Bleah - Sybermoms Parenting Forum
Double Duty Divas Support for working moms! Whether you are part time, full time or even a student...this is a place for you!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-03-2010, 01:23 PM Thread Starter
Unsupportive Freeloader

Bleah

Long story short: Although I love my job, the rumors keep intensifying that they are going to be moving it to another state. As much as I'd like to keep the job, the reality is that if they ask me to relocate, I will have to take the severance instead. Recently there was a huge scare that they had finalized the plan, but it turns out that fell apart at the last minute. So we're back to the rumor mills churning.

I applied for three jobs at a nearby company that I *really* REALLY want to work at back in August. One job seemed tailor-made for my weird combination of skills, but they did not call me in, and the job just dropped off their website Friday. Click here to enlarge A second job is a step up from my current position, and the third job *is* exactly what I do now. I have not gotten a call back on either of those two jobs either. Click here to enlarge The worst part is that I'd applied there previously for a position, and I'd heard through a friend of a friend that they *wanted* me there, but they were waiting for an expansion (which is all the jobs that just got listed). I can't contact that person myself to see if they have any info on the current positions. So I really don't understand why I'm not getting any call backs for interviews. Click here to enlarge

The only thing my boss and I can figure (he's awesome and very supportive of me), is that, since we are in sort of related fields, there may be some sort of "gentleman's agreement" not to hire people from each other's companies. Which would triply suck. Click here to enlarge
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-04-2010, 11:55 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

It could be a gentleman's agreement and it could be the economy. My husband has been out of work since March and he has run into a lot of disappearing jobs. Companies seem to be going through the motions without making commitments.

One company actually had my husband go to HR and start filling out paperwork for benefits and pffft!! decided that they wouldn't actually fill the job for three months. A few months later the recruiter called and said they were going to fill the position next month and if he was still interested they would call in a week. Never happened.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-01-2020, 08:42 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

gossips never endss.. just do what is right baltimore eyelash extensions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sybermoms Parenting Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Do NOT use an AOL email address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in