An update - Sybermoms Parenting Forum
More Support Than Your 18-Hour Bra Stunned friends? Illness in the family? DH grating on your last nerve? Whatever has you overwhelmed, come on in for more support than an 18-hour bra can give you!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-09-2014, 06:11 AM Thread Starter
Holy crap they actually sat together and smiled
Hard-Core Sybermom

Send a message via Yahoo to Coralblur
An update

If anyone cares Click here to enlarge

So my mom is done with radiation and some chemo. She was supposed to have round 3 of chemo last week but she has developed diabetes so they had to get her sugar under control. She is now on insulin injections.

She has also developed a heart arrhythmia so they put her on a beta blocker. She has the cough again so they did another scan looking for some lung complication that I can't recall the name. So good news - she doesn't have that complication. Her tumor has also shrunk from 6.5 cm to 4.8cm so the treatment is working Click here to enlarge

My goofy ass decision to work 2 jobs for the price of one is biting me in the ass a bit Click here to enlarge I know the long term outlook for job #2 is so much better but it blows working 45 hours a week and adding 6 hours a week commute time to make the same money I was doing 40 hours a week at job 1. DH said I could always quit one of them if it was too much - I may have Click here to enlarge down into a stressed out PMS tantrum last week Click here to enlarge - but I am trying to get as much into savings as possible. Which would be a lot easier if I didn't need to do shit like buy new appliances Click here to enlarge

School is school. It sucks but I am committed and I will finish this bullshit. I feel like this degree plus my experience at job 1 and the training provided by job 2 might actually get me into something reasonable. I still kick myself for the teaching degree choosing to go bio. I could teach if I was willing to move but I am not doing that to my kids. Should have done math if I was going to do the teaching thing - better yet, I should have gone for the business degree from the start. I'm so tired of trying to make responsible decisions only to have them blow up in my face.

In 4 years, we will be free to go wherever opportunity takes us. I'm excited by the idea of not being tied down but I am also Click here to enlarge because in less than 4 years, all of my kids will have graduated and it makes me feel old and sad Click here to enlarge

I totally dreamed I was pg last night Click here to enlarge Its getting to me.

An amazing charity
Please remind your children what to do if their clothing catches fire. It could save their life.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-09-2014, 06:26 AM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

Click here to enlarge. You have an absurd amount of stuff on your plate right now. I don't know how you're keeping all those balls in the air.

"Hands that help are far better than lips that pray."

--Robert G. Ingersoll (1833-1899)
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-09-2014, 08:37 AM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

Oh my goodness, I'm exhausted just reading that. I'm so glad your mom's treatments are working! Try to take a breath every once in a while.
post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-09-2014, 03:18 PM Thread Starter
Hard-Core Sybermom

Also, part of what freaked me out was that I thought my brother was helping my mom, which he is with driving her to appointments and keeping a good attitude BUT my brother is also a slob, as is my stepdad so they are creating work that my mom, for some crazy reason, feels obligated to do. I really want to kick both their asses Click here to enlarge so I'm going to have to make some extra time (extra Click here to enlarge) to stop in and help on that front - either by helping with cleaning or kicking my little brother's ass Click here to enlarge

An amazing charity
Please remind your children what to do if their clothing catches fire. It could save their life.
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-09-2014, 04:38 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Click here to enlarge Click here to enlarge
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-11-2014, 06:57 AM
Punk Kids - 12 Years Old & 7 Years Old

Send a message via Yahoo to PunkassPie
That is a lot. You should totally quit one of the jobs!

It's not a feeling, it's a knowing.

Trippin

Diva ~
Quote:
I'll buck the trend, I don't think her kids are all that in the cute department. not all kids are cute. they have other attributes that make up for that, but look at tweedle's aiden, that is a cute kid. and your kids mel, those are adorable kids. Her's are average. I wouldn't take a second look passing her on the street.
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-11-2014, 08:18 AM Thread Starter
Hard-Core Sybermom

I'm going to end up doing just that. Right now we are all enjoying jen's Sunday freak out instead where I cry and act like a baby and dh tries to be supportive Click here to enlarge

To be fair to the man, he has almost completely taken over all the cooking and cleaning - which isn't really fair either since he has a stressful 50+ hour a week job. I need to get my girls on board more. They are more than old enough to take on some of the household stuff but they suck at it Click here to enlarge I have totally failed as a mother in that department Click here to enlarge

An amazing charity
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-11-2014, 02:40 PM Thread Starter
Hard-Core Sybermom

Oh hey - today I got a nice big reminder why big corporations fucking suck and that anything related to sales is so not my bag. The company dh works for - and my second job- just completely dicked him over and lost him his number one account. They also changed the pay structure for his commission which starts next month which would not have had much effect before but losing this very very big account will now fuck him twice. Oh! And they are also restructuring his commission starting next year that any inventory that doesn't move from his store - even if he didn't order it - is going to cost him 1% taken from his commission. This is the company that is supposedly a better opportunity? In theory, sure. The reality is fuck this shit. I am hoping that I can go back to full time at job 1. Business is picking up and I have solidified what I ultimately want to do (safety) and the big boss has several plants lacking in comprehensive safety programs. I need to set up a meeting. I guess I should be thankful that they made the decision for me? In the meantime, my husband, (who is on the patch right now so this is awesome Click here to enlarge) is going to come home for a pity party in a bottle and peruse around monster.com.

An amazing charity
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-11-2014, 04:30 PM Thread Starter
Hard-Core Sybermom

That is a long, shitty, phone typo paragraph Click here to enlarge

Sorry. They screwed with dh and I am just freaking mad. Like can barely see straight angry. I will get over it. Life at my house lately... woo!! Click here to enlarge

An amazing charity
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-11-2014, 04:39 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Click here to enlarge Click here to enlarge
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-19-2014, 03:58 PM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

omfg what a bunch of dickbags. Click here to enlarge

Lord, make me an instrument of your peace. Where there is hatred, let me sow love; where there is injury, pardon; where there is doubt, faith; where there is despair, hope; where there is darkness, light; and where there is sadness, joy.
post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-19-2014, 10:22 PM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

That really sucks. I hope you're able to go to full-time at the other job.

post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-21-2014, 07:58 PM
Samantha Louise, 12 years old on 1/14/16
Hard-Core Sybermom

Jen I hope you can get it all straightened out. Good luck.

--cited as one of sybermoms' most normal members.

http://365project.org/iowafalduto/365
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-21-2014, 08:02 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Shit, I am tired for you. I'm sorry there is so much going on right now. Click here to enlarge
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-22-2014, 03:25 AM Thread Starter
Hard-Core Sybermom

You guys are awesome.

Full time at job #1 isn't going to happen. I will just leave it at that. I am dropping a day a week at job #2. If I take an extra class per term, I can cut my school from 4 terms to 3 and that will make losing the income worth it. I will actually come out ahead. I work one class at a time so it isn't extra in the day to day and a full day without husband or kids should help.

I've got my resume out there. Something better will come. In the mean time I will make school my bitch Click here to enlarge

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

An amazing charity
post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-22-2014, 06:51 AM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

Girl, you are crazy lol. I have never been able to manage work kids and school. Hopefully, you find something new soon.

Tapatalk is where the typos are at.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sybermoms Parenting Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Do NOT use an AOL email address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in