I am so depressed - Sybermoms Parenting Forum
More Support Than Your 18-Hour Bra Stunned friends? Illness in the family? DH grating on your last nerve? Whatever has you overwhelmed, come on in for more support than an 18-hour bra can give you!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-11-2003, 10:42 AM
angel wings
Ambulance Chaser

I am so depressed

I think I'm seriously having a problem. I have been crying all day and I feel like I can't breath. The boys have been really quiet today thank doG because I think I'd have a break down if they weren't. I HATE mothers day, I HATE my boyfriend because he won't help with the babies, I HATE my mother because she hasn't so much as CALLED me or anything. I swear if I didn't have the boys to worry about I'd just pack my stuff and go where noone knows me. Will SOMEBODY PLEASE tell em that I'm not going COMPLETELY nuts?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-11-2003, 10:45 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Hi angelwings. Sorry you are having such a bad day. How old are your babies? Have you been feeling overwhelmed for a while? Is it possible you have post-partum depression? I know quite a few women who have gone through the baby blues or worse. Can you get out for a walk (even with the babies), fresh air always makes me feel better. Or get someone in (local teen, friend) to help you out, give you a break?
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-11-2003, 11:05 AM
angel wings
Ambulance Chaser

my twins are a little over 2 months old and I've been progressively feeling worse and worse for about a month. I don't know anything about that postpartum depression but I do know I'm feeling dangerously depressed. Right now it's too cold to take the babies out but I HOPE my boyfriend will be home soon so HE can watch them. Even if it's only for a tiny amount of time. If he wasn't such an asshole maybe I wouldn't be sitting here in tears all day. Click here to enlarge
post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-11-2003, 11:10 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Get thee to a doctor. Are the babes due for a well baby check soon? Have you already gone in for your post delivery check up?

Make an appointment, and tell your doctor how you are feeling. There is no reason for you to just suffer through this.

Feel better Click here to enlarge
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-11-2003, 12:14 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Send a message via Yahoo to Barbie
Get to a dr. You sound depressed, and two month old twins are a lot of work.

When the dr starts treatment, you will be able to be in a better frame of mind to get control of your unhappiness. Sounds like you need to have a serious talk with your SO - your babies are so young and you really do need help! He's thier father and should be stepping up the plate, don't feel guilty for insisting he pulls his weight!
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-11-2003, 01:59 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Send a message via AIM to gingah Send a message via Yahoo to gingah Send a message via Skype™ to gingah
Click here to enlarge Click here to enlarge Click here to enlarge

Sounds like PPD to me too. BTDT. Get to the doctor ASAP. Describe exactly how you are feeling - overwhelmed, overemotional, whatever it is. Write down the feelings between now and the appt even.

It's a big step to talk to someone about this, but it is very worth it. I've been taking an antidepressant since January, Zoloft, I only wish I had of clued in sooner.

Take care. Click here to enlarge
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-11-2003, 05:56 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Ditto on all of the above. It is so much better for you and the little ones to get a bit of help. I hope you will be feeling better.
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-11-2003, 06:46 PM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

My ppd didn't really get underway until about 5 or so weeks post partum.

You should definitely call your doctor and get some zoloft or prozac or some other anti-depressant. I agree there's no reason to suffer through this; and it's not good for your twins, either!
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-11-2003, 06:49 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

I agree with the rest, sounds like PPD so I would be calling the doc first thing tomorrow. Good Luck
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-11-2003, 08:49 PM
ripleysmom
Ambulance Chaser

Yeah, what they said!
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-12-2003, 06:14 AM
angel wings
Ambulance Chaser

Thank you ladies, I'm feeling a bit better today. My mother came and got the boys for the night and I slept till 6 this morning. Last night my SOs mother came over with a gift for me that was MUCH needed. It was the movie Ice Age and I REALLY needed the laughter it pried out of me. I haven't laughed like that in MONTHS! I'm calling the dr this morning and am going to let him know whats going on with me. See if he can prescribe something without an office visit. I REALLY don't want to go see him but will if he deems it necessary. Thanks again for the advice and letting me vent. Click here to enlarge
post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-12-2003, 06:19 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

I am glad you are taking steps. I would suggest however, that you do leave the house to go see the doctor. You will be amazed at what a trip out, with a purpose, can do. Make it short and sweet so you don't get stressed, but do get out.

I bet he will want to see you anyways. I don't know of many docs who prescribe meds via the telephone, especially a brand new script and not a refill Click here to enlarge
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-12-2003, 06:30 AM
Hard-Core Sybermom

Glad you're feeling a little better and I'm even more glad you're calling your doc.

I can't imagine how overwhelming twins can be--add a SO that doesn't help and a little PPD to the mix and it's no wonder you had such a bad day.

I hope your doc can help you out and the laughter starts coming much more easily!
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-12-2003, 07:39 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Send a message via AIM to gingah Send a message via Yahoo to gingah Send a message via Skype™ to gingah
Click here to enlarge w/ moutHy.

And I'm glad you got a decent night's sleep. Click here to enlarge

The doc will probably want to see you, but it will be worth it for meds to help w/ PPD.

Please keep us posted. Click here to enlarge
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-12-2003, 02:33 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

I don't have any suggestions on the PPD, but twins are tough on sleep and energy. Hang in there. Soon summer will be here and you can get out of the house with them for walks and fresh air. They will probably love listening and watching the big kids at the park. Try not worry too much if you feel like you are hanging on by the seat of your pants with two babies, that's normal! Get help with PPD and try to get out with the babies, it can be exhausting physically, but so worth it.
post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-14-2003, 12:29 PM
Nerdy Girl
Ambulance Chaser

Sounds like

PPD to me too. I was diagnosed 2 weeks post partum and have been on various anti-depressants.

I really suggest seeing a Dr. Anti-depressants are so helpful.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sybermoms Parenting Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Do NOT use an AOL email address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in