Holy dollar signs Batman! - Sybermoms Parenting Forum
Insemination Station If you want to know why eggwhites aren't just for omelettes,or you feel like shouting "I'm ovulating..get in here NOW!!" then this conception corner is for you!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-23-2006, 08:12 AM Thread Starter
Unsupportive Freeloader

Holy dollar signs Batman!

Well, AF is knocking on the door, and I had my RE appt today. He went over the HSG films with me, basically the tubes are open, but they aren't perfectly open. We are moving ahead w/injectibles b/c this is probably our one good shot as the next few months are probably our most fertile as far as the tubes go.

Anyway, the cost break down is this:
Each u/s visit is 227.00, guesstimating 2-3 visits for this.
The actual IUI is 375.00 Click here to enlarge 75 for the wash, 125 for the procedure and they do a fucking SA each time which adds on 175.00.
Cost of the lab draw, not sure what that will be...estradiol levels 2-3 times

Meds...we did get lucky on this one, I think. Dh plugged in a fake script at his store the other day to see what it would cost, and it showed up with our medication coverage kicking in, giving us a cost of about 160.00 for 7 days worth, instead of 500-600. I'm hoping it actually goes through when we pay for it tomorrow Click here to enlarge I got the script today for Follistim and he had to order it, so keep your fingers crossed.

Now if AF would just get here...my head is pounding and my eyes feel foggy. I have to call them as soon as I bleed and get my bloodwork and u/s done by day 3 at the latest.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-23-2006, 09:57 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Well shit. And your insurance won't cover any of this?

I guess you hope and pray that the injectibles combined with the IUI will just blow everything out of the water and make it happen, you know? I really hope you'll only have to go through it once.

I'm thinking about you, MM. Click here to enlarge
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-23-2006, 10:22 AM Thread Starter
Unsupportive Freeloader

No, my insurance only covered diagnostic. Which saved me the cost of the HSG, ultrasound, etc. Minus the 40.00 copays Click here to enlarge

Between this, replacing our a/c ductwork and putting in a new shower (ours is leaking) my poor dh won't see the light of day with all the OT he's gonna have to do Click here to enlarge
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-23-2006, 08:02 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Yikes!! I don't have much to add, just that I feel for you!!
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-24-2006, 05:31 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Well, it's good that you got coverage for the HSG, but ugh. It really sucks you get nothing for the actual infertility.

Bastards. Click here to enlarge

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sybermoms Parenting Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Do NOT use an AOL email address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in