Talk about inappropriate comments in the workplace!! - Sybermoms Parenting Forum
Double Duty Divas Support for working moms! Whether you are part time, full time or even a student...this is a place for you!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-16-2007, 04:46 PM Thread Starter
Unsupportive Freeloader

Send a message via Yahoo to Chatter
Talk about inappropriate comments in the workplace!!

I have never encountered someone like this. I was completely blown away. So here's the story...I was sitting in staff dining today with a coworker and he's telling me some stupid story about a party next door to him that he called the cops on last night. Apparently they are college students. Get a load of this conversation:

Him: You know why Morris is so bad now, it's because of all those gays and lesbians.
Me: Click here to enlarge Ummmmm, that's a pretty close minded thing to say. I'm pretty sure their sexual orientation has nothing to do with it.
Him: Yes it does. Those people are all whackadoos.
Me: Click here to enlarge No, I think YOU are the whackadoo. A close minded, ignorant, whackadoo.

I got up and left and went directly to my Sgt. Who then went and talked to both the Lt. and Cpt. They both came and talked to me, had me write an incident. Then I heard them call him to the Chief's office. I'm not really sure what happened from there, but since an incident statement was written, the warden will be involved. We have a few lesbians that work at the prison, and I would hate to think what would have happened if any one of those ladies were to be in staff dining when he said those things. There would probably have been blood shed. Click here to enlarge Or at least a LOT of yelling and screaming.

What an asshole. I hope he gets some kind of disciplinary action taken against him.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-16-2007, 05:02 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Send a message via Yahoo to CelticFrig Send a message via Skype™ to CelticFrig
That's my alma mater. Click here to enlarge

I know the person who supervises the gay/lesbian/transgender group there. Click here to enlarge Morris is a great campus and as far as I know it continues to have a great reputation.

That guy is an asshole.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-17-2007, 03:52 PM Thread Starter
Unsupportive Freeloader

Send a message via Yahoo to Chatter
He was terminated today. The Chief called me in the office to talk to me about it today. We have a zero tolerance policy for racially derived comments and or jokes, so I told the Chief "take the gays and lesbians" part out of his sentence and add in any racial group and he would have been walked out already". The Chief said I had a very good point, and that it really is no different. Not to mention the other officer showed no remorse for offending others with his hateful spewing.

Adios, asshole! Click here to enlarge
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-17-2007, 05:01 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Wow, it's nice that they take the policy so seriously and that your Chief recognizes that gays and lesbians don't deserve abuse any more than anyone else. Good riddance!
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-18-2007, 09:01 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

I wish that was a firing offence at my workplace. Now, management doesn't got there, but the staff can be incredibly homophobic and racist. It is like nails on a chalk board at times.

One of my coworkers is convinced that all Islamic males are just an opportunity away from being a sex offender. She is also convinced that all Middle Eastern salesmen are drug dealers, that all Asians are unhygenic and that all black people are rude.

The woman is a Catholic from Pakistan, so you would think she would be a bit more sympathetic to stereo types. She also has an Asian boss and a Jamaican one, so needless to say she does not have a huge amount of faith in our management team. Click here to enlarge

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sybermoms Parenting Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Do NOT use an AOL email address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in