Fluff.. do you take your lunch? - Sybermoms Parenting Forum
Double Duty Divas Support for working moms! Whether you are part time, full time or even a student...this is a place for you!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-24-2007, 08:42 AM Thread Starter
Ambulance Chaser

Fluff.. do you take your lunch?

If so, what do you eat?

I take lunch most days. Usually it's leftovers but last week we didn't cook anything that had leftovers. A few days my lunch was cottage cheese, a bell pepper, some fruit. Click here to enlarge It's whatever I grabbed out of the fridge. I need to plan some meals for this coming week so I can have leftovers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-24-2007, 09:00 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

I take leftovers a couple of times a week. I go to a local grocery outlet store and stock up on Seeds of Change, Amy's, or Linda McCartney frozen entrees for 99 cents. I have some 'soup at hand' in my desk. I take different types of crackers and vegetable spreads.

My office is next to the school cafeteria but I rarely eat that food. I can order very good salads in from the central kitchen at the school district although I lost the order sheet and haven't done it this school year. We go out every 10 days or so. Once a week parents bring in loads of food for 'Sweet Wednesday' and once a month each grade level hosts a lunch.

Really, the problem isn't that I don't have options although being vegetarian nixes some of the eating out/break room food.
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-24-2007, 09:19 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

3-4 days a week. I get to work whatever hours I want and don't have to take a lunch, so I try to get my 8 in between 8-4 and not have to leave the building or eat in the kitchen.

I bring leftovers or a salad from the amazing salad bar at the grocery store or a wrap I made at home or something like that.
post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-24-2007, 10:08 AM
Christmas 2008
Hard-Core Sybermom

Send a message via Yahoo to krissi
I have been making a real effort to bring my lunch. I can not believe the money I would blow on getting lunch or breakfast at work. Plus it has been cold and I dont want to go out Click here to enlarge.

Christmas 2008
post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-24-2007, 11:59 AM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

Send a message via Yahoo to Strange
I bring a lunch everyday. sometimes left overs, if I am lucky enough to have those Click here to enlarge

usually a heap of salad greens with ff cottage cheese as dressing and whatever veggies I have handy in the fridge chopped in.

I sometimes make sandwiches but lately have been making wraps. I made one with chicken and spinach and dipped in peanut sauce that was Click here to enlarge

STFU Mags
post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-24-2007, 12:36 PM
AMG
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

Smoked turkey & provolone with mayo on wheat & Lays Potato chips.

Reapeat ad nauseum Click here to enlarge

Sometimes I take leftovers, but I really don't like leftovers. In fact, I don't like leftovers more than I don't like making a sandwich Click here to enlarge
post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-24-2007, 02:21 PM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

I take frozen WW or Lean Cuisine meals. Usually snag a piece of fruit and maybe some leftovers if DH doesn't get to them first.

DH and I both take either bagles or hardboiled eggs for breakfast. He also has a pop tarts stash Click here to enlarge

Days I don't take food, I usually eat Subway. I'm kind of burnt out so I have tried to take food most days Click here to enlarge

General Immoral Fuckery
post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-24-2007, 02:28 PM
mab
What kind of clothes do you suppose would be worn by a man with a mole on his nose?
Hard-Core Sybermom

Always. Frozen stuff, leftovers, sometimes just an apple and some cheese, or pesto and crackers, whatever I can scrounge up. I usually buy groceries with an eye toward it. I have to pack BG's lunch every day bc of her allergies, so it's barely more effort. Plus going somewhere would really cut into my generous 1/2 hour break. Click here to enlarge

Find me on facebook - KHW.
post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-24-2007, 02:33 PM Thread Starter
Ambulance Chaser

Click here to enlarge mab I get a 1/2 lunch too. Some days, I stretch mine though. I work 8-5 everyday with a 1/2 lunch. I figure by stretching my lunch every so often to 45 minutes, I'm saving the bank money. Click here to enlarge
post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-24-2007, 06:43 PM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

I bring my lunch M-T. Usually leftovers or a frozen meal. I really like the chicken pot pies. They cook up really good in the microwave so right now I'm hooked on them. I do go out on Fridays just to get away from the office.

