It was bound to happen - Sybermoms Parenting Forum
General Parenting Need answers to your questions? Don't know where to go for support? Here's your place, we know all the answers and can help you with the most generic of problems.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-02-2004, 10:16 AM Thread Starter
MIZ
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

Unhappy It was bound to happen

My "good eater" has become Miss Finicky Pants. It SUCKS!! She was really finicky last week and early this week when she had coxsackie, but I chalked it up to the virus making her uncomfortable. But NOW, OMG, it's awful. Everything I offer her is "no, no no" with a little shake of the head (and sometimes a wagging finger tooClick here to enlarge).

She just ate cucumbers & raw bell peppers for lunch because she REFUSED to eat the ravioli I put out for her. Well, then she was pointing to the pantry and I narrowed it down to a can of cannellini beans. So, I opened it up, put a few on her tray, she started throwing them on the floor and lunch was OVER.Click here to enlarge I cleaned her up and decided it was naptime and she might be hungry, but she'll eat when she wakes up I guess.

She used to motor through food and now it seems she is barely eating. I guess she's FINALLY slowing down, but I miss my good eater.Click here to enlarge

Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you react to it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-02-2004, 10:22 AM
Ambulance Chaser

How old is she? Mine started this a few months ago, right after she turned 2. She used to eat like a truck driver. Now she hardly eats a thing and she's very picky. My ped said it's perfectly normal. She's not growing as rapidly as she was for the past 2 years. Also, look at what they eat over the course of a week to determine if it's balanced. Don't worry about individual meals or even days. If she eats nothing but cheese and crackers for 2 days, that's probably fine. If she hardly eats at all one day, that's fine too. It all balances out. I think it's so stressfull with a little girl because I don't want to pass along any food "issues" I have.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-02-2004, 10:53 AM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

Send a message via Yahoo to Harlot
Sounds like Miss Savannah. Click here to enlarge All she will eat these days is Graham crackers and PB&J's. Click here to enlarge

I never thought I could...
Steady feet, don't fail me now

I don't remember what day this is without coffee, but it's a day and it's going.
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-02-2004, 02:08 PM Thread Starter
MIZ
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

Quote:
Originally posted by lil'fatty
How old is she? Mine started this a few months ago, right after she turned 2.
She's turning 2 in 9 days.Click here to enlarge I guess it's the age then??Click here to enlarge

post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-02-2004, 03:44 PM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

Dang, I wish my almost 2 year old would eat vegetables. *sigh*

Somedays, all I can get into him is peanut butter sandwiches. He'd eat pb out of the jar if I let him.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-02-2004, 05:06 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

DS is turning 3 on Monday. He is generally a great eater, and will try all sorts of things, but lately he's been on a PB&J kick too. I just keep telling myself that since he's had such a varied diet already, he'll eventually be open to more foods again.

--Nancy L.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-02-2004, 07:24 PM Thread Starter
MIZ
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

Quote:
Originally posted by Nodakbabe
Dang, I wish my almost 2 year old would eat vegetables. *sigh*

Somedays, all I can get into him is peanut butter sandwiches. He'd eat pb out of the jar if I let him.
Yes, my DD does love her fruits and veggies. But she never really ate sandwiches, which is hard because it's an easy lunch to pack for her. She wants to rip the slices of bread apart and just eat the filling, even if it's peanut butter or grilled cheese. She'll just bite it off the inside of the bread.

And while it's great that she eats fruits and veggies, they don't really fill her up so well so she is crying because she's hungry, but she won't eat what I give her.

Although tonight she ate some chicken nuggets and some leftover veggie sushi rolls (she unrolls them and eats the veggies and some rice, but not the seaweed). But she wouldn't eat the applesauce I offered her, so I gave her raisins. She LOVES raisins so I'm always vigilant with the tooth brushing.

And I think she likes spaghetti (at least she does when *I'm * eating it) so I need to start making that more. It's messy, but if she likes it, so what??

post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-03-2004, 06:03 PM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

Click here to enlarge I discovered that DS LOVES yogurt. And since he hates eating fruit most of the time too(he'll eat bananas, but that's it) I buy the kind with the fruit mixed in, so at least he gets some fruit. And yes, yogurt is messy, but if it gets vitamins into him, then so be it.

Ooh, he will eat Boca "chicken" nuggets, so I can get soy beans into him too. I mix veggies into whatever kind of pasta dish I make him too, so he does get some that way. I just wish I had one of those kids who will beg for carrot sticks. Click here to enlarge
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-04-2004, 06:02 AM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

I have a picky eater here too. He eats alot of foods that are good for him, but I can't seem to get him to eat any meat. Shrimp is just about the only meat he will eat now. I'm going shopping today, gonna pick up some peanuts and sunflower seeds for him. I worry about him not getting enough fats too.

I try not to worry, I'm sure it's just a phase.

YO!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sybermoms Parenting Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Do NOT use an AOL email address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in