Its weird - Sybermoms Parenting Forum
More Support Than Your 18-Hour Bra Stunned friends? Illness in the family? DH grating on your last nerve? Whatever has you overwhelmed, come on in for more support than an 18-hour bra can give you!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-16-2014, 06:15 PM Thread Starter
Holy crap they actually sat together and smiled
Hard-Core Sybermom

Send a message via Yahoo to Coralblur
Its weird

If you are on my fb, you probably know that I post way too much on fb. I know this. For some reason, I can't bring myself to post about my mom. Which I don't think is unnatural but it also makes me the only person not sharing my mom's fundraising thing which has me feeling really guilty. I just can't do it. I just don't know how to put that kind of shit out there. What makes me feel even guiltier is that I am the one that led the fundraising efforts for my friend's little girl and I didn't think twice about it.

So my mom starts chemo and radiation on June 2. Radiation 5 days a week for I forget how long. Chemo 5 days on, 2 days off, 1 day on, 3 weeks off and repeat for a total of 36 treatments. She posted a pic of her ct scan and the tumor takes up so much of her lung it is scary. She has asked me to do pics of her and stepdad before she begins treatment, so that is the plan for memorial day weekend. She wants to have pics done after as well.

I have been a big crybaby mess who is set off by anything and everything. Its so completely not me and I don't like it. DH is trying to be supportive and he is being a good guy but I don't think he knows how to handle me like this.

An amazing charity
Please remind your children what to do if their clothing catches fire. It could save their life.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-17-2014, 05:12 AM
Punk Kids - 12 Years Old & 7 Years Old

Send a message via Yahoo to PunkassPie
Coral Click here to enlarge This all sounds so very hard. I never cry but I was also a big crybaby mess when my mom was going through her chemo and radiation. We didn't tell the kids for about 9 months so I spent a lot of time crying in the car, or the shower, or the bathroom, or in bed at night...Click here to enlarge. It's your mom and it's scary. Don't worry about not doing enough on FB.

It's not a feeling, it's a knowing.

Trippin

Diva ~
Quote:
I'll buck the trend, I don't think her kids are all that in the cute department. not all kids are cute. they have other attributes that make up for that, but look at tweedle's aiden, that is a cute kid. and your kids mel, those are adorable kids. Her's are average. I wouldn't take a second look passing her on the street.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-17-2014, 07:56 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

I think there are some things that are too precious for Facebook. You haven't done anything wrong.
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-17-2014, 08:50 AM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

You're still trying to wrap your head around all this. Click here to enlarge. Don't be too hard on yourself. If and when you feel comfortable you can post about it, but if that time never comes that's ok too.

It's one thing to post, "It's rainy and I really don't feel like going to work today!" or, "Look at my cute kids!" than to post about this.

"Hands that help are far better than lips that pray."

--Robert G. Ingersoll (1833-1899)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sybermoms Parenting Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Do NOT use an AOL email address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in