I'm losing it. - Sybermoms Parenting Forum
More Support Than Your 18-Hour Bra Stunned friends? Illness in the family? DH grating on your last nerve? Whatever has you overwhelmed, come on in for more support than an 18-hour bra can give you!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-08-2003, 05:48 AM Thread Starter
I'm so lame it hurts

Unhappy I'm losing it.

With everything going on with my son (please see post on ME), I feel like I'm falling apart Click here to enlarge I'm breaking out in hives, my stomach's upset...and this house...omD this house. I haven't done dishes or laundry since all this happened. I can't bring myself to get up and do them. Dh is no help, he's working all the time and hardly here.

This is my JOB dammit. I am his mother, his advocate, his voice. But why do I feel so guilty because I feel like I'm having a breakdown? He doesn't know it. On the outside, especially in front of him, I'm calm and I have it all together. But I'm a mess on the inside.

Any suggestions on how to calm down and get my shit together? Thanks for listening.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-08-2003, 06:04 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Send a message via Yahoo to BigEthel
graceihaClick here to enlarge

Girl you need to get up and do your house cleaning. Do those dishes and clean that tub. Things are going to get better but it is going to be a struggle. Sitting around and being depressed is ok, but you are showing it to your son whether you know it or not. Kids know when moms are not themselves by the neglect of normal household routines.

Do something for you and your son today. Just the two of you even if it is just a picnic on your living room floor. Get something fun going like a game or make a art collage together. Hell pull out a baby book and read it to him and look at pictures.
It will make you smile.

I know the depression that sits in your stomach like a ball of cement. I am so sorry that you are going through this. Click here to enlarge

I am on my way out to watch a friends 7 month oldClick here to enlarge I wanted to talk more but she just called...ugh wish me luck. It has been a long time since I changed a dirty diaper. Oh lord why did I say yes! Click here to enlarge

Kim
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-08-2003, 06:44 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Keeping busy by getting housework and such done might keep your mind off of it for a while. I'm so sorry that you guys are going through this and I hope that things get better soon.
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-08-2003, 09:01 AM
Babyface
Ambulance Chaser

I am so, so sorry about what is going on with your ds. Click here to enlarge ita with the housework idea. You do need something to get your mind off of this. Can you take your ds to the park or food shopping? When you get back, maybe you'll feel up to doing something around the house. I find that when I get depressed, if I start doing dishes, I end up doing everything. I can't stop myself. I feel so much better afterwards, too. I hope you feel better very soon, and I hope you figure out what to do about your ex.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-08-2003, 05:02 PM
snipsnips?
Ambulance Chaser

sorry things are so tuff, i try and keep busy when things get that ((tuff))

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sybermoms Parenting Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Do NOT use an AOL email address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in