Has anyone ever stepped down from their current position? - Sybermoms Parenting Forum
Double Duty Divas Support for working moms! Whether you are part time, full time or even a student...this is a place for you!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-09-2004, 09:59 AM Thread Starter
Ambulance Chaser

Has anyone ever stepped down from their current position?

Ugh. When the woman who was the office manager left, they made me the office manager. Fine. Whatever. One problem, they never hired anybody to replace ME so I'm doing the OM job and my old stuff. I have had it.

In November I begged BEGGED (it was embarrassing, really) for some more help. Nope. I do have a p/t person but she doesn't do a 1/4 of what needs done. I could easily have her plus a f/t person and still have tons of work. Nope. Can't hire anyone else.

I'm to the point of walking in there and telling them I am stepping down from the OM position and just being the bookkeeper chick and they can find someone else to be OM.

I am so frustrated. It is a very very small town and jobs are next to impossible to find. My employer pays very well but we have no benefits. None. Not even a paid day off. Not even holidays are paid. Like Christmas. No pay.

Feedback? Is this something you would do? Is it suicide? What?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-09-2004, 10:14 AM
Ambulance Chaser

Ok as your syber HR Director I am advising you not to do that. Take a deep breath or two-even go home and take a mental health day but do not draw the line in the sand. Yes it is suicide if you do.

There are other ways to handle this. Let me know if you want to brainstorm some ideas.

Hang in there!
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-09-2004, 05:07 PM Thread Starter
Ambulance Chaser

Thank you! I bit my tongue today. It's bleeding now but I didn't tell them what i think of them. Click here to enlarge
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-10-2004, 10:56 AM
Ambulance Chaser

Click here to enlarge Hang in there!
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-10-2004, 06:53 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

I just stepped down from my promotion I got about a month ago. It wasn't for the same reasons. Just go to management and tell them you are extremely appreciative for the opportunity to move up.

However, if they will not hire someone to replace you in your old job, you would like to just go back to your previous position and not have any of the responsibilities of the office manager. Also, it is hard to learn and be trained in a new position that demands such attention and learning, when you still have the responsibilities of your old job.

If you want to remain office manager, offer to train the new person.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-10-2004, 07:35 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Hang in there. I know what it is like to be overworked and have a sucky job...

Listen to Lifes A Bitch, she seems to know what she is talking about. Click here to enlarge
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-11-2004, 04:01 PM Thread Starter
Ambulance Chaser

ARRRGGGHHHHH Today was even worse. OMFD I might not make it. Click here to enlarge Click here to enlarge Click here to enlarge
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-11-2004, 07:21 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Keep this in mind, a job is NEVER, EVER more important than you are.

If you find this job effecting you, your family, the way you treat your family (I don't mean being shitty and mean), or other people, this may not be what you need to do.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sybermoms Parenting Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Do NOT use an AOL email address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in