Faith is taking the first step even when you don't see the whole staircase- Martin Luther King Jr.
post #11 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-24-2007, 07:12 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

I'll cry for you all while I'm sitting at my computer working between bites every day Click here to enlarge
post #12 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-24-2007, 07:44 PM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

I don't generally take my lunch hour but I do eat at my desk. I take lunch from home everyday--most of the time it is a wrap, yogurt, fruit. Some days I might take tuna or cheese and crackers. Occasionally it is leftovers. On Fridays for the forseeable future we are having luncheon presentations so the company will be providing my lunch--this past friday it was potstickers, dumplings, egg rolls, fruit and veggies.

It is easier to build strong children than to repair b.roken men.
-Frederick Douglass

"If you think education is expensive, try ignorance." -- Benjamin Franklin
post #13 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-25-2007, 07:05 AM
Punk Kids - 12 Years Old & 7 Years Old

Send a message via Yahoo to PunkassPie
I always bring my lunch. I don't cook big dinners because DH works nights so leftovers aren't an option. Usually I bring cut up veggies and low fat dip. Like grape tomatoes, carrots, snap peas, bell pepper. Breakfast is usually cottage cheese and sunflower seeds, or an orange or something. I'd say 4 out of 5 days that's what I eat.

I usually just sit at my desk and eat because our breakroom is a joke. Although I did take about an hour and half nap in my car last week Click here to enlarge
post #14 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-25-2007, 12:17 PM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

I take my lunch four days a week. Usually a frozen Lean Cuisine or a turkey sandwich on whole grain, plus fruit and light potato chips. We go out for lunch on Fridays.

post #15 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-25-2007, 02:26 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

I bring a WW meal most days. When I don't, I eat at Jimmy Johns.
post #16 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-25-2007, 05:29 PM
WWF
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

Send a message via Yahoo to WWF
Quote:
Originally Posted by PunkassPie
I usually just sit at my desk and eat because our breakroom is a joke. Although I did take about an hour and half nap in my car last week Click here to enlarge
I do this sometimes. Click here to enlarge I go out and kick the passenger seat all the way back and doze. I set the cell phone alarm to wake me up.

To answer the OP, I probably bring my lunch 1/2 the time. Although starting tomorrow we're on a time clock, so I can't cheat on the timesheet anymore. Click here to enlarge I'm sure I'll bring my lunch more often then.
post #17 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-26-2007, 07:27 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Send a message via Yahoo to bluebonnet
I almost always bring my lunch. I normally binr WW frozen dinners. They're actually not that bad. Click here to enlarge

Sometimes I'll cook chicken breasts and veggies at home for lunches.

Every once in a while I'll eat out. There are several places to choose from around here. We have a really big tunnel system, so you don't even have to go outside. I'll get a grilled chicken sandwich from Chick Fil A or something.

Oh, and for breakfast, I usually bring a breakfast bar, or like today I had a cup of yogurt.
post #18 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-26-2007, 07:28 AM
Samantha Louise, 12 years old on 1/14/16
Hard-Core Sybermom

I pack leftovers if we have them, or a frozen dinner if we don't. Or I get a salad from the grocery store, although the grocery store is almost as bad as Target for me. "I'll just get a salad--and look! They have that taco dip I like! And I think the kids need some new after school snacks, and maybe I'll make stir fry so I should get some meat...." etc. And then I come back to work and realize that I shouldn't have purchased all that frozen/refrigerated stuff, because it really isn't going to fit in the work refrigerator.

--cited as one of sybermoms' most normal members.

http://365project.org/iowafalduto/365
post #19 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-26-2007, 07:37 AM
WWF
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

Send a message via Yahoo to WWF
I sometimes bring in six bags of cold stuff to the big fridge on the other side of the building. I love grocery shopping at lunch. Being able to concentrate on the list is so nice.
post #20 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-26-2007, 08:19 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

I usually bring leftovers if we have any, and if not then it's a sandwich. I'll got out for something every once in a while, but not frequently because it takes so much time. I just want to put my time in and get the hell outta Dodge as soon as I can. I also bring yogurt or something for breakfast because our mornings are hectic.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sybermoms Parenting Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Do NOT use an AOL email address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in