Tell us about your walkers and talkers - Page 7 - Sybermoms Parenting Forum
General Parenting Need answers to your questions? Don't know where to go for support? Here's your place, we know all the answers and can help you with the most generic of problems.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #121 of 134 (permalink) Old 06-18-2009, 07:35 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

I have one, a 3 1/2 year old boy who goes by Joey, Mojo JoJo, shortened to just Moje, MoMo, or Joseph Alexander when he's in trouble. He's great at pushing boundaries, doing puzzles, and building stuff. The conversations we have sometimes make little sense but they are entertaining nonetheless. Well, until he starts making things up that are not that great. He told my mom that my friend threw him out of his bedroom window. We live on the second floor.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #122 of 134 (permalink) Old 04-04-2010, 04:37 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Talking

My little boy is 2 years old.. He is like running around the house and whenever he is holding something like remote control he would think that as a microphone. He would sing and do some hosting while holding it.. I makes me laugh and feel proud of him Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge
post #123 of 134 (permalink) Old 08-29-2010, 02:13 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Talking

I have SuperNoah, he's 6, and Princess Emilee, or Miss Mimi, they are both as spoiled as they can possibly be, but adorable. They've been walking and talkig for a while, but I thought I'd take this opportunity to talk about them, because they're mine and I can.
post #124 of 134 (permalink) Old 09-03-2010, 11:00 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Well, as far as walking/talking goes....
I have a 5 year old son who runs (literally, he's a flight risk) who had 3 words by 12 months old and somewhere around 14 or 15 months, he lost them. He is currently non verbal but we are working on getting him a communication device to help him express his needs and wants to help with his frustration.

My 19 month old son is just starting to walk more...he met all his gross motor on time, but was in NO hurry to walk. He has a couple of words...his most used are "Bubbles" and "Uh Oh" -which we say a lot because he's always destroying everything.
post #125 of 134 (permalink) Old 04-01-2011, 07:36 AM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

Everyone told me Deirdre would talk earlier than the boys, and that didn't happen. However, now that the language explosion has long since happened, DH and I are constantly amused at the difference in how she talks. Long complex sentences in which you can hear the semi-colons separating the many, carefully constructed, dependent clauses. Click here to enlarge
All my boys would have said: No! I don't want you to change me! I want to play a game!
But Deirdre just said, "I am sad you not play this game with me instead of change my diaper first." Click here to enlarge
post #126 of 134 (permalink) Old 08-21-2011, 08:20 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

I have a 4 year old son Jensen and a daughter turning 3 in 5 days. Her name is Maddie. They're both wild and keep us hopping.
post #127 of 134 (permalink) Old 08-24-2011, 04:28 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

My youngest is going to be 22mos next week. We've been going to speech therapy for about 2 months. She was essentially silent until we went. She's been signing as soon as we started and is picking up 1 syllable words everyday. I was/am concerned about other issues, but I get reassured every week, she is progressing well, and she is at/or above where she should be for all other milestones.
post #128 of 134 (permalink) Old 09-01-2011, 10:12 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

My youngest is started walking at 13mos. She try to walk fast,its so cute. She starting to talk little more she can say her name.. She will be 15 months today. Click here to enlarge
post #129 of 134 (permalink) Old 10-04-2011, 09:27 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

I have one daughter who is 12 (149 mnths) years old and in stage 3 of purberty. I have another daughter who is 1 (16 mnths) year old. She is walking and whining and making a mess everywhere she goes.
post #130 of 134 (permalink) Old 04-03-2012, 11:22 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

my dd's an awesome little biscuit. she's going to turn 2 on august 23. she's hilarious. her favorite joke right now is to tell her daddy that " daddy name not jeminah. daddy name is TAHLAH!!!" and burst into giggles. she tells me " I DID A BIG OL BEAN MAAAMA!!" when she farts too.

[img]watchgamesnow.com/pics/football1754.jpg[/img]
post #131 of 134 (permalink) Old 07-02-2012, 11:25 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

I have a 5-year old son named Sid, and my daughter Ciara, is now 2. I'm having a blast being a momma to both of them. They are a handful it's true but I found myself learning new things everyday since I had them. I just found myself looking for cool e-books to read to them before bed. And searching for nice music that they can dance to. I also recently discovered this new and free educational app called Maddie and Matt's A to Z's Good Manners and Values in the appstore. It aims on teaching kids good manners and the best social graces. We always bond over it when they're playing it in my iPad. It was fun and very, very educational. Try it.
post #132 of 134 (permalink) Old 12-19-2013, 03:01 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

My little boy is Frankie. 2 years old.
post #133 of 134 (permalink) Old 01-12-2014, 12:34 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

My DD is 2 years 4 months. She lives by The Toddler's Creed, has applied for membership to the the Toddler's Council of Gloriousness (followable on FB) and her current favorite hobby is streaking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #134 of 134 (permalink) Old 06-07-2016, 12:10 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Here's my story... My son is 19 months old. He said NO words up until recently. I was very concerned!! My husband, his family, and my family scoffed at me and said "all children talk in their own time and don't worry. He is so advanced in motor skills". Well, of course I still worried (fears of autism, delayed development kept me up at night) Finally at his 18 month appointment, I addressed it with my doctor. She was the only one who supported me to get him evaluated. Well, yesterday we went in for our evaluation and he is 50% behind in receptive communication! No autism, off the charts in fine and gross motor skills, and average in cognitive/academic, and self. He qualifies for a speech pathologist to come to our house weekly for therapy. Because of this EARLY intervention they say within a few months he should be back on track and will have no further development problems later on down the road! I feel so much relief to finally know! And a little justified bc I wasn't crazy for thinking something was off. YOU are your child's advocate! Why not get your son evaluated? It is free through your state. If it is something, the sooner he gets help the better and if it's nothing won't you be glad to have that peace of mind??

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sybermoms Parenting Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Do NOT use an AOL email address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in