TTC for 1 and a half months now - Sybermoms Parenting Forum
Insemination Station If you want to know why eggwhites aren't just for omelettes,or you feel like shouting "I'm ovulating..get in here NOW!!" then this conception corner is for you!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-02-2008, 06:51 PM Thread Starter
Unsupportive Freeloader

TTC for 1 and a half months now

My second round TTC. Zachary was conceived after 9 months of trying and I havent used any birth control in the 3 and a half years since he was born, but still no other kiddos.
I'm charting with fertilityfriend.com and will be having my S/O's sperm count done in February if we don't get that BFP soon!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-05-2008, 09:30 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

One and a half months isn't a very long time. Give your body the time it needs. I say if after six months you still haven't gotten pregnant then you may want to have a further look into your dh's sperm count. Best of luck to you.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-05-2008, 09:57 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Good luck!
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-05-2018, 11:37 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

I don't know if you know this but when a mother lactates and breastfeeds her child it releases a hormone called oxytocin. Oxytocin acts as a natural birth control. For as long as you are feeding your own child and still trying to have another one, it is less likely to happen for you. So if you did it for a year or two, you not being able to conceive during that is totally justified. After stopping it still might take a while for you to conceive. I suggest you be patient in this. You have had one child. I don't think there would be any serious issue with you or your husband now. But in any case, good luck.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-07-2018, 02:14 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Dear TTC, good luck in your efforts. I can wish you the best of luck in your efforts but I think that you are really getting impatient. It is really too early to decide for a newcomer. If there is some kind of delay then it is because of the hormonal changes as well. As you breastfeed the new one, the hormonal secretions that support the reproductive system get minimized. Although you have not mentioned about being BF I feel that you must be giving your child the natural nutrition. It is a natural phenomenon that prevents a woman from conceiving. Most of the women use breastfeeding as the natural birth control thing. The same is happening to you I feel. One and a half month is not such a long period that you start worrying. Take some time, relax and let your body come back to normal. Once your routine cycle of period returns it would become easier to conceive. Till then be patient and relax. You are already blessed with the blessing of motherhood. Until you have another gift from heaven enjoy the moments with him.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-09-2018, 05:05 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Hey there! How are you? I hope you are doing good. And how is your DS? Must be a trouble maker, is he? Much love for little Zachary. And good luck with your next ttc. Hope to see you there soon. I am sorry I won't be having any suggestions here. I have a problem unrelated to this one. I went to a fertility clinic in Ukraine for this. Had to go through IVF. But thank God it worked. My little angel is 7 months old now. I could not ne more happy. Hope you will get lucky this time around too. Best wishes.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-09-2018, 02:24 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Hey, how are things going? Things will work out for you. It is normal to face some complications after the first baby. Our body doesn't remain the same all the time. Consult your OBGYN. Wait for fr the results first. I am sure there will be no serious complications. xx

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sybermoms Parenting Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Do NOT use an AOL email address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in