Sybermoms Parenting Forum

Sybermoms Parenting Forum (https://www.sybermoms.com/forums/)
-   Military Moms--DECLASSIFIED (https://www.sybermoms.com/forums/144-military-moms-declassified/)
-   -   Question about forts/posts (https://www.sybermoms.com/forums/144-military-moms-declassified/184584-question-about-forts-posts.html)

teey 06-02-2004 01:37 PM

Question about forts/posts

We have been to Ft. Cmpbell,I didnnt really like.I have been looking up Forts/posts on the internet and really like the look of Ft. Lewis Washington.Has anyone ever been stationed there,have any input?Thanks for any and all answers

Kiowa 06-02-2004 01:41 PM

Never been there but Dh has heard good things about it and he really wants to go.

Clit 06-02-2004 01:54 PM

Same with us. It was on our wish list leaving Turkey instead we got Bragg :hmpf

I hear only good things.

teey 06-02-2004 02:06 PM

From what I was reading Bragg seemed better than Campbell,You do not like Bragg?

Kiowa 06-02-2004 02:15 PM

Bragg, Campbell and Drum are all in the same league. :lol Well, Drum is worse since it gets all that snow.

Clit 06-02-2004 06:44 PM

:cuss Bragg is the armpit of the army.

I do not like it that much, this is my second time here. The only PLUS to bragg is that it's only an EIGHT HOUR DRIVE from my hometown :lmao

But, I've never been to Campbell. :dunno

Kiowa 06-02-2004 06:59 PM

I like the area around Campbell, but dh says it's anal here.

Maximus 06-02-2004 08:24 PM

I loved Fort Lewis. It was our favorite duty station. Lots of rain, but so much to do! Beaches, mountains, plains, forests. It has everything.

It's a very child friendly place to live too. Some people can't get over the rain though.:dunno

Cerise 06-02-2004 09:38 PM

It's only an hour away from me and my bil was stationed there for a while. We take the trip to go there every once in a while because I like their commesary better than ours. The rain does suck. They have an awesome hospital on base too, Madigan hospital.

Rapture 06-03-2004 10:22 AM

My ex-h was stationed there. I'm from around that area.
It's not bad. If you're going to live out in town take your time to find a good neighborhood. You can pm me if you end up there and I can help you there.

Karen is right, Madigan is a great hosiptal.

There are all kinds of great local things to do, Seattle is about 40 minutes from Ft. Lewis, ocean is nearby, it's great.

Coolmomto3 06-03-2004 10:49 AM

I have a dear friend moving there for the second time next month. She really likes the area, schools and activities to do but housing is very expensive...at least I think. They are looking at 3 bedroom, 2 bath homes that run some $200,000 and up wich to me is very pricey even with the BAH. And these are pretty standard homes - not high end as you would think with that price tag.

I am here at Bragg and leaving....Yipee! Bragg really is not a bad post - lots to do, great units unfortunatly you have to deal with Fayetteville which is a true armpit and sucks in all aspects.

Orchid 06-03-2004 11:12 AM

Quote:

Bragg is the armpit of the army.
No, that's Hood. :lol

Kiowa 06-03-2004 11:17 AM

I forgot about Hood. :lol I hated that town.

Nodakbabe 06-03-2004 11:42 AM

I disagree with both of you, Polk is the armpit of the Army. It's also located in the armpit of America.

Of course, it was the only army post we were ever stationed at, but it still sucked donkeyballs.

sherripie 06-03-2004 11:51 AM

I kind of miss Fort Polk. :paranoia

Nodakbabe 06-03-2004 03:47 PM

Freak!! :lol The roaches, the heat, the humidity...blech. Taught me that I could never be a southern girl.

The armadillos were kinda cute though, well, when we weren't running over them.

Maximus 06-03-2004 04:32 PM

You know any post you laugh at you end up living at, don't you? It's called military karma.:lol Ask me how I know.

Kiowa 06-03-2004 05:15 PM

I don't doubt that Max. :lol I know Bragg or Drum is in my future if we stay in.

sherripie 06-04-2004 09:36 PM

It smelled really really good there though. And I miss all the nice places to walk. Clarksville doesn't have any really god places to walk. :lol

Plus I am not big on shopping, and I like doing outdoor type stuff, and I loved the scedule Kevin had there, he was almost always home around 4...

Plus I had some really good friends down there. I haven't really met a whole lot of people here so far, even though we have been here twice as long.

Kiowa 06-05-2004 08:06 AM

I like walking the trail at Dunbar. The dogs love it too, but that's the only place I know. :lol