Too much screen time - Sybermoms Parenting Forum
General Parenting Need answers to your questions? Don't know where to go for support? Here's your place, we know all the answers and can help you with the most generic of problems.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-15-2017, 06:38 AM Thread Starter
Unsupportive Freeloader

Too much screen time

Im mother of 2 and sometimes Im very afraid that my children will become addicted to the internet. I heard that there are some apps for limiting screen time. Have you tried them?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-25-2017, 09:25 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Take the time to play with your children in outdoor activities that will limit themselves to playing games or watching videos on youtube channels similar to the following channel.
https://goo.gl/pamf73
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-03-2017, 11:05 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

hey there dear, hope you are doing good. You can try out the following things rather than finding apps on the internet again. make a phone time out where in no one in the family will use their phones. It could be during meals or homework time or any other time that you feel. Keep all the phones together in a basket or a box so that no one sneaks out to check on their phones. A very important thing that I started was keeping them occupied and busy with me. I involved them in household chores like the elder one in the kitchen with me and the younger one watering the plants outside. I even started playing games with them, went for cycling and played badminton. It was extremely good for my fitness as well. Things are pretty much in control now.
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-04-2018, 05:34 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Qustodio is a great option. But educating kids to play using real toys not only computers must be the real target. Limiting only is not enough. The kid needs new things to keep him interested.
For each age there are tons of toys and games to fill the time and bring in fun and new abilities.
For some reviews on such toys I suggest
https://kidslearningthroughplay.com

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sybermoms Parenting Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Do NOT use an AOL email address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in