Going away for a week! - Sybermoms Parenting Forum
More Support Than Your 18-Hour Bra Stunned friends? Illness in the family? DH grating on your last nerve? Whatever has you overwhelmed, come on in for more support than an 18-hour bra can give you!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-12-2003, 09:25 PM
Momma2oneGirl
Ambulance Chaser

Talking Going away for a week!

I am going to FL to pick up my little girl! Right after Easter, she went home with my mother (To FL, we live in MO) for a few weeks with her Nana.. well, I miss her sooooo much, so I am going to visit my family and bring my baby back home! It has been nice to have a break, and be able to do things with Dh and friends without having to worry about DD, but I am so ready for her to be back! I'll be back with a wonderful new tan!! See ya next week!! Click here to enlarge

Jenn
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-13-2003, 01:35 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Umm, you sent your less than 6 mo old daughter away for a couple of weeks? I know this is a support forum, but I find that really odd. Well, good to hear you're excited to have her back.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-13-2003, 08:35 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Ok, so I know I'm a big fat cherry, but am I allowed to call Click here to enlarge on this one??
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-13-2003, 11:00 AM
Momma2oneGirl
Ambulance Chaser

Why do people fin dit odd that my daughter gets to spend time with her grandma so young? I guess people just don't understand the situation. My mom has been wanting grandkids for 11 years and she finally has one and hardly ever gets to see her b/c we live about 900 miles apart. My mohter adores the time she gets with DD and DH and I enjoy the breaks that we get! Granted this is the longest she has been away, and I don't think we would do it for this long again, but it was the only way. We couldn't get a ticket for sooner... I guess I don't really care what others think.. it is what works for us.. gives DH and I time alone (which we would not get otherwise) and it allows DD and my family to spend time together! So its a win-win situation, and if you don't understand.. or deep down are jealous that you don't get time alone to do as you please.. well then.. just mind your own business!!
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-13-2003, 12:16 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Quote:
Originally posted by Momma2oneGirl
So its a win-win situation, and if you don't understand.. or deep down are jealous that you don't get time alone to do as you please.. well then.. just mind your own business!!
I am not particularly jealous. SO and I went out to a movie for Mothers Day, and afterwards we commented on how that even we haven't been out sans child for months it wasn't that big of a deal. We're nostalgic about pre-baby life, but we don't feel this need to try to recreate it. We try to spend quality time with each other when we can, when she is napping or in bed.

If it works for your family, fine. I just know that when my baby was 4 months old I was so focused on her, learning how to be a mom, how to be attentive to her cues, becoming attached, that leaving her for a couple of weeks would've been impossible. My mom did offer to take our DD when we moved out of state so we could get settled in, and I said no. But that's my family, and works for us.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-13-2003, 02:56 PM
Momma2oneGirl
Ambulance Chaser

Empress, thas great, and this works for our family... DH and I aren't trying t 're-create' pre baby days, cause we never had pre baby days.. I have been preggo since 2 weeks after getting married, so there is nothing to RE create!! But that is besides the point.. this works for us, and that is all that matters!!
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-13-2003, 04:40 PM
snipsnips?
Ambulance Chaser

sounds wonderful take a tan for me please
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-13-2003, 05:55 PM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

Have a safe trip.

Carry me home down The Highway of Heroes.
People above with their flags flying low.
Carry me softly, down The Highway of Heroes.
True Patriot Love,
There was never more.

Watch it

post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-13-2003, 07:04 PM
Nova
Ambulance Chaser

Have a safe trip.

Nova

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sybermoms Parenting Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Do NOT use an AOL email address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in