oh no!! - Sybermoms Parenting Forum
Military Moms--DECLASSIFIED Are you in the military or married to it? If so, then this is the place for you.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-08-2004, 02:49 PM Thread Starter
Ambulance Chaser

oh no!!

I just heard on the news that they are going to deploy 200 marines and 900 sailors in the California area!

When will this be over??Click here to enlarge
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-08-2004, 07:35 PM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

Probably going to be like this for a long time.

We hardly have any *East Coast* Marines home, the next group leaves for Iraq for a year soon. There are others in variuos other places plus the regular deployments.

post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-16-2004, 04:32 PM
mnfarmgirl
Ambulance Chaser

don't think that the deployments are going to end soon either. My dh will be leaving for 6 months in March sometime. The thing that will suck the most is having all 3 kids home for 3 months durring summer vaction. UGH!
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-16-2004, 05:19 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Oh no, six months Click here to enlarge
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-17-2004, 01:13 AM
Ambulance Chaser

Max, I know 6 months sounds like petty change compare to the 12 months most of you have to endure, but it's a hardship just as well. I don't think we should be getting in a pissing contest, like "oh, my dh is deployed longer than yours".

My dh was gone for only 6 months as well. He was there during the war, he was there in full chemical gear when missiles were shot at them and nobody did know, well, are they chems or not?

So just because he was only gone for 6 months and we only had to be seperated for 6 months doesn't deserve a roll eye in my honest opinion. Click here to enlarge
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-17-2004, 06:17 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Thank you for that corinne.

My husband deployed a year ago and is still not back. I know what you mean about the trials of the war, it was scary stuff as it was unfolding. Dh's Division was attacked by one of it's own men before they even got into Iraq. DH was less than 1/4 mile away in that incident and they were among the first to respond. If that man had planned to continue his rampage, I could have an entirely different outlook on life right now.

But I understand that Max has trials of her own, even if he wasn't there for the war itself. Her husband has *only* been there 4 mths, true, but he has already been shot. His best friend was killed not 2 weeks ago. I know Max and I know she is wonderfully supportive and I know she is looking down the barrel of 18 mths before her husband comes back and it has got to be hard not to be bitter.

I can't put words in Max's mouth, but I know she was not looking for a pissing contest, probably just letting off some steam. Don't think too unkindly of her for it.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-17-2004, 06:23 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

mnfarmgirl, I feel for you. Dh left last February and I homeschool our 3 boys; 9, 7 and 4 , and it's been a hell of a long year with no 5:30 relief marching in every day. Click here to enlarge

You can do it if you stay positive and be creative. Fair weather affords you lots of opportunities, and activities, that one is not this time of year. Get a tourist guide of your town, that can help you see all the goodies that you may be overlooking locally. See about discount rates to the pool on post/base. Bowling, your library's summer reading program, stuff like that.

It can be done and the kids can be less bored if you stay busy. Click here to enlarge
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-17-2004, 09:27 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Yes, I was being pissy. I'm sorry.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-25-2004, 08:23 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Send a message via Yahoo to 3xLady
Marine Corp, 3/4 btln is going to be doing another tour next month. They are in Oki right now. 1/7 and 2/7 will follow soon after. They are in 29 Palms, CA Click here to enlarge

My heart goes out to all of you regardless of the length of duty, or whether it was during combat time. The dangers are still real there every single day.

Click here to enlarge

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sybermoms Parenting Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Do NOT use an AOL email address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in