Sybermoms Parenting Forum

Sybermoms Parenting Forum (https://www.sybermoms.com/forums/)
-   General Parenting (https://www.sybermoms.com/forums/13-general-parenting/)
-   -   Bath time has gotten gross (https://www.sybermoms.com/forums/13-general-parenting/385190-bath-time-has-gotten-gross.html)

phil M'Crackin 03-19-2006 06:08 PM

Bath time has gotten gross

My dd (21 mos) has taken to pooping in the tub. I'm sure the warm water is stimulating her. :puke

woozle 03-19-2006 07:50 PM

:puke
That is gross. I haven't had that happen yet Thanks god. I gag and almost puke when mine drinks the bath water. I don't think I could handle floaties :lol

jango 03-20-2006 12:32 AM

BTDT :lol

Vermin 03-20-2006 01:53 PM

My youngest went through a phase of doing that too; thankfully she seems to be over it now though.

I tried to time baths so that they were fairly soon after she'd pooped in an effort to get through that phase without too many mishaps. I think it happened about 5 or 6 times all up, and grossed me out every time.

Once she'd really sorted out the whole toilet-training thing and had better control over such things, there were no more incidents.

odiej 03-24-2006 11:48 AM

I know that this might sound gross but does your DD usually have hard stool?

Peyton was having really hard stools for awhile and she started pooping in the tub, when I talked to the doc about this he said that the warm bath water helps relax their bums and the poop comes out much easier with little discomfort.

LOL I went to the pet store and bought a fish net and now I use that to fish out the poop when it happens (thankfully it doesn't happen often anymore), then I just wash out the net with bleach after each episode.

I hope she stops doing it for you soon.

Redheaded Momma 03-24-2006 01:30 PM

BTDT It is gross. Have you tried sitting her in the water and then sitting her on the potty? Maybe now is the time to introduce the idea?

phil M'Crackin 03-24-2006 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by odiej
I know that this might sound gross but does your DD usually have hard stool?

No, she is a really regular pooper, hardly ever constipated. Which is good, because when she was newborn, she would go days (9 was the longest). Then, I would have to help her out.

I did buy a potty seat. The first day, she did great. The next day, she wanted to go in there every 15 seconds, and refused to let me put a diaper on her. :twitch Today, she would tell me potty, but then go in her diaper before I could sit her down.

Beavis 03-27-2006 08:57 PM

Poop doesn't bother me. I have no idea why. :dunno

Avaturtle 04-01-2006 02:50 PM

luckily I never went through that.