Tell us about your walkers and talkers - Sybermoms Parenting Forum
General Parenting Need answers to your questions? Don't know where to go for support? Here's your place, we know all the answers and can help you with the most generic of problems.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 134 (permalink) Old 05-18-2004, 07:38 AM Thread Starter
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

Send a message via Yahoo to LucyLooLoo
Tell us about your walkers and talkers

How old are your walkers and talkers? What are their names?

Feel free to share a quick anecdote about each of them. Click here to enlarge

You want a piece of me, present roll?

What about you, Asshole?

wishing you eternal tomfoolery, goob
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 134 (permalink) Old 05-18-2004, 07:42 AM Thread Starter
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

I have Justin who is 3.5, and Evan is this close to walking and talking. He'll be one next month.

The other day I was praising Justin for pooping on the potty--old habits die hard, I guess. I told him he's "such a great pooper!" and he told me, no, "I'm a great pooper AND PEE-ER!!" Duh, mom.

What about you, Asshole?

post #3 of 134 (permalink) Old 05-18-2004, 08:35 AM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

Send a message via Yahoo to Harlot
Well, mine isn't walking or talking alot, but I don't think we fit anywhere else. Click here to enlarge

Savannah is very very close to walking also. She said her first real word on Saturday. As I was putting my jacket on to go outside, she started waving and yelled "BYEEEEEEEEEEEE." Click here to enlarge

No fluke, as she now says "BYE BYE" everytime someone puts a coat on. Click here to enlarge

Ok, so she's 27 months on the 24th of May. She's my tiny little peanut and loves to sing and dance as best she can while sitting. Click here to enlarge

I never thought I could...
Steady feet, don't fail me now

I don't remember what day this is without coffee, but it's a day and it's going.
post #4 of 134 (permalink) Old 05-18-2004, 12:20 PM Thread Starter
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

Of course she fits in here, Jeana. Click here to enlarge

How wonderful to have her talking and ready to walk! She's come a long way in such a short time. Click here to enlarge

What about you, Asshole?

post #5 of 134 (permalink) Old 05-18-2004, 01:08 PM

Austin is 28 months old today. Click here to enlarge
post #6 of 134 (permalink) Old 05-18-2004, 06:31 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Nacala turns 2 on May 29.

She loves taking out garbage. We live in a NYC apt. building and anytime there's a garbage bag waiting to be taken out, she's on it immediately. "Gabage, gabage gabage," she says until one of us takes her to take it out.
post #7 of 134 (permalink) Old 05-18-2004, 09:16 PM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

Jonny is 22 months(7-16-2002). He's recently started doing the hand actions to the Blue's Clues song. When the song gets to "think, think thiiiink" he puts his hands under his chin, and shakes his head a little bit. Very cute.

Instead of saying peekaboo, he says "I seeeeee you!"
post #8 of 134 (permalink) Old 05-19-2004, 05:37 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

I have 2 walker talkers. My DD, Megan, is borderline since she'll be 5 in August. We've just made the big decision to forgo K in the fall and give her another year of pre-school.

Wyatt turned 2 on March 28 and he's more of a runner talker Click here to enlarge His favorite things right now are "ouside" and "mocycles".
post #9 of 134 (permalink) Old 05-19-2004, 03:33 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Erin is 3.5 years old. She started kindergarten this term and is loving it. She's a lot of fun - mostly placid and easy going, although she's been testing some boundaries lately. She's given us many an amusing moment over the years - especially messy ones (fingerpainting the hall wall while I was busy with her little sister, emptying out the entire contents of her bean-bag - twice within the same week!). She's a sweet and loving child, and a fabulous big sister.

Speaking of sisters...my other one is Dana. She turned 2 on May 10th. She's an easygoing wee thing too....very happy most of the time and evidence of a really wicked sense of humour. I suspect the older she gets the more we'll learn about her capacity for mischief. The adoration between her and Erin is mutual - I love to watch them together. Lots of kisses and cuddles between them, and hardly any arguments. I figure I should make the most of that while it lasts!

