I'm so excited! (long) - Sybermoms Parenting Forum
More Support Than Your 18-Hour Bra Stunned friends? Illness in the family? DH grating on your last nerve? Whatever has you overwhelmed, come on in for more support than an 18-hour bra can give you!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-25-2003, 11:06 AM Thread Starter
Ambulance Chaser

I'm so excited! (long)

3 years ago we moved into a house owned by dh's gma (we pay rent). It is over one hundred years old and a historical monument so we can't remodel or change it in anyway but it's cute and has a HUGE backyard.
It's two bedrooms - one small downstairs, one huge one that takes up the whole top floor.
Well, for the last three years ds has been upstairs because dh was convinced we wouldn't be able to get our king size bed up the stairs (really small hallways and doorways - I guess people were smaller back then! Click here to enlarge)

Anyways, dd was born, she slept in our room in the pack n play - she had a crib upstairs but never used it. New baby on the way freaked me out! Where the hell are we going to put him? Our bedroom was tiny!

So, DH was bound and determined to get our bed upstairs and switch with ds. WE DID IT!!!

Thank doG...Now we are upstairs (with plenty of room for both babies in our room, crib, bassinet, dresser, changing table, our bed, nightstands, TV/VCR center etc...this room used to be the attic so you get my drift.
Ds is downstairs and loves it.
This allowed us to take the dresser/changing table out of the living room and make a sitting/toy/play area by moving one of our couches and our whole house looks/feels different.

I feel like I just moved into the house we should have had this whole time!

We have slept up there the past three nights - dd in her crib for the first time ever and it is wonderful.

Ahhh, I feel like I have come home at last.... Click here to enlarge
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-25-2003, 12:12 PM
Ambulance Chaser

Click here to enlarge Your excitement is contagious!
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-25-2003, 02:11 PM
Ambulance Chaser

Isn't it incredible? You move a few things around and you have a different home. Enjoy! Click here to enlarge
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-25-2003, 02:28 PM
Eryn
Ambulance Chaser

That's great! I'm glad you are enjoying the new arrangement!
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-27-2003, 08:37 AM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

Click here to enlarge We can't even fit a queen size in our bedroom because of the stairs. Click here to enlarge

goobie grab her yuni eeek!

To err is human, so... uh... - Gary King
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-27-2003, 09:24 AM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

Send a message via Yahoo to Harlot
Click here to enlarge Great news! Click here to enlarge

I never thought I could...
Steady feet, don't fail me now

I don't remember what day this is without coffee, but it's a day and it's going.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-29-2003, 09:53 AM
Ambulance Chaser

WOW that sounds great!
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-30-2003, 06:44 AM
Jane
Ambulance Chaser

I love rearranging furniture. Makes you feel like you have a new place all over again.

Glad to hear things worked out.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-24-2021, 08:19 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Quote:
Originally Posted by lil devil View Post
3 years ago we moved into a house owned by dh's gma (we pay rent). It is over one hundred years old and a historical monument so we can't remodel or change it in anyway but it's cute and has a HUGE backyard.
It's two bedrooms - one small downstairs, one huge one that takes up the whole top floor.
Well, for the last three years ds has been upstairs because dh was convinced we wouldn't be able to get our king size bed up the stairs (really small hallways and doorways - I guess people were smaller back then! Click here to enlarge)

Anyways, dd was born, she slept in our room in the pack n play - she had a crib upstairs but never used it. New baby on the way freaked me out! Where the hell are we going to put him? Our bedroom was tiny!

So, DH was bound and determined to get our bed upstairs and switch with ds. WE DID IT!!!

Thank doG...Now we are upstairs (with plenty of room for both babies in our room, crib, bassinet, dresser, changing table, our bed, nightstands, TV/VCR center etc...this room used to be the attic so you get my drift.
Ds is downstairs and loves it.
This allowed us to take the dresser/changing table out of the living room and make a sitting/toy/play area by moving one of our couches and our whole house looks/feels different.

I feel like I just moved into the house we should have had this whole time!

We have slept up there the past three nights - dd in her crib for the first time ever and it is wonderful.

Ahhh, I feel like I have come home at last.... Click here to enlarge
Same here.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sybermoms Parenting Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Do NOT use an AOL email address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in