Do you miss your work clothes? - Sybermoms Parenting Forum
Domestic Goddesses A place for SAHMs to discuss the finer points of bon-bons and what's new on all the soaps.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-15-2003, 09:24 AM Thread Starter
Unsupportive Freeloader

Send a message via Yahoo to queenbitch
Do you miss your work clothes?

I hate casual clothes. I loved wearing my suits, dresses and heels to work. Now I have a whole closet full of them and I really miss them. I went to a funeral and was actually thrilled to wear a suit again. Am I a freak? I don't know what to do with all these clothes either. Should I sell them on ebay? I really can't bear to part with them though. A lot of them I had just bought in the year before I had ds. I don't know when I will be returning to work, I have no immediate plans to do so, but I really love my clothes. I hate wearing jeans and casual stuff all the time. Ugh...Maybe I'll sell all but my favorites. I really am a clothes junkie.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-15-2003, 10:32 AM
Beauty in flight
Hard-Core Sybermom

Location: On my lazy ass in this computer chair when I should be cleaning my house

Send a message via Yahoo to Turbo
I have always been more of a "dressy" person than a jeans & tennies kind of girl. I was probably the only person in my office who was sad when the dress code went from professional (suits) to business casual (khakis). Click here to enlarge

I've been home 20 months now and I've just finally started to feel more comfortable in casual clothes. I still feel more confident when I am dressed up though. I did find that it helped a lot when I finally saved up some money to buy some cuter, more in-style casual clothes. Also, I'm finally at the stage where I can where cuter clothes without getting drool, baby food, etc, on them. Click here to enlarge
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-15-2003, 11:15 AM
Ambulance Chaser

I don't! I hate work clothes. Sure, I look great in them, but I feel restricted and uncomfortable.

I agree with turbotitties that stylish casual clothes are a good solution. Banana Republic has a good selection of those, as does maxstudio.com.

If I were you, I would carefully examine my closets, get rid (donate or sell) of anything that I haven't worn in a couple of years, incorporate as much of the rest into my casual wardrobe (perhaps wearing the pants and not the whole suit, or wearing a blouse with a pair of stylish jeans and strappy sandals). The rest I would dry clean, store in breathable storage bags for a couple of years, and then revisit the issue.
post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-15-2003, 12:39 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Send a message via AIM to Box of Rain Send a message via MSN to Box of Rain Send a message via Yahoo to Box of Rain Send a message via Skype™ to Box of Rain
Not even a little bit.
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-15-2003, 12:45 PM
Ambulance Chaser

Another reason I loved my job so much. Work clothes just had to be clean Click here to enlarge I had I think 2 "professional" suits and one was a maternity suit. I wore both one time each when helping to beg for money for my shelter. Other then that it was mostly jeans or sweats as I spent a lot of time playing with kids in the backyard.

sigh...stop these threads. I miss my job so much right now Click here to enlarge
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-15-2003, 03:57 PM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

I do miss my work clothes. I also miss being able to fit into them (something I haven't been able to do since having the kids). Sigh.
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-15-2003, 10:37 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Not me. Pantyhose should be outlawed.
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-15-2003, 11:38 PM
Ambulance Chaser

Don't miss them at all, all that drycleaning was the pits!
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-16-2003, 01:28 AM
BettyBlu
Ambulance Chaser

Just thinking of my sweaty stinky uniform. I am grateful I don't have to wear it anymore.
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-16-2003, 05:17 AM
Ambulance Chaser

Sometimes. I really have a TON of clothes. We go out a lot, so I'm still wearing a lot of things.
post #11 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-16-2003, 07:58 AM
Ambulance Chaser

Yes, I miss my old old suits and cute dresses (plus I had a place to wear my jewlery). I highly doubt I can fit in them now though.....that was two babies ago.
post #12 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-16-2003, 09:28 PM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

No I don't miss them at all. I seriously hated wearing suits and sensible shoes all the time! Especially when it was 90 outside and I had to wear all those clothes and nylons. I love casual clothes and tennis shoes.
post #13 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-16-2003, 10:04 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

I pretty much wear the same things now that I did when I was working. It was a business casual atmosphere - cropped/capri pants, denim shirts, "clean" t's, panythose NOT required.
post #14 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-17-2003, 06:46 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Send a message via Yahoo to Cosmo
not at all!
post #15 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-17-2003, 07:15 PM
Ferrety
Ambulance Chaser

I miss them. When I got pregnant, I didn't buy any maternity jeans because I knew I would feel dumpy and out of the "real" world anyway, since I had just quit my job. I spent most of my pregnancy in maternity dresses, forever looking like I had somewhere to go. Now I can't fit into my nice clothes anymore and I wear sweat pants at home. I've just hit my 10% goal with Weight Watchers, though, and I went shopping and bought NICE clothes! Click here to enlarge Nice slacks and things like that, with the bonus of being able to wear the plunging necklines to showcase my tasty nursing boobies.
post #16 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-17-2003, 09:18 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Send a message via Yahoo to GoatLover
nope! I think my sexy pajama wardrobe that I've got going on now, suits me just fine. Click here to enlarge
post #17 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-17-2003, 10:34 PM
cataclysm
Ambulance Chaser

Lord no! Some days I thought I would go insane I was so itchy, hot & sweaty in those damn suits & pantyhose.
post #18 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-18-2003, 10:31 PM
Ambulance Chaser

NO. Panty hose and heels are invented by the devil.Click here to enlarge
post #19 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-18-2003, 11:13 PM
Ambulance Chaser

My workclothes were steel toed boots and lots of shirts with my name on them. Don't miss them one bit. I was an agronomist/crop consultant. I like my new mommy uniforms much better. I feel prettier anyway.
post #20 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-21-2003, 08:19 PM
Ambulance Chaser

I was tech support/lab attendant for a university computer lab. As long as we were decent and could work in our clothes, they didn't care what we wore.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sybermoms Parenting Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Do NOT use an AOL email address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in