlarge
pain management memphis tn

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sybermoms Parenting Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Do NOT use an AOL email address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in