Overnight potty training? - Sybermoms Parenting Forum
General Parenting Need answers to your questions? Don't know where to go for support? Here's your place, we know all the answers and can help you with the most generic of problems.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-16-2004, 08:50 PM Thread Starter
Ambulance Chaser

Overnight potty training?

DD is completely potty trained during the day, but she still sleeps in a crib, so we still put a diaper on her to go to sleep at night. Every morning the diaper is very wet. We will be getting a big girl bed for her soon, (we are waiting for some friends of ours who are PG to clear out a room in their house so they can take our crib and baby furniture.)

My question is, when we do get her a big girl bed, how do we teach her to not pee at night? Is it something that just comes with time? She wears panties for naptime now and always stays dry, but she still sleeps 12 hours at night, and I just can't see her going that long without peeing. Any suggestions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-17-2004, 04:58 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

I'm not there yet, but all my friends have told me there is nothing you can do to "night train" them. It happens when it happens.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-17-2004, 07:53 PM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

Click here to enlarge DS #1 night trained months before he day trained. He just suddently started waking up dry. He was about 2 1/2 when it happened. And once it was consistent, he only wet the bed twice, both my fault because I forgot to bring him to the bathroom before he fell asleep.
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-17-2004, 09:26 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Send a message via Yahoo to tweek
I agree with "it just has to happen". I went with the rule I had heard that after 7 nights in-a-row of dry to go to panties/underwear.

That's exactly what I did and I guess in the entire time she has had 2 bed wetting accidents and they were at the beginning.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-17-2004, 09:36 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

My oldest didn't night train until she was 5. I just kept her in pull-ups and it happened on it's own.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-19-2004, 01:59 AM Thread Starter
Ambulance Chaser

Thanks! I will let it happen naturally. Click here to enlarge

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sybermoms Parenting Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Do NOT use an AOL email address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in