Potty Training - Sybermoms Parenting Forum
General Parenting Need answers to your questions? Don't know where to go for support? Here's your place, we know all the answers and can help you with the most generic of problems.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-08-2002, 07:27 AM Thread Starter
Unsupportive Freeloader

Send a message via Yahoo to 1HotMama
Potty Training

What do you guys do I don't know squat about potty training? hee hee. Dd will tell me when she pee pees or doodys then she goes and get a diaper, her diaper rash cream and her changing pad and lays down to be changed. Click here to enlarge I have gotten her to sit on her potty in a clothed diaper. What should I be doing? I have no idea. Should she be wearing panties now? She hasn't actually gone in the potty yet.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-08-2002, 08:59 AM
Wayward Wombat

I have the same questions with CW. He will go sit on his potty seat. He will stand in front of the toilet like daddy. But he has yet to do anything. Click here to enlarge Also, he won't tell me when he's pottied or pooped in his diaper. Wugh. He used to bring me a diaper, but now he'd just rather keep playing. Click here to enlarge

So, does this mean he's not ready yet? Or just sort of ready? Is there anything I can do to encourage him?

Ask three experts your product photography, labeling and shipping questions...
Find free resources for starting and growing your home business

post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-08-2002, 03:45 PM
Ambulance Chaser

I read practically everything on the market and still had to pretty much play it by ear. (Neither of my kids seems to fit into a neat little pattern on anything. Click here to enlarge)

DD potty trained pretty late, 3 years + 3 months, but I'm fairly sure she would have gone sooner if I hadn't presented her with the upheaval of a baby brother at 2-1/2. She watched all of her classmates at daycare train before she decided it would be a good idea, and trust me, until it's their idea, you don't have a prayer.

Now, you can definitely encourage them and get them used to it. I think the best influence is seeing Mom and Dad go and knowing that it's normal and getting the basics of the routine down (you know, pull down pants, undies, THEN go Click here to enlarge). I always made sure I dropped everything if she said she needed to go, even when I was pretty sure I was being played, as I sat up several nights with her on the potty between about 2 and 3 a.m. (Ah, good times. Good times.) Another key is to be sure they recognize the before you go signs. The only way my Lauren figured it out was to go on herself and put two and two together. Being like me, all the talking in the world was not going to do this. She had to feel it for herself.

When she really seemed to be getting serious about it (i.e., asking often and in a pretty set pattern), I just started putting her in underwear when we were home (and doing a lot of cleanup work). We saw NO results when she wore pull-ups during the day; they were just glorified diapers as far as she was concerned. Once we hit that milestone, she trained herself within a week!! I only used pull-ups for overnight for about the first month just in case, but she always woke up dry. It was a wonderful day!!

Now I'm back to square one with DS. He is two and very consistently pees in the bathtub, right after I've had him stand in front of the potty with the bath water running. Click here to enlarge Not sure about this one. Good luck, ladies!!
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-08-2002, 10:47 PM
Konurs Mom
Ambulance Chaser

I have been doing infant potty training with my ds since he was 10 months or so. I put him on the potty in the morning and after naps and he pees. he used to poo, but has stopped doing that on the potty now. He is 17 months now and I would like to keep it going because I know he is not trained right now, I am!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sybermoms Parenting Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Do NOT use an AOL email address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in