Are you pleased with the number of children you have? - Page 3 - Sybermoms Parenting Forum
Domestic Goddesses A place for SAHMs to discuss the finer points of bon-bons and what's new on all the soaps.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 55 (permalink) Old 04-22-2003, 07:35 AM
Cat Shit
Ambulance Chaser

Nope. Thats why I keep popping 'em out!
I've always wanted a large family and am currently cooking #3.
The other 2 are 8 and 18 months.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 55 (permalink) Old 04-22-2003, 12:27 PM
Ambulance Chaser

We only have DD, and she just turned 2. I would be completely satisfied to only have her, but I'm not against the idea of having more. DH very much wants at least one more, and would like to ttc soon. I'm not in such a hurry. Not only am I completely happy with DD, but I'm not ready to deal with possible miscarriages or premature delivery again just yet. I wouldn't be disappointed if I became pregnant, but ideally I'd like to wait a bit.
post #43 of 55 (permalink) Old 04-24-2003, 05:34 AM
eatmeallup
Ambulance Chaser

Click here to enlarge I have three boys 18, 3.5 and 3 months. Click here to enlarge :calvin :calvin I'M DONE!! Click here to enlargeno
post #44 of 55 (permalink) Old 04-24-2003, 07:59 PM
mymsie
Ambulance Chaser

I have one 5 month old, and I think she might be enough..."I wouldn't take a million for this one, but I wouldn't give a penney for another"
post #45 of 55 (permalink) Old 04-24-2003, 08:14 PM
Ambulance Chaser

Yes, I couldn't financially support anymore children. I have an 8 yo dd, 2 yo ds, and a 1 yo dd. Lately I don't have time to go pee, much less think about more kids.
post #46 of 55 (permalink) Old 04-24-2003, 08:49 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

we have the one and i am finally content. (i had baby fever for years after ds (now 4) was born, but dh kept putting it off saying it wasn't the right time with his deployments and all.)

and now that ds is weaned, in his own bed, etc things are pretty calm here. plus we are cramped for space, so i have no idea where i'd put another baby. and now dh wants to go back to college at nights, so i'd be alone with the baby all the time anyway (as if he were deployed).

and i think of all the great things we can do for ds if he is an only. (not talking fancy clothes, but talking about college, extracurriculars, etc) we go out together, the three of us and have a nice time, reading books and drinking hot chocolate.... Click here to enlarge i just love our life right now.

i sometimes think it would be nice to have another baby, but my preg with ds was so difficult and he was a very high-needs baby.... but i'm not going to say never. Click here to enlarge i'm keeping my options open. (my dr would kill me if he heard that i was postponing. he gave me 2 years to have a baby -endo and pcos- and it's been almost 2 years - next month - since he told me that.
post #47 of 55 (permalink) Old 04-24-2003, 09:29 PM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

We go back and forth with wanting another Click here to enlarge. Ds is about 7 months old and I sometimes think I'd be happy with just him and then sometimes I want another one soon. I just can't decide. I think we're just gonna see what happens. My absolute limit is 2 so if we do have another one in the next few years we will do something permanent so we don't have any more.

Comparison is the thief of joy-Theodore Roosevelt
post #48 of 55 (permalink) Old 04-24-2003, 09:48 PM
Hopeish
Ambulance Chaser

I definitely want one more. Maybe even two. It just depends how we are financially. I hate the thought of working with the next baby. I'd like to stay home and just work weekends. HA! Of course, I could always dream right?
post #49 of 55 (permalink) Old 04-24-2003, 11:13 PM
mommamegan
Ambulance Chaser

We only have one and would like to have at least one more. But not right now. She is a lot to handle right now. She's been learning how to get into everything lately. Starting to stand alone and will be walking soon. We definetly need to wait a while longer.
post #50 of 55 (permalink) Old 04-25-2003, 07:14 PM
RJsMum
Ambulance Chaser

Nope we are not done. We want to have one more and adopt one. Ds is only 6 mos old and so we are waitng another 2 years atleast. I don't think I want two in diapers. But we are tossing around the idea on when we want to adopt.

Luke's Mom I love you signature line my dh LIVES by the Simpson'sClick here to enlarge
post #51 of 55 (permalink) Old 04-27-2003, 12:30 AM
Ambulance Chaser

I have four and I would really love to have two more. But I have neither the physical/mental strength nor the support that I need to pull it off.
post #52 of 55 (permalink) Old 04-27-2003, 08:30 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Yes and no. As my kids get older I am really enjoying our time. I love just lying in bed and talking with my 3 yo. The two of them together are great. I love the way they love each other.

I may at some point want another but if I didn't have anymore I would be just as happy.
post #53 of 55 (permalink) Old 04-27-2003, 08:38 PM
Betty
Ambulance Chaser

I have two. I would like one more. I love being pregnant, it's such a great feeling. And I have serious baby lust, I always get that way in the Spring.
After I have one more, I would like to start
fostering. I've always wanted to foster.
post #54 of 55 (permalink) Old 04-28-2003, 09:49 AM
Ambulance Chaser

I have one boy, 17 months. I swore after he was born that I would never, ever, ever do that insane thing again. Isn't it interesting that just a little bit of time alters your memory to the point that you'll agree to push a big fat baby out of your vagina again?

I want one more. Not for a few years, though... I really want a lot more time with just me and my little beast. I really like our relationship and don't want to detract from it for a while. Anybody else think like that about having another child? Do you (or did you) worry about fucking up a perfect dynamic?
post #55 of 55 (permalink) Old 04-29-2003, 12:26 PM
catlvr976
Ambulance Chaser

No, only have one and want at least 2 more! Click here to enlarge

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sybermoms Parenting Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Do NOT use an AOL email address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in