"Quit trying and you'll get pregnant"? - Sybermoms Parenting Forum
Insemination Station If you want to know why eggwhites aren't just for omelettes,or you feel like shouting "I'm ovulating..get in here NOW!!" then this conception corner is for you!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-09-2003, 11:52 AM Thread Starter
bjm

"Quit trying and you'll get pregnant"?

I am constantly being told this! How do you just "quit trying"? I know my body too well "not to try," KWIM?

Also, when I'm TTC, I'm careful about meds I take, drinking, etc. If you just "quit trying" and don't worry about such things, what happens?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-09-2003, 12:19 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

I think people say that because they have nothing else to say. I just ignore people that say stupid ass comments like that and think to myself Click here to enlarge

My favorite comment lately has to be, "well--- I guess it was just meant to be that you only have 1 child". Yeah--just like it is meant to be that my size 9 foot is going to be implanted in your ass if you don't get out of my site. Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge Click here to enlarge
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-09-2003, 12:35 PM Thread Starter
bjm

CM, I love you comments!! I'll have to remember that! Click here to enlarge
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-09-2003, 12:36 PM Thread Starter
bjm

Should have said "your comments"!
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-09-2003, 12:57 PM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

I am so sorry guys, my heart just aches for you both Click here to enlarge I think these comments occur when people feel the need to say something and it just all comes out wrong. As well intentioned as these comments are, a simple I'm sorry will usually suffice. I remember getting the "it's meant to be" and "everything happens for a reason" when Gavin got diagnosed. That is the absolute last thing that I wanted to hear at the time and I did get a little bitchy about it. My response was it was never meant to be to have a sick child.

I hope you both see positives because you seem (well, as much as I can tell from a message board to be great Click here to enlarges.

I am walking to find a cure for Juvenile Diabetes
To Support me Click Here!
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-09-2003, 01:08 PM
Mmmmmm tuna
Hard-Core Sybermom

By year 3 of TTC without success I quit telling people that we were even trying because of those comments. Though, by year four I had given up and was contemplating IF treatments when I found I was pregnant. Click here to enlarge

Hang in there. Click here to enlarge

"I'm proud of you, but also a bit fearful that we're verging on what I call 'feelings territory' so let's stare at the fire in silence" - Ron Swanson
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-09-2003, 02:19 PM
Ambulance Chaser

Click here to enlarge I feel your pain sooooooo bad. Click here to enlarge

I finally decided to do 2 things. #1: stop using opk's, stop charting, stop checking cm, stop watching the calendar. It's just making me too tired and stressed out. It will happen when it happens, for me.

#2: next motha fucker that asks about my ttc and says some shit like "just relax," I'm going to tell them dh and I are both infertile and were just told we'll never be able to have children or something horrible like that, just to make them feel like shit and get them to SHUT UP.

It is sooooooooo insensitive. It fucking KILLS me. And that "everything happens for a reason" crap? Yeah, real nice to say there. Click here to enlarge Click here to enlarge I want to just stomp them on the head when they say that shit to me. Click here to enlarge

Wugh.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-10-2003, 06:29 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

I can usually just ignore most peoples comments, but my Mom's comment the other night really got my blood boiling. Click here to enlarge
She told me that it is probably all for the best that we have only one child so that "when it come time for Claire [my dd] to go to college, you will be able to pay for her to go".

Click here to enlarge
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-10-2003, 07:07 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

If I had a dime for every time I heard that....

People can be ignorant. My grandmother actually told me that there was nothing wrong with me and that if I just stopped stressing about it, I would get pregnant "like that". Sure...this was coming from a woman who had 6 kids! I just couldn't convince her that SOME women DO have problems getting pregnant! Plus, how can you NOT try.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-10-2003, 12:47 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

We stopped going to the RE while we were waiting for dh's vitamins to kick in. I was still charting and using the monitor. We got pg 2.5 months into the vitamin regimine. We were definately still trying. I have had several people assume we wern't trying because we wern't seeing the RE. "See, I told you there was nothing wrong, you just needed to relax." "See, I told you if you stopped trying, you would get pregnant." Click here to enlarge Idiots. If you want a baby, there is no way to not try.
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-10-2003, 08:19 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

UGH I hate that statement it pisses me off every time

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sybermoms Parenting Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Do NOT use an AOL email address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in