Well...that's my two. I think it's the first time I've ever talked about them by name here on Sybermoms.
post #10 of 134 (permalink) Old 05-19-2004, 05:48 PM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

Miss Maggie is 29 months. Her real name is Magenta, she's named after the Rocky Horror Picture Show character, not the Blue's Clues character.

She's such a great little girl, I love her to pieces. I'm looking forward to watching her become a big sister in a few weeks. Click here to enlarge

Life is uncertain. Eat dessert first.
post #11 of 134 (permalink) Old 05-19-2004, 08:48 PM
Dea
Ambulance Chaser

I have the one boy, 24 months on 5/25 named Jake.

He is stuck on saying OK right now, but it sounds like Oh Tay. I try not to think about buckwheat, but it's hard. It makes me smile and it's sooooooo good to get past the "NO" phase.
post #12 of 134 (permalink) Old 05-20-2004, 04:09 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

I have 1 DS who is 27 months.

He is all about colors right now, we discuss the color of everything ALL DAY LONG! Click here to enlarge
post #13 of 134 (permalink) Old 05-20-2004, 10:12 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

My ds is 23 mo old. He'll be 2 6/18. He's my doll. His big thing is "all done" and he means it. When he goes to bed at night he lays there and says "all done" and trying to get up.

He's also quite the smoocher too.
post #14 of 134 (permalink) Old 05-21-2004, 02:18 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Liam is 20 months.

He is a busy little guy, always on the go, and has such a personality!

He has this walk, more like a strut, that people just stop and point at him when he's on the move and smile at me Click here to enlarge

His things to die for right now are trucks, balls, animals and being outside.

Click here to enlarge
post #15 of 134 (permalink) Old 05-22-2004, 10:23 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

I have two children. Matthew, 16 months and Cassandra, 4 in July. Matthew can say papa, mommy and bye-bye and a few other words. He loves to dance, which is really swaying back and forth. Click here to enlarge He can also say Cassandra but he pronounces it as "caca", which is so funny because that means poop in spanish! Click here to enlarge Cassandra's constantly trying to correct him. "No, Matthew, CAH-SAHN-NA." She can't even say her own name correctly. Click here to enlarge Poor girl's gonna have hell when she's in school trying to write out her long ass name.
post #16 of 134 (permalink) Old 05-23-2004, 01:55 PM
Yeah that.
Hard-Core Sybermom

I have one walker and talker and two tiny tikes. Hayes is 25 months and in the repeating everything stage, not to mention the "Hayes-es!" stage Click here to enlarge

I'm doing it because she asked but I really do her.
FMT
post #17 of 134 (permalink) Old 05-24-2004, 06:37 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Jason just turned 2 and is so cute I can't stand it! He is becoming quite the little parrot repeating everything we say. DH is going to have to start watching his language now, or he will end up like his cousin who was saying Fuck at age 2.5!

Yesterday we went out to dinner with BIL and his family. When we left them in the parking lot, I said "Bye guys..." and of course Jason said "Buy Guy!". And said it, and said it, and said it....for the entire 30 minute drive. Click here to enlarge
post #18 of 134 (permalink) Old 05-24-2004, 06:46 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

I have a soon to be 3 y/o in Sept. Devin (the devil).

He is my little "get into everything he's not supposed to" man.
Loves his mommy and daddy, beating on his big sis, and showing his lil bro how to play with the toys.
post #19 of 134 (permalink) Old 05-25-2004, 08:20 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

London is 29 months and is a trip. Her favorite things to say are "Well I think that's just cute" and "Beautiful." A little girl at daycare showed her her socks this morning and she said, "Beautiful." Click here to enlarge She's very strong and is not so great at listening Click here to enlarge we're working on that and it can be very frustrating. She's a doll, though. Click here to enlarge
post #20 of 134 (permalink) Old 05-26-2004, 07:14 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

My 3.5 year old ds is Liam, and he's a determined, intense, adorable and snuggleable little guy Click here to enlarge He's into swords, anything with a motor, tools, worms, and purple nail polish Click here to enlarge He's an amazing mix of tough and tender, and he always keeps me on my toes.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sybermoms Parenting Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Do NOT use an AOL email address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in