Potty Learning - How do you handle... - Sybermoms Parenting Forum
General Parenting Need answers to your questions? Don't know where to go for support? Here's your place, we know all the answers and can help you with the most generic of problems.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-08-2004, 07:46 AM Thread Starter
Ambulance Chaser

Potty Learning - How do you handle...

accidents?? My 3 year old has been doing better with wearing underwear and pottying on the toilet although he needs to be reminded all day. Sometimes I wonder who is trained Click here to enlarge

Lately, he has been refusing to wear a pull-up or even a diaper at night (he will wear a pull up at night). Some days he does great, others he poops and pees in his underwear all over the house and mommy gets VERY frustrated. I try very hard not to let him see my frustration but seriously, I do not want to spend all day cleanin up the pee!

What do you say to your children? My instinct is to tell him that if he poops and pees in his underwear he has to wear a pullup, but he really doesn't want to... is that giving him permission to poop/pee in a pullup? Is that punishing him? Sometimes he acts like he's upset about poo/pee in his underpants and other times he acts oblivious...

I know that when he's ready, he'll be good... I just don't know how to handle the interim while still respecting him and not making him feel bad about accidents but yet making sure he knows that not what you're suppose to do...

Making any sense?? Any BTDT advice??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-08-2004, 08:10 AM
jenniebug
Ambulance Chaser

Bethy--
I have totally BTDT. Xander would have poop accidents and we would just gently remind him that poop goes in the potty not in our underpants. But that is the only time we would say or do anything.

Rory has also had a few slips since she PTd a few months ago. We just change her and again remind her peeClick here to enlargeop is for the potty not our panties.

I don't have any real useful advice, I just let me kids go at their own pace without any pressure or lectures.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-08-2004, 12:55 PM
Ambulance Chaser

Blake poops in his pants and sometimes in the toilet but he's got the pee thing under control. What's odd about the poop in his pants is that he won't do this unless we're home.
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-08-2004, 08:24 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Send a message via Yahoo to tweek
I let my dd help me with the clean-up. I don't use it as a punishment. We clean it up together because I think it just helps her get her head around the concept of why it is better to go to the potty.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-09-2004, 12:08 AM Thread Starter
Ambulance Chaser

I've tried that, he thinks it's a blast to get out the vacuum and suck the pee up. I have to be careful that he doesn't pee just so we can get it out.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sybermoms Parenting Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Do NOT use an AOL email address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in