Tricare standard question(since I can't get into the private forum) - Sybermoms Parenting Forum
Military Moms--DECLASSIFIED Are you in the military or married to it? If so, then this is the place for you.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-22-2003, 10:18 AM Thread Starter
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom
Nodakbabe's Avatar
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 23,644
Tricare standard question(since I can't get into the private forum)

Ever since DH left for Korea, I have been having alot of difficulty with my 7yo's behavior. He has been(at different times) extremely defiant, moody, throwing tantrums, etc. It's getting to the point where I often have to put my 13mo in the play-yard, so I can deal with the 7yo.

Okay, so here's my question, with standard, do I have to get a referral to a child psychologist/counselor, or can I just make the initial appt with one?
Nodakbabe is offline  
Sponsored Links
post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-22-2003, 04:32 PM
Ambulance Chaser
Posts: n/a
I am not totally sure but I found that I need to get a referral for anything other than seeing our PCM. We have Tricare Prime Remote, though, but I would think that to see anyone other than your primary care you'd want to be authorized. Youwouldn't want to get stuck with the bill. Good Luck
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-22-2003, 04:58 PM
Registered User
Unsupportive Freeloader
Barbie's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Nuthouse
Posts: 15,052
Send a message via Yahoo to Barbie
Call the 800 number on the back of your Tricare card. It will be one of those recorded thingys, but it will eventually give you an option for "mental health" information. Then you will get a person who can tell you some dr's names. If you have a dr you want to see, you can cut to the chase and ask them to put in an approval for that one dr. Good luck! It's most likely what DH calls "post traumatic kid syndrome" - your dh being gone is a biggie in his life and he's having trouble coping.
Barbie is offline  
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-22-2003, 07:12 PM Thread Starter
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom
Nodakbabe's Avatar
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 23,644
Ah shit, I didn't want to sit thru the damn Tricare phone system, waiting to talk to someone. I should find the tricare cards too, every civilian clinic I've gone to has just used my military ID.

Barbie, I'm really hoping that's all it is, now that we're down to under 100 days, I think we're all(well, except the baby, since he has no idea who daddy is) going a bit stir crazy knowing the end is near.
Nodakbabe is offline  
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-02-2003, 10:19 PM
Ambulance Chaser
Posts: n/a
If you're anywhere near a base, you might try the Family Service Center (Navy) or the equivalent for the pertinent service. That's where I went, even as active duty, when I was having emotional stuff.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sybermoms Parenting Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Do NOT use an AOL email address.

Email Address:


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome