Sybermoms Parenting Forum - View Single Post - More than Troubled Teen
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 05-08-2015, 06:01 AM Thread Starter
Christle75
Unsupportive Freeloader

More than Troubled Teen

I am looking for advice and support with my 16 year old teenage boy. He has been in a great deal of trouble in the past including a 10 month stay in a juvenile facility. He was diagnosed ADHD, ODD, Bipolar, Mood Disorder and he's not easy to deal with. He is violent and angry about something all the time. Despite every attempt I've made at being a good parent by getting counseling and medicating him, he continues to be the bane of my existence. That is a sad realization for me when I feel like I hate my own kid most days.
His recent tirades have included punching holes in the walls of his bedroom and the kitchen (in my brand new house) and kicking holes in the doors of his bedroom. All these things happen because I either limit his wifi usage or ask him to unlock the door to take his meds. The cops won't do anything because they say it's his house too. He's been trespassed from one alternative school and now basically refuses to go to another or gives the teachers nothing but grief when he's there. He will be 17 in the fall and I'm at my wit's end! Looking for some advice...please don't tell me to spank him, he's almost 6 feet tall and weighs about 180 so that's not gonna happen.
Thanks,
C

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome