Ugh. - Sybermoms Parenting Forum
Double Duty Divas Support for working moms! Whether you are part time, full time or even a student...this is a place for you!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-21-2009, 04:16 PM Thread Starter
Unsupportive Freeloader

Ugh.

You know the job I love?

Well, the writing is on the wall that it's not going to last more than 6-18 months at best. Nothing official from management, of course, but I'd be stupid to ignore some pretty major warning signs of impending doom. It's becoming crystal clear to me that the only thing keeping my office open is that they need time to get the staffing and support ready at corporate to handle the extra work. They won't eliminate the work that I do, but they'll send it over there and pay less for someone else to do it. If I'm "lucky" they might offer me the chance to work out of the corporate offices, but it would be impossible for me to do that without a substantial raise.

Of course, I saw a perfect job six weeks ago that I didn't apply for because there was some good stuff going on at the time, and I thought I was in okay shape. Turns out the good stuff isn't going to be as good as I was thinking, so I wasted an opportunity. Click here to enlarge

So now I'm in job hunting mode, which SUCKS. It's bad enough for me in a good economy--I have very particular skills, so there aren't many decent jobs for me to apply for. But in a bad economy it's horrible. Click here to enlarge
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-22-2009, 09:20 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Good luck. Click here to enlarge
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-22-2009, 09:23 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

I'm sorry DaWezl. I hope it works out. Click here to enlarge
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-23-2009, 08:41 AM Thread Starter
Unsupportive Freeloader

I'm sitting here watching someone pack up 37 years of a career at this company. Her coworkers were given the option to move, but they have to make the decision within 1 month. Click here to enlarge

I'm still Click here to enlarge that they might call me down today, but it seems to be contained in a slightly different division.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-23-2009, 04:33 PM
AMG
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

I'm so sorry, DaWezl Click here to enlarge
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-24-2009, 07:56 AM
Punk Kids - 12 Years Old & 7 Years Old

Send a message via Yahoo to PunkassPie
That sucks Click here to enlarge. I hope you you find something else soon before they have a chance to let you go.

It's not a feeling, it's a knowing.

Trippin

Diva ~
Quote:
I'll buck the trend, I don't think her kids are all that in the cute department. not all kids are cute. they have other attributes that make up for that, but look at tweedle's aiden, that is a cute kid. and your kids mel, those are adorable kids. Her's are average. I wouldn't take a second look passing her on the street.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-24-2009, 08:56 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Man, that bites. Click here to enlarge I hope you find something soon! Click here to enlarge
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-31-2009, 11:27 AM Thread Starter
Unsupportive Freeloader

Things had been relatively positive at work this week. I actually started thinking "Maybe I'm freaking myself out over nothing. There's been threats in the past, but then the pendulum swings the other way, and they ended up expanding our offices."

Then yesterday I overheard a VP talking in the hallway. "Oh yeah, they're moving this department over to corporate." he said. "I volunteered to be involved so that I would know what's going on."

Sigh.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sybermoms Parenting Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Do NOT use an AOL email address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in